You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghost Following Me

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost Following Me

 

I had recently moved into a apartment on the basement floor. I loved the place! It was nice and roomy and cheap! Until one day I heard the floor creek. I didn't worry about it until I started hearing the cabinets open and close and the doors open and close. I was so scared! One night while I was eating dinner with my 1 year old son the microwave turned on by itself. I thought I was loosing my mind! So I told my mom about it and she told me to research the place. I found out that a young lady around the age of 22 had died there. But I didn't want to find out why. I moved out as fast as I could!

I moved into a new apartment and I had been living there for 2 years, I loved the place but very odd things have been happening again! One afternoon while I was changing to go out to eat with my family my hair brush fell by itself! I thought it was very odd because it wasn't close to the edge. The next day it was a Sunday and it was 9 pm, as I was walking to my building I heard 12 church bells! I was so scared because there were no church bells around. I heard them again the next night as I was getting ready to go to bed!

I commented it to my mom and she said to pray and research again. The next night I put my son asleep and I started researching about people that have died around here but what I did find was that a young women died at the age of 22 in a wedding dress. She had killed her self because her fiance had left her. I was really scared and had such a weird feeling and the sensation that someone was staring at me! So I got up and looked in my sons room and nothing was there, I walked into my room and I was startled.

I saw a young women in a pretty white wedding dress crying on my bed. I was so scared that I put on my shoes got my son, my purse, phone and keys and ran out. Luckily I had everything on the table and ready to go. I spent the night at my mom's and I moved in with her. I will never forget that night. I feel weird still, maybe because it only been 3 months. I still feel like she is here but my question is why?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, im_scared, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-20)
Jlori,

Do you know or can you ask your cousin where they got this 'tidbit' of information?

"My cousin suggested using burning tarot cards for demons."

I am curious not only as to WHERE the information came from but just WHAT it is supposed to accomplish... Is burning them supposed to 'summon' them OR is it supposed to 'chase them away'?

Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jlori (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-19)
I have had many ghostly encounters. I learned the best thing to do was to light a white candle and to cleanse the house by burning sage at the same time. I told the spirit to leave that it was stuck in this world and it was ok to go to the next. My cousin suggested using burning tarot cards for demons. If you are religious then praying and having a pastor cleanse the house would help also. When the site has room for stories I will share mine. Also it is not good to show a spirit fear as they feed off of the fear and can manifest and grow even more so do not show the spirit or spirits that you are afraid.
MsColeman (3 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2014-10-24)
Hello I'm currently looking for guests for my intent show I'm looking to interview and discuss true supernatural events that happened to them. If you are in the DC, MD, VA areas! Please contact me at Aminacoleman44 [at] gmail.com for more details.
webbie (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
I can't blame you for being scared and running but it is a shame because you loved the places you lived but moved from them.

The woman most likely didn't follow you because she either wanted you to move or to make you aware that you didn't live there alone, however, if you see her again in a different apartment, then she is following you.

The night the spirit revealed herself, was it the anniversary of her suicide?

Did you take anything from the apartment of the deceased bride that you didn't originally bring in? If so, you may want to return it.

Perhaps you still feel her energy with you because the incident happened not too long ago. Hopefully the feeling will dissipate after more time has passed.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
Hi im_scared, I want to suggest you one thing. Don't ever get scared when it comes to paranormal. As far as the church bells are concerned, I am on the fence. But other things are quiet weird. Still I would like you to wait for some more time. You said that it has been 3 months since you moved in with your mom. Wait for a while. I don't think that any spirit or entity has been following you unless something like what Addison has opined. Unless you had, by chance, taken anything that belonged to the previous house or the one in which you lived earlier, that were in possession of the person/s who died, it is not possible for any entity to suddenly follow you.

If it happens again, please check up or try to find out, if at all, you have taken anything from where you were residing earlier. Still I do not think that you have been followed. This is my opinion.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
AddisonRoseMae57 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Have you ever picked up an old wedding dress, purse, or anything that a 22 year old lady might have owned? If you have, then perhaps you having that item might be triggering the ghost. Have you ever seen or heard about the show Haunted Collector? Watch that and maybe some answers will come up.

~Addi ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: