You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dreams of Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams of Spirits

 

I don't know whether this is spirits contacting me or what! But I have the weirdest dreams, I dream every night and always remember them in the morning. I have got book after book of dream meanings but never does it tell me what my dreams mean.

I always have dreams about being chased by spirits, or a spirit wanting to show themselves too me. Is this just my wild imagination or are they trying to contact me through my dreams? Sometimes I wake up with the feeling of being watched, the other week my window just smashed and blades of glass went into the garden below! The scary thing was 5 minutes earlier we were all standing out there?

I also believe I have met my guardian angel in my dreams, I don't remember the name but I know it is a young man of around 21 with dark hair and blue eyes. I love that I go into a different world when I'm asleep, and sometimes I prefer to be in that world, but sometimes I wish that I could just block them out and have a restful nights sleep in darkness!

I know this isn't a ghost story as such, but I was wondering whether maybe someone could help me or at least tell me what is going on?

Is there anyone else out there who goes through the same thing I do every night they close their eyes?

Are they dreams?

Other hauntings by wendymneil123

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wendymneil123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cobat (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
i have simalar dreams of weird things I usualy get nightmares every night so I feel ya
1luvbby (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
hi wendy, I just woke up from having yet another weird dream. I've had them ever since I can remember. It always starts off outside. Then I see the complete figure of a spirit asking/ luring me to go inside and help or to experience the phenomenon that's happening. So basically 1ghost is fed up with being under the evil spirits command. So here I go in my dream, casting out the demons, reciting bible scriptures, and stating that "i'm covered by the blood of the lamb. And if god is for me, who can be against me" so here I go casting them to the next realm, whether its heaven or hell. Towards the end I start singing church hymns and by the time I'm done, my surroundings are calm, but the next morning I wake up feeling sick to my stomach. I have a lot of questions too, but my advice to you is, seek answers in the Holy Bible. I'm not sure if I was helpful enough
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Hi wendy I also have dreams of spirits. Am very glad you weren't hurt when the window was smashed whoever did that wasn't really friendly. Try placing a dream catcher above your bed and see how that works for you. Be careful now onto your second story, Katherine.
darkQueen (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
im sure i"ve had dreams like that 😳 but most of the time there's angels lol 😁
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
The same thing has been happening to me, but I was not being chased by a ghost, I was living with one. Freaky eh?
seraphim (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
It's good that you have a dream journal. I'm like you, I have those kinds of dreams very frequently and dream every night.

Definately spirits will try to contact you in your dreams.
My theory is (and I could be wrong) but I was saying to my husband last night that perhaps when we can't see the spirits in the supernatural realm they instead appear to us in our dreams; knowing we can't see them with our physical eyes and so that's a way for them to manifest themselves to us.

You are also at your most vulnerable when you are asleep and they take advantage of that. They are basically like big bullies (the evil spirits)

I have never found dream interpretation books to be helpful either.

I hope you are ok and that no harm will come to you. Thank God you were not hurt when the window smashed.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
spirits and ghosts can contact you in your dreams because when your asleep your mind is open. I see ghosts in real life which came from my dreams. 😊
JimmyO (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
i haven't had dreams about specific spirits to my knowledge, where they revealed themselves to me, but I've had dreams where I became lucid and tried to fly to heaven, but chickened out as the sky became orange and red. But at one point in that dream, I believed that I was in contact with dead people for some reason. I just had this weird feeling when I woke up that they were definitely spirits from the other side.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Hey Wendy, I'm sure almost everybody has had a spirit dream of some sort and my sister told me about one she had recently. She said that she was with my sister and my cousins (Alexandra and Melissa) and that they were being chased by a dark spirit, and that Melissa died in the dream and she when her spirit went with Jesus to heaven or something weird like that. She said she actually saw Jesus scare away the bad spirit, see everyone has these dreams. Well, it could be just a dream or spirits contacting you, I believe 😊
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Hi Wendy, I could be wrong, because you know yourself the best, but Iwanna guess. Is some aspect of your life or of yourself trying to present itself to you? Likely a part you don't want to acknowledge? Also, what are you going to do if you determine that it is a spirit? What do you know about lucid dreaming?
wendymneil123 (7 stories) (24 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Thank you for your comments guys! They have helped but I have had these deep dreams all my life, every since I was very young, ever since I can remember really! Did I have underlined problems then?

I will try remembering to tell them to leave me alone!
Hada (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
There are only 3 kinds of dreams: those from yourself, anxieties, worries, concerns, daily activities, those from God, inspirational, prophetic, dreams of the dead etc... And lastly, those from the devil, nightmares and the kind you are dealing with being chased. In your dream if you can remember, simply tell them to leave you alone. These spirits are not attempting contact or communication, they are already around you. Their only message is that you have some weakness, conflict, trouble or something unsettling in your life, thus their appearance as they attend the dreams of people who are spiritually unsettled. Muster up some faith, patience, kindness etc... And keep the spirits at bay. You never know when a handsome face in a dream becomes demonic.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
wendy hello I like reading what you right thanks a lot for telling it. I do believe that spirit's can come to us in our dream's,they could be away of them showing us they need help or maybe there is some then going on in your life that you are worryed about and they could be showing you things in your dream's that things will be ok. I don't know, but they can come to us in many ways and one is dreaming of them. I hope I told you what you wanted to know.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Wendy, I have always believed the spirit realm tries to communicate with us while we are asleep as this is a time when we are most likely to have our mental defenses down. As far as dream interpration goes, I always believe it is best for the dreamer to find their own meaning in the dreams they have.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: