You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Was Outside My Bedroom Door?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was Outside My Bedroom Door?

 

Alright, so I'll be honest... This is the first time I've ever really talked about this kind of stuff with people outside my very close family and friends, so I'm not quite sure where to start. I suppose a little background information might be handy, so here goes!

I'm 19 years old, and have had many encounters throughout my life, most of them good. My mother, brothers, sister, and even grandmother can say the same. I don't know why, but for one reason or another we're very sensitive to ghosts and spirits, and can feel them even though we may not be able to physically see them.

I've lived in the same house for most of my life, having moved here shortly before my first birthday. My mom has never been shy about telling me and my sister (only when we were old enough, of course) about her experiences with ghosts and such around our house. I'll leave those stories for another day, but I feel like it's important to say that I was raised with an open mind for ideas or concepts that a lot of people pass off as the result of an overactive imagination or simple tricks of the light.

Last year, probably around Christmas or Easter, my brother (with whom I am incredibly close) came home from London for a few days to celebrate with family and friends. Once guests had left, I walked up the steps to go to my room. I didn't turn the upstairs hallway lights on as I passed by the switch, as I know my way well enough to go without.

The way my house is constructed, the middle floor is connected to the second by a spiral staircase. For this reason the first few steps on the second floor landing were lit from the light coming from below.

I had been looking down on the ground as I made my way to my room, when out of nowhere I felt the presence of someone close by. I looked up, and saw what I believed at the time to be my brother standing just inches in front of me. I was so convinced of this that I threw my hands up and placed them on his chest to prevent running into him. In the middle of apologizing for not seeing him sooner, my hands sort of fell forward, and the figure that had looked so real and solid just a second before dissipated into nothing. I remember having stood there, stunned for a minute in the shadows.

I know that when I threw my hands up and onto whoever's chest it was, for a brief moment in time I made contact with something. I know that what I saw and felt was real, but it is beyond me as to what it was... There was no evil or malicious intent, or bad feelings associated with this spirit or being whatsoever. I just don't have a clue who or what it was, nor why it would have been standing outside my bedroom door facing the stairwell. When I went back downstairs after the jitters wore off, I talked to my brothers, and both of them had been downstairs the entire time.

I still get shivers just from thinking about this, haha. I'm really looking forward to hearing any ideas or comments you might have, so please, let me know! Your guess will be just as good as mine!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ItsTooGreen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ItsTooGreen (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Thank you, Valkricry!
After visiting YGS for months, I decided it was finally time to make my own account. Fantastic site!
And I've yet to see or feel this spirit around again, so I'm thinking you're probably right about this one.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Hi ItsTooGreen, welcome to YGS!
It sounds to me that what you encountered may have been a passing spirit. Some can seem quite solid. Think of it as paying a 'social call', just popping in to check things out, so to speak.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: