You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Spinning Bible

Real Ghost Stories

Spinning Bible

 

February 2013 I entered a homeless shelter. I'm living there still, but some events that followed my attendance have me a little on edge.

Since I moved back to Melbourne, my mother has tried getting involved with me for the first time in my life. I lived with her up until I was 16 and my "dad" took custody of me. Soon after I moved back, she heard about my pregnancy and instantly called me. I'm not going to say that I regret letting her back in, but she definitely did more harm to me than good. She'd make me feel bad about anything I did, like pick the peppers out of my salad because the smell makes me nauseous. She'd say "You're embarrassing me! Remind me to never take you out again."

She made me feel bad about things that I can't control. For example, I'm a skinny and fit person. I still work out at 6 months pregnant. But my daughter is making me look like I swallowed a basketball. She tells me that I look like a drunk redneck with a beer-gut. I now cover my baby bump with my notebooks when in public, scared that someone else might say something. Everyone in the shelter tells me it's cute, but what my mom said really got to me.

So now you know that there was tension for a while there. About a month ago, I told her to back off and get out of my life. She's done a lot of horrible things to me and let bad things happen to me, too. She won't help me with food. She calls me names. It's too stressful. So when getting home to the shelter, though I'm always sweet to everyone there, they could always tell when I'd spent the day with my mom. I won't cry, but they say there's a look about me like I've lost hope.

Needless to say, it was tough trying to keep a relationship with my mother. Without her, I have no family left. The father of my unborn child isn't involved (my choice), and I have yet to have any friends come visit me. I love my friends, but I guess their lives get in the way of driving a few blocks to say Hi.

I've started struggling in life again, fighting depression. So far I think I'm doing a great job. But there have been strange things happening. I think something is feeding off my stress and sadness. There's a rotating Bible in my room that plays music when wound. I have played with it once. I made sure that it had spun as much as it needed by forcing it to spin one last time after it stopped.

One night, I was almost asleep when I thought I'd heard the bible sing it's tune. I wasn't sure, but I was wide awake, startled. Not even a minute later, it started playing, really fast, but wasn't moving. I couldn't stop staring at it. I was trying not to move, afraid of triggering something else. Then it spun like a top. I was about to scream when the closet door swung open!

I jumped up, shut the closet door and turned on the light. The bible stopped. I ran downstairs and got a glass of milk. I stayed down there for almost an hour before going back up to try to sleep. I had a hard time sleeping, expecting something else to happen.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tuesdey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
I think it's a beautiful thing to have a child. Pregnancy and all. Looking like a "basketball" and gaining weight is part of the territory of a baby. The fact that you are maintaining a work out while you are pregnant, that excess weight will go away in time. When I gave birth I lost ten pounds alone during the birth. So let that go. Eat what you want and don't eat what you don't want to.

As far as your mom goes, stick to your guns as far as cutting her out of your life.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
You aren't alone, Tuesdey. Everyone who commented has given you wonderful advice and plenty of loving support. This is what you need and deserve--even if you can only find it online at YGS for now.

Make the most of it. I hope you'll accept Rook's sincere invitation to communicate through e-mail, because I suspect it would be more helpful than you can imagine.

I wish you the best. My beloved granddaughter went through a somewhat similar experience, at the same age. Peace be with you!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Please try this in your room at the shelter and for yourself...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

I do not mean to sound harsh with this next bit BUT... Stay away from your Mother... Seems as if she may be a poison pill and she may even... If she has not already... Blame everything in her life that is wrong on you... If she has... ITS NOT... If she hasn't but does... DO NOT BELIEVE IT.

There is a chance that with that 'one extra turn' you 'striped' the mechanism that allows the Bible to spin at he same time/while the music plays... As well as 'how fast' the 'spring' allows the music to play when it does. The closet door may just be a 'freaky coincidence' but by bringing some positive energy into you life you can turn this around... You sound as if you have a good head on your shoulders... Keep making good choices... Go for a walk in the park and allow the sunshine to 'burn away' any 'negative feelings/emotions/energy' that may be clinging to you, then just 'take in' the beauty of the day and of the miracle of Life that is growing inside you.

Please ask any questions you may have and I for one will be happy to chat with you via e-mail as a 'support person' if you wish. My e-mail is on my profile.

Respectfully,

Rook
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
yes, its a bad thing that your parents sound like they could be better, but I've also found that young people often interpet a story to their side. What ever the case, if you plan on keeping the child you have to make decisions right now that will effect your life and the life of your child. If you don't have a GED then go to classes at the library and get one. Do something constructive everyday, no excuses! Your young enough to make your life anyway you want, and if it takes changing who your friends are and the way you think then do it. And don't make excuses! Living in that type of atmosphere of negativety from those coming and going from a homeless shelter it really only suprises me that they aren't all haunted in some way. Anywho, get your GED and find a college that the government financial aid will cover and major in something that will keep you employed don't take something that gives you a degree that is worthless in the real world. I hope you overcome, but time is of the essence.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Hi my heart went out to you. I am really sorry your own mother treats you so badly. This is time when a young girl needs a mother's love and support... You sound grounded and I felt sure you will make a wonderful mum yourself. I was wondering what is the name of the music the Bible plays. Is it some kind of message. Did someone special give you the musical Bible. Can you change rooms... A little concerned about the closet. You are protected. The beauty of your child will bring happiness for a bright future.Blessings.J ❤
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-20)
Really sorry to know that you are forced to spend those beautiful nine months in a homeless shelter, all alone, without any loved one to be there for you. I know how it hurts, been through that myself. I had to break ties with my dad and stepmom when I was expecting my daughter. They had become extremely egoistic (they hate my hubby), petty and downright vicious. Now, they've suddenly remembered their daughter and grand-daughter. But I'm having nothing to do with them any more. My heart goes out to you. Have faith in God. He'll set everything right.
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-19)
Homeless shelters very often have a lot of negative energy in them, in my opinion. You should cleanse the room you're in, if possible.
ambercrystal (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-19)
it's sad that your mother treats you like that, but just remember pregnancy is a beautiful thing and soon, you'll have a daughter to take care of and she will love you unconditionally, and don't be afraid to show that you're pregnant, it's a natural thing! And picking out peppers isn't embarrassing, I always pick them out and I pick out other stuff too, because I just don't like them and I'm sure there are lots of people who do just that so don't worry about it. Keep positive beautiful! What you're doing is amazing and try to focus on the good things more than the bad and don't listen to your mother and maybe spend less time with her and take more time to do something that makes you feel better. But in terms of the strange happenings, it might be a lot of things, if anything else happens keep us posted!

Stay positive ❤ 😊
Mothpete (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-19)
The tension in wind up figures can be released at random times, but being accompanied by a door bursting open... That's curious.
SpiritChild7234 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
I'm so sorry honey nobody should be treating you like your mother has. I'm sure you are doing the best you can. You should keep your thoughts positive and leave negative influences behind so you can look forward to a bright new future with your daughter. As for the bible, I have never heard of a spinning bible if it is anything like a wind up carousel it could just be a mechanical error. I hope everything works out with your family issues and good luck!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
It is a shame that your mother treats you the way she does; not all women with children make good mothers 😢!

Could you, please, explain what you mean by a "rotating, musical Bible"? -I have never seen one and the only thing that comes to my mind is a couple of musical dolls I have which spin their heads when wound and I keep them in the china cabinet, and sometimes they play music for no apparent reason; but I have realized that any subtle movement can trigger the mechanism, even one of my cats running downstairs 😆!
I think the slamming of the closet door and the Bible spinning could have a more logical explanation.

Nevertheless, reading your stories made my heart shrink, you are so young and have gone through really hard times. I pray for you.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
How sad for your mother that she's so negative! I'm proud of you for knowing the difference. Glad you're not buying into her issues. As per the spinning bible, I'm guessing that it might be your guardian angel to get your attention and direct you towards a more-positive environment, such as the bible. Love and kindness are good places to focus yourself. You're in a delicate situation with your pregnancy, and I'm guessing your GA is attempting to encourage you. Remember to rebuke evil in Christ's name so as to protect yourself & your unborn progeny. Burning white sage will also dis-spell negativity, or at least calm it down. And remember that you're a wonderful, blessed person. God has entrusted you with a new life, so learn from your experiences, and do what's best for you BOTH. Godspeed! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: