You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Daddy's Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Daddy's Little Girl

 

So about a year ago I met my current girlfriend Stephanie and we clicked almost immediately after meeting each other, we shared many common interest and we enjoyed the company of each other. As we grew closer she started telling me a little bit about her life story. She was adopted at the age of 6 and never knew her actual parents except from reading the adoption records and found out her mother was an alcoholic and a drug addict and the biological Father was no where to be found, which is why she was taken from her home in downtown Paterson with her biological Mother and then soon placed in a foster home from child services. It wasn't long until she was adopted by a couple in there mid 40's who wanted another child but simply couldn't produce one so they decided to adopt her. Stephanie was very hostile and distant from her new Mother at first but from the beginning she was very close with her new Father. Stephanie and her new Father grew very close over the years and the term "Daddy's Little Girl" was literally how they were, she looked up to her father as an inspiration and a hero in some ways. Well about 5 years ago her Father was stricken with cancer and shortly after passed away.

Now this is where my encounter begins, years after that I meet Stephanie and we start dating. Now, I had recently bought a touch sensor light that you had to physically touch the top of the light to make it go from dim to bright or vice-versa. This light has never given me any problems what so ever but for some reason when I started dating Steph the light would flicker from dim to bright and shut off and do it again, and this would occur time and time again.

One night while me and Steph were sound asleep in my bed we heard a loud bang and my door flew open (as if someone had kicked it open). We immediately woke up in a panic and as a I looked to my left the light was also flickering more then it ever has before. I got up out of bed and looked to see if someone had kicked it open but there was no one. I live with my brother and my mother as well and they were both sound asleep.

Both my girlfriend and I believe this is her father trying to warn me to stay away from his little girl. Since then I do honestly believe in the paranormal (P.S. The light in my room still flickers when she is present)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Key_Lay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Key_Lay (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-10)
Hey guys I don't know if you get notifications or not but to answer some questions [at] sds: Yes the light did only flicker when she was present and when I would drop her back off at her house and come back the light would be normal. To let all of you know since I had posted this story me and Stephanie are no longer together and the light has never flickered from on to off again. But now some other paranormal things have been happening and I plan on posting another story soon so please keep checking back with me because I'm going to need some advice with this one.
d2424 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
i have to agree with this he just wants to make sure his little girl is going to get hurt in away
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
Caring for one's child beyond the grave! Your girlfriend is really lucky! God makes up for whatever he doesn't give us. She didn't have her own biological parents around her so He gave her a new set of parents. And a father who looks after her well-being even after death!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
Hello Key_Lay, I agree with Talon. It is a good suggestion. Please take it. I want to ask you one question, just for clarification. The light, you referred in the narrative, does it go flickering only when Stephanie is present or at other times also?

Further, while pursuring Talon's advise, when you feel the presence of your girl friend's dad, please do speak out in a clear and respectful manner without in any way to offend him. Give him the confidence that you do love her and would definitely take care of her like how he did.

Please keep us posted of the developments, if any.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
stalker_wizard (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
Agrees with Talon its a good and genuine advice:)

Thanks for sharing the story.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
That is good advice TalonWalt. It would be good for both daughter and father to hear it as well:)
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Have a man to man conversation with him, and tell him how much you care for his daughter, and that you have good intentions towards her. Remind him that you are both adults, and nothing is done without her consent. He's just being a good dad!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: