You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girl And Mother At Door

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl And Mother At Door

 

After school, my friend and I had arrived at her house, and were sitting  at the kitchen table, talking and drinking soda. Her little sister was sitting with us as well, who is eight. All of a sudden, she gets up, and walks to the door. We figured she just wanted to go outside, so we continued with our conversation, but then she came back with a worried expression on her face.  

She explained to us that when she was sitting at the table, she had seen a little girl, about her age, and a woman standing outside of the door. The wood door was open, so it was the screen door that they were standing in front of. But then she told us that as she was getting up to go see who they were, she looked back and they were gone. Apparently, they were also rustling with the door handle, as if they were trying to get inside. The older one was rummaging through our mail. After she told us that there were people at the door and then they disappeared, we ran outside to go see if they were walking away. But, the strange thing is, there was nobody there. Not just in front of the house, but anywhere on the street. They truly vanished.

Shaken up, her little sister then began to describe all that I wrote above and more. It was incredibly realistic, especially hearing her saying it first-hand. She described the younger girl as very pretty, wearing a pink ruffled skirt and a pink shirt, with dark hair, and Caucasian. The woman, she explained, also had dark hair, and was wearing jeans with a brown tee shirt.

I'm not entirely sure how to classify this situation... But I have an odd disposition that it was, indeed, involving the supernatural.  

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sarahrose926, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-21)
While I agree with the others, some other feedback might be nice. I also think that when a child says it was a white girl, people tend to use a different term when writing.

Sarahrose - I hope you questioned her further. Maybe it will happen again, or maybe it was just a freak incident that happened and they managed to get away in time.

Do some more investigating - and good luck to you:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
Hello Sarahrose926, welcome to YGS. I have the same set of questions to ask, any Val asked you. Please reply so that we could get some clarity. I just want to know how did you know that the elderly one was rummaging through your mail? Because you said that the little sister went out and came back with worried face. If she was the only witness, then it would be difficult to give any more comments without further information. Because at the age of eight, I think it is quite difficult for a normal child to describe that the little one was looking like a Caucasian. Please clarify the details.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Sarahrose926,
Hi! I've a few questions, if you don't mind. First, how far away is this door from where you were sitting? The little sister was the only one who noticed anything? You said they 'rustled with the door handle', was she the only one to witness that? Did the mail appear having been gone through? Also this line throws me a curve: "The older one was rummaging through our mail." Our? You get mail at your friend's house? Did she actually use the word 'caucasion'? (If she did, I'm really impressed! Most 8 year olds I know wouldn't even know the word let alone use it.)
Sorry for all the questions, I just want it clear in my mind. It's really an interesting experience.
Geeze, I swear sometimes I have NO manners! Here I am bombarding you with questions and I haven't even welcomed you to YGS! Pretty rude of me! Ummm... Welcome to YGS! 😁
~Val

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: