You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Passing Through?

Real Ghost Stories

Something Passing Through?

 

I've always believed in ghosts. I've been a fan of learning about them and I find them so interesting. I'd never seen one. I have very high senses on certain things and major deja vu which I believe sometimes could let me pick up things other can't. My mother is also this way! I've lived in my home for years and it's in no way haunted from what I can tell. What I saw though, is something that I'll always, always remember.

I got home from shopping and ran upstairs to grab something. Note that the upstairs was fairly bright. I started to hear a shuffling or like someone is sorting papers in my room. I went in and stopped short. There was a black figure standing at my desk and it turned to look back at me. I ran into my bathroom on the side and when I could breathe I ran downstairs and told my parents, "I think I saw someone upstairs!" In the world today, my parents thought is was a burglary. My dad checked everywhere. Even checked downstairs and there was no one to be found.

I really did see a black figure and the noise it was making was very clear not to be coming from anywhere except my room. For more detail, it was faceless and jet black and when it turned around to look at me, I felt kind of sick to my stomach all of a sudden. For further detail on the sound, it was pretty loud and in my face now that I think about it!

The question I have to ask is: If my house isn't haunted, is it possible that a spirit could have just been passing through? Just there for a little bit and then gone? I know it sounds silly but I've had no further experiences. I'm just curious. Not even scared! I know I have nothing on some other crazy stuff other people have seen, but just please give me your opinion. Thanks for your help, little ghosties.

Other hauntings by VSAngels

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, VSAngels, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
Hey there! The answer to your question is yes! It could've been a spirit passing through. Spirits love attention, so maybe this one chose to have your attention for some reason. However, I would like to know if the things were misplaced in your room. Also, I would like to know if you found any residue of sulphur. Thank you.
-Shady
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Hello VSAngels, I think it is a random paranormal sighting. Because nothing has happened since then, I do not think there is any need to be alarmed or worried about. Sometimes, we do experience such random activity of the paranormal. Nice narration and thanks for sharing. But I want to ask only one question. When you saw the black figure, why you went inside the bathroom and locked yourself instead of running downstairs. Even if it were a burglary, that would have been a safer option. Better be careful in future.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Onomac (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
I disagree with allesgute on getting your house cleansed. You said this hasn't happened again, and even if it did, it doesn't seem like it was a harmful spirit, so it wouldn't really make much of an impact.

I do find it odd that it only happened once though. I'm not sure why a spirit would take the time to shuffle through papers. Like allesgute implied, maybe it just wanted to get your attention.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
On a precautionary note, please get your house cleansed/blessed. Alternately, you can also refer to Rookdygin's cleansing method. He's an experienced and senior writer on this forum. You can find the method on his profile description. Take care and god bless!
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Yes, it's quite possible. I have also had a similar experience when I shifted into a new home. I have written about it on YGS, just hope it gets published:)
Anonymous_Angel (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
Yes, it is completely possible for a spirit to just pass through. I have had it happen to me a lot in my life so far.
Sometimes I think they like to observe and possibly try to get a reaction because not everyone is always open to see/feel them.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
Hi VsAngels, its certainly possible what you saw was just passing through.

You say you heard a noise like shuffling papers and the entity was standing over your desk. Was anything disturbed?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: