You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Passing Through?

Real Ghost Stories

Passing Through?

 

In the summer of 2006 me and my family moved from Troy Illinois to Black Diamond Washington. Up until a few months ago I have not experienced any thing out of the ordinary while living in my current home.

About 5 months ago my mom woke me up and told me she had just seen a women's face right in front of hers. She told me she was sleeping and got one of those feelings of being watched and when she rolled over there was a older lady in late 1800s apparel with black hair that was pulled into a bun on the back of her head,

A little history of Black Diamond, it was a coal mining town started in the early to mid 1800s. There have been many deaths associated with mine related accidents. There are mines underneath the whole town and my house just happens to sit underneath one of the mines where a big accident occurred.

Back to the ghost part another recent occurrence was my dad, who sleeps downstairs on the couch, not because he is in the doghouse constantly but because he likes sleeping up right. He is a very heavy sleeper but he woke up to someone or something saying "Brian, Brian, Brian" until he woke up. My mom related this story to me.

Now for my personal feelings and experiences. We have a "playroom" attached to my brothers room and every day before school I go in there and shut and lock the door. Now I am the last person to leave my house in the morning and the first to come home and no one is in the house during the day. Every day when I get home the door is unlocked and wide open, which I find weird and creepy.

Another experience that scared the crap out of me is when I came home and this antique train we have that rolls randomly around and blows steam was going in a perfect circle round and round... The freaky part, there were no batteries in it and when I left it was on a shelf at least 6 1/2 in the air.

And last, when my neighbors son was little he saw a "homeless man" in his room. We all believe he was a miner that was killed. I was just writing this to let everyone have a little sight into my experiences and as I am typing this I am hearing Noises that are not a house settling but weird. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, weber242, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

weber242 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-14)
Sorry, all those random words that don't make sense are auto correct issues.
weber242 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
Also if any one is Interested in the mine accident it was called the lawson mine explosion. 16 men were killed in 1910 and five of the bodies were never recovered. Also one of the men killed has a gravestone in the local cemetery and I took a secession of shots with my camera that showed a orb moving around right above the gravestone.
weber242 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
Sorry about that "underground" comment, I guess I was typing to fast. I live over the mines. Actually yesterday I found my great grandpas door in my dads closet and was wearing it and earlier tonight I saw a Dave powering out from my downstairs shoe closet. That sorta freaked me out.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
The incidents are totally creepy. If I was in your place, I would have kept all the lights in the house on, all the time. I'm such a scaredy cat. LOL. Have you tried taking any help to deal with this situation? Someone who's an expert in such matters? Stay safe. God bless.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Hi weber242, that was a good narration and thanks for sharing the experiences of your mom, dad and yours. As far as your mom's experience is concerned, it would have been quite scary. The train, which is kept 6 1/2 feet above the floor level, how could it fall and that too go round in circles without battery. Mysterious. Well written.

Val, I had the same question in my mind but like Ari I thought it was a genuine mistake. But now that you have clarified that there are underground homes in States, we hope that O/P comes back to answer.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
I'd never come across an Earth Sheltered Home before and it turns out we have them in the UK as well.
Just happens that I came across one that incorporates an old mine as part of the design.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Hi Ari,
I don't know, as they do have some underground homes here. Sometimes they're called Earth sheltered homes. By 'here' I mean the states, not my town. Although we do have people who live down in the tunnels of Chicago - not quite the same thing as a house though.
Sometimes I just get curious about trivial things like that. 😊
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
Dear Val,
I think that's an honest mistake by weber242. A typo which got overlooked. Surely his house cannot be underground, that too under an underground mine!
I am not answering for the O/P here. I hope the O/P comes back and clears this because I am merely voicing me opinion.

Regards
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
Hi weber,
I have a question: you wrote "...my house just happens to sit underneath one of the mines where a big accident occurred." I'm having a hard time picturing this. Did you mean OVER a mine? Or is the mine like on the side of a hill and is literally above your house? It's a small thing, but for some reason not knowing is bugging me 😆I'm just weird that way.
The train part is totally freaky!
mysterious_sunset (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
I can see why you would have experiences such as these when living at a mining place with history of accident, I'm from WA as well and I think now I would like to research the town a little bit. Its pretty interesting stuff you have going on there. Creepy.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
Imagine waking up face to face with someone who should't be there. That's pretty chilling.
I can imagine with it been a mining town it will have a lot of history.

Thank you for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: