You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black And White Hooded Figures

Real Ghost Stories

Black And White Hooded Figures

 

I have only ever had two experiences with these hooded figures and both of these occurred when I was a child.

The first hooded figure which appeared to me was black. I abruptly woke up around 7 o'clock in the morning and instinctively jumped up from my bed to see this black robed figure standing by my door just staring at me. It didn't move and it didn't say anything... It just stood there staring at me. I was so scared but I didn't scream or run away. I just thought to myself "Go back to sleep! If you go back to sleep it will disappear!" So that is exactly what I did and when I woke up it was gone.

A few months later it happened again. This time I was sleeping with my older sister in her bedroom. Again, I abruptly woke up early in the morning and again I instinctively jolted up. But this time I saw a white hooded figure in my sisters doorway just standing there staring at me. I wasn't as scared this time. Again, it didn't move or say anything... It just stood there. We stared at each other for a while and then I went back to sleep and when I woke up it was gone.

I don't feel like they were malevolent beings. I feel like they were trying to give me a message and trying to help me. I think that the colours black and white and the order that they appeared to me are very significant. These experiences have really affected me but not for the worst. When I think about it too much I do cry... But it's not because I'm scared I'll see them again...I've never told anyone before and it is quite hard to deal with.

I've read lots of other stories and lots of people talk about black hooded malicious beings. But the hooded figures that appeared to me weren't like that. It would be nice to know if anyone else has experienced something like this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanson123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

simon155 (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Yes. Both the black and the white:)

I can't say for sure what are facts, or if any of it was real or a trick of the mind and some weird coincidences.

Admittedly (no shame in it) both types scared me at first. The white one didn't hang around sadly, but the black ones did.

The last white I saw happened in the middle of the night (they usually do. No idea why, but I seem to manage in low light better than average). I saw it stood by the door. Gave me such a start (lol) with my heart still racing I said "what the hell?" rather loudly and shoved my wife to wake her. Just as she was getting up the figure turned, stepped forward and faded out of sight. We found out the next morning her uncle, who she was very close to had died in the night. We had no idea he was even ill: (

The blacks are a different matter. They seemed "charged" and made the air tingle. I kind of interpreted that as a sense of "evil" or "menace" moving in at first (I was a kid), although on that very first encounter, after shoving my head under my blanket in fear, it struck me (physics fan) that the tingling may be polarised static and they may not be evil. I then felt pity for them, seeing as that's the impression they created. I shifted the blanket and things got VERY different.

Weird is one way of putting it. This is part of the reason I never convinced myself it was real, and must be a dream. I moved down the corridor of my house rapidly, but saw a dark corridor with weird looking creatures at the same time. Coming out the front door, outside everything looked crystal clear and vivid in the moonlight. I looked up at the sky, at a star, then it all warped. It's like there was no distance between here and a cavern there. Every "point" in my body was part of a sheet not a single point, but there wasn't any real distance between here and there. Like being in both places at once, and with a rush I was just there, for a few fleeting moments. The shadows no longer appeared as shadows, but as childlike figures. Big heads, beautiful huge eyes with extra irisis. No hair or noses. Angelic children hehe. That's the impression I got, and that I was welcomed as they would love a father in a sense, but I was just a kid.

Weird I know, but the bottom line is that even if any of it is real, appearances and your first impressions may not be right. Fear nothing. If you fear death, accept it as inevitable. Embrace all and all should be clear and good in time.
touyanakasone (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
I was quite shocked when reading this, as it greatly reminded me of the first house I lived in. Ever since I can remember, up until when I moved out of that house (At 15-odd years old), I saw similar hooded, shaded figures. The only features I could make out were that these figures were human in shape, and seemed to wear some form of hooded robe. It's a little difficult to describe, but rather than having walls and a door for my room, I just had a curtain to shelter my room's privacy from the hallway. I would see this figure walk into my view from out of the curtain, then it would halt, turn its head to face me, and either stare me down until I forced myself to sleep again, or it would occasionally stop staring and walk forward, behind the curtain. The figure never seemed to do anything malevolent, but the presence was certainly enough to send me into temporary fear-induced paralysis. The figure was also very vivid. Very real. I have told a few friends about it, and they all dismissed it. One said "Perhaps it was one of your parents just checking in on you." which comforted me for a while, before I remembered that I would still see the figure if my parents were out of town overnight. Additionally, I never had any babysitter or anything of that kind.
As I said, it certainly didn't seem to be a particularly bad entity, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't scared.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-28)
Hello again, thank you for the reply. Well I to believe that at the age of 11/12, children gain most of their senses, so I believe what you have seen was indeed out of the ordinary. You were indeed very lucky to see these figures and even luckier, since it affected your life for good 😁. Keep posting.
Hanson123 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-28)
I was 11/12 when it happened. If I was younger when it happened I would question if it was real or not... But it felt so real both times. I don't think it was just my imagination or a dream.
And no I have not seen them since.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
Hey there! I would like to know how old were you when you saw those figures. If you were really small, I guess it was something people call 'active imagination of children'. Have you seen these figures after these incidents? Good to know that you're not scared and you're an optimist about this. Good story. Thanks.
-Shady
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-27)
I've astral traveled with one in black. Azrael. He is actually very kind and in at least one instance, saved me (that's another story). I've seen one in red once. A week before, i'd hit my head on concrete steps (slid on ice at the top and hit my head at least three times). When the incident occurred, we were getting into my aunt and uncle's van after the funeral of one of my cousins. I was still having headaches and was extra tired and sore, so I got comfortable in the back. The second I shut my eyes, I saw a figure in a red hood. I knew it was one who works under Azrael. In my mind I said something like "What do you think you're doing?" in a demanding tone and he left. Reminded me of an errant child who just got in trouble. Lol. But yeah, they aren't bad in my experience either. Nice to hear from someone else who's not afraid of them. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: