You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Scary Experience As A New Bride

Real Ghost Stories

My Scary Experience As A New Bride

 

Dear readers of YGS, first of all, I'm so happy that story submission has been enabled. I will now proceed to narrate my experience that goes back to five years ago when I was a new bride.

I tied the knot on June 9, 2008. At that time, we did not have our own house. We (my husband and I) had taken a 2BHK (2 bedrooms, hall and kitchen) house on rent in a locality called Bavdhan in Pune, Maharashtra, India. Hailing from a joint family, I had absolutely no experience of staying alone. At that time I was not employed too. I was supposed to start working a month later. My husband used to go to work at noon and return by midnight. So I ended up spending the whole day at home alone, with nobody to socialise with. At that time, the area was not much developed and so there were a lot of trees and greenery. The area is also blessed with hills.

Sorry for the long description, but it is necessary for the narrative. So we shifted to the flat on June 18. On entering the house, I did not have any feeling that would point in the direction of the paranormal. I was just feeling a little intimidated of starting a new life, away from family, like any other new bride would.

Cut to the main incident. I don't remember the exact date, but a day or two after shifting, we had a power cut in the evening (load shedding or power cuts are frequent in Pune). Everything was pitch dark. I was in the bedroom at that time. From the bedroom, a long passage connected to the living room. On the way to the living room, there was another bedroom to the left. On reaching the living room, the kitchen is to the left. I was heading to the kitchen through the dark passage when I felt something cold brush past me. This happened for a split second. I got really scared. But somehow, using the light of my cellphone screen, I reached the kitchen, and lit a lamp before the deity I had kept there, in a makeshift puja-ghar.

I felt a little better after that. I also would like to recollect here that we did not do a vaastu-shanti puja before shifting to this place. Just my in-laws, my husband and I said some prayers, kept a photo of our deity there before shifting, that's all.

After this particular incident, nothing happened and we continued to stay there for the next 10 months or so. I would like to ask if there was really anything paranormal or was it my imagination? I can say for sure that I did feel something cold touch me. I was perfectly awake/conscious when this happened. I was not under influence of any medicine or drug. Would appreciate insight on this incident from anybody over here. Thanks a lot!

Other hauntings by allesgute154

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, allesgute154, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Thank you for your suggestion, Dip1904. I shifted from this home long back, and there have been no further such occurrences in my current residence.
ilajenz2 (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-29)
your narrations are always cool and spooky and heart touching
Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
hopefully you didn't have any more experience such as this... For all confusion to be cleared, get a puja done in the home. All the best to you and your family ma'am. God bless.
SHERLOCK-STARK2001 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hi allesgute154, Maybe it was a passing spirit, but thank god it didn't wished to stay there. God bless you. 😊
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
Hi SHERLOCK-STARK2001, thanks for your response. It was definitely not a cold wall. I was wide awake and surely know the difference between a cold wall and something cold and creepy!
SHERLOCK-STARK2001 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Hi allesgute 154. You mentioned the passage was narrow and it was a hilly area, so definitely it might be cold to. You also mentioned that something cold brushed off your left hand. So in my opinion you might have brushed your hand against the cold wall. Nothing else. Dont worry about anything.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Hello again! Thank you for the reply. Spirits require a purpose to attach to a particular place or person. Fortunately in your situation, this wasn't the case lol. You and your husband being a nerve ball is a different thing so you don't have to worry about that! 😊
-Shady
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
hello alesgute154... Thankz for yur reply... 😁... I would appreciate it...
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Yes Sonty, I remember posting my experience on your post. Thanks for writing. I feel everybody on this site has been very encouraging for newbies like me 😁
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Dear maggirockz13, you need not say sorry again and again. I can totally understand why you didn't want to share the exact location of that building. I'm glad you liked my narration. Thank you 😁
Sonty (1 stories) (29 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Hi allesgute154,

I don't know if you remember me. I had a similar but little more horrifying experience which I had shared in my story. And if I am not mistaken you have shared the same incident there as well. I don't think you have spooked yourself. I feel this because my own experience was some what similar to yours.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
hello alesgute154... Very nice story through... I like it... It was very scary I can say... And you have read my story... I would like to say sorry... For not giving the address...
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
Shady4u, when we had just shifted to this house, we were a bundle of nerves as we have never stayed away from our respective families. I think the passing spirit must have enjoyed this nervous energy, but thankfully didn't decide to stay!
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
Hey there! Scary story really! Happened to me a lot of times but I have always been able to shrug it off. After reading the comments, well I don't really have a 100% conclusion but I think it can be a spirit passing through. Spirits love attention and this one for some reason, chose to have yours. Its good to know you have experienced nothing after that 😊. Be blessed. Thank you.
-Shady
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
Thanks paigeyboo, glad to know I'm not the only one targeted by passing ghosts!
paigeyboo (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
i had the same experience in my old house a few years back I just thought it was my imagination
😲
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Thanks SDS. If indeed it was a passing entity, I'm glad it just took a passing interest in the new bride. I shudder to even think what would have happened had it decided otherwise!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Hello allesgute154, I feel that it could be that an entity was passing through randomly and now that you answered the windows were closed, that could be the only explanation because you said that something cold brushed past you. I say random passing through because nothing happened after the incident.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Miracles51031 and Val, I agree with both of you. I'd like to mention here that our first day at that house gave both me and my husband the heebie-jeebies. I'm not pinning it onto something paranormal. We were just scared kiddies. But this particular incident, I still cannot put a finger on one thing -- was it my fear-induced imagination or a passing entity? I did feel a cold touch, only on my left arm. Nowhere else. And it never happened again. Maybe you guys are right, I might never know why. Thanks for your responses though 😁
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
allesgute,
No one can ever be 100% sure if what you experienced was paranormal, but it sure as heck is unexplained. A passing entity is possible. Maybe someone just checking out the new bride, or just curious. And of course you might have just spooked yourself. Like Miracles says, sometimes all we have is our gut instinct.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
allesgute - there have been many cases of entities who just pass thru. I've experienced them myself. This may very well be something you'll never know the answer to.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Logan, thanks for understanding. As I mentioned earlier, I was not used to staying alone then.

Miracles51031, all windows in that house used to be mostly shut after sunset due to the mosquito menace. So, unless there was a passing entity or something, I guess it was just my fear. But whatever it was, it was creepy.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
allesgute your most welcome:)

I would be screaming the roof down if I was alone with my very creative mind in the dark, trust me I get how scared you must have been.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
allesgute - my first instinct would be to ask the obvious questions. Were there any windows open that could have stirred the air as you were walking? Where did you feel the cold air? Was it centralized on just one part of your body?

I agree with Logan that you could have spooked yourself because it is easily done. And I'm sure you've gone through the questions in your own mind and satisfied yourself with the answers. Sometimes the only thing we can go on is our gut instinct. Not much help here, I'm afraid 😊
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Thanks for the response Logan. Maybe I did. But I was really scared for sure.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
If you had no other experiences in that house then I am inclined to say your nervous got the better of you. Since there is not much to work with here, I am going to say you spooked yourself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: