You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is It Trying to Tell Me Something?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Trying to Tell Me Something?

 

I moved into an old house about 5 months ago, it was pretty damaged and the walls needed to get painted and all, it seemed so abandoned but I always love a challenge so I decided to take it and see if I could turn it into what I had visualized - a beautiful home for me and my boyfriend.

The first few nights we could hear footsteps and doors being slammed from day one! Every night my boyfriend kept waking me up to ask me if I could hear someone in the house, I would remain silent and could hear movement, especially coming from the spare bedroom, with time we both got used to it and stopped talking about it...

One day, we decided to go out of town for the day, we packed, locked the doors and windows and left, when we returned after about 7-8 hours the front door was wide open! It hadn't been violated or anything and nothing was missing from the house, we found that extremely strange but soon we forgot about the incident.

One of the girls I work with was at my house during the same week that that happened and we were sitting outside in the garden when she freaked out and said she saw a white figure pass by real fast in front of her eyes and confessed it wasn't the 1st time she'd seen it there, I believed her and after a few days I saw it too, standing behind another friend of mine who is also a believer and whenever she's around spirits, her eyes get watery. It was about a head taller than me and my friend and transparent and whitish, we felt him in the room for a while then he left us alone.

My boyfriend doesn't really believe in ghosts but I do because I've seen and dealt with plenty in my life since I was a kid, he says he believes my stories but he doesn't like getting deep into them.

A couple of weeks ago, my boyfriend was asleep, me and my friend Marianne were sitting in the small living room talking when all of a sudden we heard a door slam, running shower for a few seconds and the smell of deodorant had covered the whole house! Marianne said, my boyfriend must have been taking a shower, so I got up to check, there was nobody in the bathroom, so I went to the bedroom and tuned on the light, my boyfriend was asleep, I woke him up and asked him if he'd taken a shower or sprayed deodorant he swore he didn't and turned the other side to continue with his sleep, I went back to my friend and told her, she said I should check again, so I did, came back to sit on the couch and started hearing the sound of deodorant being sprayed, a fffshhhhh sound over and over and over again, it had gone up to my throat! I got up again and this time went to the spare bedroom that we have, the light was on, it was really misty and the smell was even more intense in there! I freaked out which is very unusual for me and decided to get the paper and search for a new home, I figured the spirit didn't want me there... My friend left and I sat in bed circling ads, at some point I got up and went to the bathroom when I got back my pen was broken! Was he/she trying to tell me not to move out?

I still feel a presence there but I don't see it anymore... What does everyone think? Do I have an earthbound ghost in my house?

Other hauntings by Melissa

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melissa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

midnightprincess (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
I think the ghost had fallin in love with you therefore the shower and deoderent and broken pen ❤ It diddnt want you to leave thanks for sharing your experience 😊
silverskyline (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
did you know that when you see white shadows it's normally a good thing? Dark shadows are bad and light shadows are good. Now whatever is in your house is definently trying to tell you something... But in order for it to tell you it's important that you seek it out. I am no expert (haha) but I seriously think that whoever this ghost is... It really wants and/or needs your help. Oh and hi I'm lauren by the way.:)
janeNana (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
hello there. Didn't have the time to read all the comments so I don't know if somebody else mention what I am about to say.
since I don't know too much for the ghost I am only going to say that. Maybe the ghost exept from the thing that he likes everything to be clean and smell good that maybe in old days the bathroom was in the other room.
And you know that ghost like to play with us:) maybe that's why she sense that you are leaving her and she broke your pen so you will see that she just like playing around and she didn't wanted to scare you.
Melissa (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
I have tried talking to it, I've told it that it should move on into the light, that this is the wrong place for him and that he shouldn't be here, the only reaction I had was the light twitching and moving. So I told him that I am not the one that can help if he needs something and then he started taping the window, the glass that is, but when I turned to look, nothing was there, I usually see him when he taps on the window but not the other night. Maybe he cannot materialize anymore, I 'm not sure. But I feel a lot calmer in my house, maybe this ghost story is finally over... Can't wait for the next one
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
Hi Mellissa! I agree with you, the landlady knows a little more than she's letting on, I think she gives that away when she's so concerned about the housecleaning. Maybe since things are happening next door, it is something to do with the land itself?
Ebdonoianjr (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
Hey, didn't Hada say "jinn are beings created from smokeless fire who reside in abandoned, deserted homes, dirty places, bathrooms," Maybe the activity has decreased because your keeping it clean. Have you tried telling the spirits or whatever it is to move on? Maybe that will help too. Thanks for sharing your story and I hope I've been a help to you.
Melissa (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
I spoke to the landlady, and I found out that the next door house belongs to her too, but she hasn't been able to sell it or rent it out aparently due to electrical problems that she can't seem to be able to fix? Hmmmmmm, suspicious ha? Anyways she really avoides my questions, avoids coming to the house, I have to meet her out elsewhere to pay my rent to her and she always asks if I'm keeping it clean, the truth is I hadn't had the time to keep it clean and tidy, but lately I've started to and the paranormal activity has decreased... Do you think the cleanliness and tidyness have anything to do with the ghost/s? Maybe they like it that way?
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-03)
Mellissa, what did you find out? Let us know soon, okay? I hope things are going well. 😉
Melissa (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-01)
Thanks for your comments everyone, holly shiat belissima is right, if I had moved into its bedroom I WOULD be telling a scarier story hahahaha! Good thing I'm allergic to fitted carpets then 😁 ! The first time I went to see the house, I had picked the spare bedroom to be my room, but then I realized it was carpeted! I've decided to ask my landlady today about the history of the house, I'll let you guys know soon! Bye Bye x
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
i would talk to 'him'. Let him know you live there now, you mean no harm and he should cross over and be at peace. Something is keping 'him' there. You may never know the source, but a few kind but heart felt and determined sentences may help.

hey, it is worth a shot, right?
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Mellissa, you're one brave girl! Maybe the ghost is getting used to you now? I think you might be lucky that the spirit is in the spare room and not yours. You might be telling a different, scarier, story if you had totally invaded his space by not only moving into his house but taking over his bedroom too! 😉
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Wow.Nice story but I wouldn't want to be in your place 😜.I agree with shane that you should help the ghost cross over. But to tell you the truth it is very hard to live with a good ghost and a bad ghost. Ghost are not pets that you can get used to. I hope that some how the ghost crossed over. SEE YOU LATER EVERYBODY!
Hada (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Melissa, there was already a resident jinn living in your house prior to your coming. You are the guest. The jinn are beings created from smokeless fire who reside in abandoned, deserted homes, dirty places, bathrooms, cemetaries etc... You say the home had been deserted. Like I said it already had a resident. The Jinn means " those who are hidden ..." You might be able to see him if it s/he materializes. They can take on any form. They can move at superhuman speeds My recommendation is to say God's name in the house often. For further reading, I recommend the following:

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=Jinn
Melissa (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Wow, it feels so good to tell people your stories and them not thinking that your actually crazy and imagining things. Thanks for the support everyone. I've noticed that whenever I talk about him he always somehow does something to show he's there, either scares my friends by appearing to them or makes a noise but everybody who comes over is getting used to the idea that something is there!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
I don't think you have anything to fear. This doesn't sound like a bad spirit, just one who was probably use to being left alone. That is until you moved in, now he more than likely enjoys your presence. But you should really try and help this spirit to move on. Using what ever method your belief system allows. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
meg (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
I have just submitted a story similar to yours. Things here don't happen every day that I am aware of, but I can smell perfume in places where there shouldnt be. I don't think its anything to be afraid of, but keep strong and don't let it make you move out of your house. Maybe it is showing off to you and wants to please you by smelling nice!
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Wow. Very interesting. There are some ghost that don't even know that they are dead. They cannot see the living , they just live the last few moments of there life ovr and over again. This may be the case. If its bothering you then yes you should move before it notices you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: