You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is It My Imagination Or Am I Hearing And Seeing Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It My Imagination Or Am I Hearing And Seeing Ghosts?

 

I've been looking around on this site for some time and I want to tell you guys about things that have happened to me mostly in the house where I live now for the last 16/17 years.

I am 28 now and we moved to this house when I was 11 years old (December 1996 if I am not mistaken). I moved there with my parents and 3 older brothers (I'm the only girl).

The first few years everything was okay and nothing happened, but when my parents changed my room when I was on a camp (I was around 14, I think) things changed. I don't know why though.

One night I was laying in my bed facing the wall. When I turned around I saw a little girl, typical ghost girl, blonde hair and white dress around 5 or 6 years old I think. She didn't say anything, she just looked at me and she vanished. I was not scared of her at all!

A couple of years went by and I didn't see her anymore, just heard her sometimes in my room. I would be fast asleep and all of a sudden I would hear a girl screaming for her mom. Now that scared me!

A few years later I changed my room again and one night, I wasn't sleeping yet, I was facing the wall again when all of a sudden I felt someone sitting on the side of my bed. I turned around and I saw a black figure... Thinking it was my dad checking to see if I was sleeping, I told him that I was okay and turned back around. When I looked again a few seconds later he was gone but I never heard the door open and close.

Now I also had a recurring dream that to this day scares me... In my dream I'd be laying in bed and when I look at my bedroom door (which has a small window in the door at the top made of shattered glass) I would see a black figure. It scares me. I can feel my heart-rate going up and when the door opens, I'll wake up... Every single time... That dream scares me.

Also, I'm terrified of our attic. I don't know why but it scares me and I won't go up there alone. I'm in a different bigger room now with my fiancee and in that bedroom door is a big window, same kind of glass.

One day we were watching a movie, and all of a sudden my fiancee asked me if I saw the shadow by the door too. I have seen it before but I never told him about it because I didn't want to sound crazy. I told him that I saw it too.

A few days later we were watching TV again in our room and I went down to use the bathroom, and when I came back up my fiancee looked kind of surprised because he saw someone (he thought me) coming up the stairs but never entering the room. Both times we were home alone! And our room is on the 3rd floor of the house and it was during the day so it couldn't be cars or anything.

Also, sometimes I would hear someone yell my name (Anja). Thinking it was my mom, I would go to her asking what's wrong and she would tell me she didn't yell my name.

I've had more experiences at my ex's house and other places. Several people have told me I might me a sensitive, which doesn't really scare me but if that is true I'd like to get some help on how to work with that.

Now I'm sorry if my English is a bit bad. I'm Dutch so this isn't my first language. Thank you for reading this and any tips are welcome.

Other hauntings by anjarey

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anjarey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

madhu000mad (1 stories) (3 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
The next time when you see that girl, please offer her a chocolate. And see what happens next. Whether she eats your chocolate or your neck... 😜
SpiritChild7234 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
You do seem to be sensitive to the paranormal. I suggest to try getting your house cleansed. Also I think you should look into what happened to that little girl I think you had a connection with her. Maybe she is still the cause of some of the paranormal things happening to you. Hope I helped! Also if anyone would like to read my story "... That whisper in my ears" and comment I could sure use some feedback.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Hey there! After reading the story and all the comments, I can tell you're sensitive to the paranormal. Nothing to be worried about because that makes you special 😊. Talking of the place you live in, considering the fact that the previous owners didn't face anything, I believe that the spirits are attached to you in some or the other way. Maybe they really want to have your attention LOL. Your fiancee sees things, it is normal. If you want to get rid of these spirits, as mentioned by the members below, I have heard Rook's cleansing method to be really effective so you can try that OR/AND you can consult your respective religious representative to help you with the situation. Always stay strong, don't lose hope. We people on this site are always here to help you. Hope you find a way out of this situation, hope for the best. Narration was clear and good need not worry about that. Thanks.
-Shady
anjarey (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Tank your SDS for your comment,

We are the second owners of the house and we knew the previous owners, no strange things. As far as I know I'm the only one who sees these things in my family, but I also have sensitive friends who have felt things too and my fiancee has seen things. I'm not scared anymore i've learned to live with it and I do talk to them from time to time 😊

I've seen things in other places too like a tree where they used to hang people, my ex boyfriends house and a park where I live close to.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Hello anjarey, I think you have been in this house for nearly 17 years now, ain't it? Then please find out about the history of the house. It would be better. Find out from your parents or long-standing neighbours. Please also find out from your parents and brothers, if they had or having any similar experiences. Try to keep up a journal. As suggested by WishfulNull, you can talk loud and respectfully to the entities to respect your space. I think it would help. I also feel that the dark shadow and the little girl you have seen are two different entities.

I feel you are sensitive to feel paranormal. But hearing the girl screaming for her mother when you were asleep, I think it might also be a recurring dream. I also would like to tell you, please don't be scared. The negative entities feed on your fear and drain away your energies.

But, if you feel that you feel the negative vibes and feel insecure or feel that these are negative energies, as WishfulNull said, Rook has developed a method of cleansing. It works and it would definitely ward off such entities. I give below as to how to perform the Rook's method of cleansing. Please try to do it continuously and if there are negative energies, it would definitely go away. Please keep us posted of developments.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

If it works, give all the credit to Rook.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
anjarey (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Hello Wishfulnull,

Thank you for your help 😁!
Well all the houses are connected and we're on the end of the block so we only have 1 house connecting to ours, at that time there was an elderly couple living there so no kids and it was late at night so no one outside!

Now I moved rooms I don't have that nightmare anymore so I think it was the room or something. We are the second owners of the house so as far as I know nothing strange happened there before we moved in.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Hello Anjarey, Your story of these accounts is very well-written and laid out - no worries! If you are familiar with the site and the members, then you will not be surprised if we ask you a bunch of questions as we work our way through! 😁 It does sound to me that you may be a sensitive, able to more easily pick up on the paranormal things going on around you. The little girl and the dark shadow figure seem like 2 separate entities to me... It may help to ease your mind if you take ownership of your space - speak out loud to the dark shadow, and tell it that this is Your space, that it is not welcome, and to stay away from you, your room, and your door. I am no expert on cleansing rituals myself, but Rookdygin is an experienced & esteemed member of this site, and he has Rook's Cleansing Method on his page. I have also heard that cleaning with & sprinkling salt is purifying, and you could also try a smudging ceremony with sage. I do have one question for you - does the house have any close neighbors, that you may have heard a girl calling for her mom coming from outside the house? Maybe a neighbor had a window open a bit, and you heard? That is the only occurrence that you describe, for which I can think of an alternative explanation. Thank you for sharing, and best wishes to you! 😁
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
Your english was good. No worries there. The little girl screaming for her mom... Kinda intense. Makes you wonder what happened to her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: