You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian Angel?

 

I have an incredible story that occurred very recently too - I would like to share it because I believe in guardian angels. I decided to go racing against my friend in his WRX late one night. He pulled up next to me and told me to follow him to a spot he thought was suitable for us. Now, me being the idiot that I was (at the time) and I just bought the car recently. Not to mention, just learned stick in a matter of days in the very car I bought, so that was stupid period.

We both went on a light with no cars around us and he got the lead. As I kicked into 5th gear and almost red-lined it before shifting into 6th, my car boosted up to 120 mph and I started making it past him by half a car length. However, I noticed that he down-shifted or slowed down and at that split second, I noticed there was a bend up ahead and I knew I was going too fast. I tried to hit the breaks so that it gave me enough time to down-shift but something told me not to. All of a sudden, my steering while started shaking violently. As I tried to gripe it, my car went spinning out of control.

At that point, I was thinking in my head... "Sh*t, I'm going to die here... God, please help me..." Then it seemed as if I had someone giving me instructions helping me out, because I turned the steering wheel to the right, which caused the car to shift the other direction thus avoiding hitting my friend altogether. Instead, I received impact to the curb, which caused my tire to go out and I could hear the wheel scraping the road.

As I came to a stop a good 100 feet or so down the road, I ended up on the other side of the road (oncoming traffic), but luckily nobody was coming my direction save my friend, who did a U-Turn and pulled up next to me. He was exclaiming to me that I almost ended up hitting him if I spun the other direction. He was saying that - that was a load of bull and that I must have a lot of luck because he exclaimed to me that in that situation, to turn out the way it did, that was close to impossible.

Thinking about it clearly now, I recall the bend and the curb. Had I turned the steering wheel to avoid the curb, I would've have spun the opposite direction and the front of my car would've smacked right into the front of my friend. Also, if I had down-shifted then at red-line, I would've most likely blown my engine and my car would've been in the worst case scenario. I didn't think about it at the time, because I didn't know anything about cars or red-lining for that matter (at the time) since this was the first time for me getting a fast car. (I found out about this later after the accident when a different friend told me about red-lining)

I thank God and my Guardian Angel that was there that fateful night to save me. I have had other instances where I was close to encountering death but I'll save that for another time. I am curious to see if anyone has had someone watch over them and guide them in a dangerous situation.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
God has saved my life three times while I was in a car. I am so grateful that He was there to protect me! Every time were were so close to colliding, but we did not. He saved my father who was in a car crash a few years ago too. Great story Jin and you too Blessed! God bless and may He protect you guys always!

Ceary 😆
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Jin, that was an amazing story of how God can protect us when we need Him! I remember one night a few years ago, my church and I were going to Atlanta to visit one of our sister churches. We were all in the van going down a VERY busy highway when all of a sudden, our driver (who's a minister) saw an orange light under the van in the rearview mirror. We were 1 or 2 lanes away from the side of the road but we somehow made it over quickly and all jumped out of the van. The ENTIRE van burned up inside and out! The leather seats were reduced to their framing!
Also, the van had a full tank of gas but it never exploded! As if that wasn't enough, God sent confirmation that it was Him protecting us because about a week later, there was a story on the news about a church van full of people driving down the SAME highway whose van caught on fire like ours but theirs exploded and all who were in the van perished. It just shows that God is willing and able to help those who call on Him!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Hey Jin, wow! That's amazing, that's good that your a believer in God because if you weren't and let me tell you now, you probably would have died in that accident. Have God by your side everyday and you can be ensured that he is there to gaurd you. Him and his worker, your gaurdian angel. 😊 it's truly a blessing when there is an accident that could of caused you not to be here tommorow but instead you survived just because of your faith and loyalty, and all that good stuff. Never stop believing in yourself and God 😉
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Go to a racing Park. You know; specifically for car racing. Knock off your private racing, you are right about the idiot part. You could kill someone. And it would likely be a kid!
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Hi Jin,
that was an amazing story. I remember the car accidents I have been involved in and I don't know how am I still alive. However, the experience I recall the most is that time when I got home from a party at about 4am. My mom and brother spent the night at my aunt's house 'cause she was sick so I knew nobody would be in. I don't know why, but I couldn't open the door and the key broke so I tried the backyard door. My key broke too! I got pissed, locked the front gate and headed my way to my aunt's house were I had to sleep that night. The next morning as I was unlocking the gate, my neighbor approached me to say she woke up when I was leaving and she saw that right after I left, 2 guys jumped out of the window in my room, climbed over the gate and fled. I think my grandpa (passed away when I was 4) kept me outside and safe, needless to say I called the cops before stepping in again to find my house all messed up.
Hada (36 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Death comes to a person at a time written. It was just not your time. Good of you to thank the Lord as it is his will. I had had nearly the same happen to me, speeding down a two way from Damascus to the Jordanian border about 130km per hour. A pickup or car in front of me had no rear lights and I only realized there was a car ahead of me (pitch black, no street lights) just as I reached it. I swerved to the left to pass, luckily no one was coming. Then I realized I was riding only on the two left wheels so swerved to the right, again to the left, the car wobbling from side to side. I just ask God to hold the car steady. The car calmed down. Took me a while to calm down as the adrenaline, nerves, sweat, panic just welled up throughout my body. This was a stick shift too. Never again at such speeds. It just wasn't my time as well. Luck has nothing to do with it. It just wasn't our time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: