You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man At My Aunty's House

Real Ghost Stories

The Man At My Aunty's House

 

When I was 10 years old, my parents moved my little brother and I to a station in Western Australia. My Aunty and Uncle already lived there and we were keen to live in wide open spaces as opposed to living in suburbia as I had done for my whole life. The station was 4 million acres and 800kms north west of Broome, so extremely remote, being 400kms from the nearest hospital we were told to be very careful when exploring due to the King Brown Snakes and spiders that lived around.

One day my Father was bitten by a mosquito and contracted the Ross River virus. He was rushed to Broome and my little brother and I stayed with my Aunt and Uncle for about a week.

Walking back from the shed one day I had to walk past the old station house (which is abandoned) in order to get to my Aunt and Uncle's house, with my Blue Heeler (Diesel) beside me. I was stirring him up and he was barking and running around me. He got a couple of meters in front of me and stopped dead still and began growling deep in his throat. At first I thought there was a King Brown as they often try to warn humans before attacking the snakes. Upon inspection I found no snake nor any tracks.

I continued walking but Diesel wouldn't move, his head was pointed at the ground ears pinned back and a low growl. I stroked his head and said his name. After about 30 seconds, his ears pricked up and his eyes and head moved towards the old station house roof. I followed his line of sight and that was when I saw it.

A figure of a man on all fours on the roof, completely black, swaying moving his head from side to side. (It was dusk, so features weren't clear but this sure as hell wasn't a shadow.) I froze dead still and watched as it continued to sway and rock. It did this for a good 30 seconds, then lifted its head. Although I couldn't see its eyes I felt it looking at me. I was standing in the same spot and breathing heavily. It then stopped swaying and Diesel began barking. His barking startled me and I looked down at him, when I looked back up it was gone. I was absolutely terrified, but couldn't bring myself to tell anyone as they would think I was mad.

I've since moved to Darwin and don't tell many people. If it wasn't for Diesel I would never have seen the strange man... Sometimes I wonder which would have been better...

Other hauntings by AussieChick95

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieChick95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

biolizard987 (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
That is scary. I would scream if I saw that. I wonder what he wants. You are not mad. Some people think ghosts are real. Somebody I know think that ghosts are not real.
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
Thank you for all the comments, due to it being located on Aboriginal land there are lots of stories and after researching and face-booking some of the people who I had met there, I believe that the most logical explanation is one of the less common stories among the locals: Apparently during WW2 the station was used as a back up fuel storage for military aircraft, and in the old shed they used to store 44 gallon drums in there. One day an elder went into the shed with the intention of stealing fuel, anyway something happened to cause a fire and it blew the shed up burning the man alive...
I'm unsure whether or not this is the man in which I saw but maybe because he was pure black it might have been because he was burnt alive? Not too sure... Thanks for your help guys! 😁
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
What an interesting and frightening story, you were lucky to have your dog at that moment. Its difficult to tell wether this entity was evil because it wasn't aggressive or maybe it was more afraid of the dog than anything. You mentioned that the aboriginal community don't like talking about deaths and bad pasts, but what about legends. If this thing is evil than it might be related to a legend and not people's deaths or miseries. You were very brave indeed.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
Sure looks like an evil entity. I'm glad you got out of there in one piece. Stay safe, God bless.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-28)
Very interesting story here, AussieChick95. Sounds terrifying, I sure as hell wouldn't of stood so still. But, I guess shook makes you do strange things. Do some research on the area. Or, maybe research local aboriginal legends in that area, they may be of some help as to figure out what you saw.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-28)
Hey there! Your story was so amazing, I don't know where to start with 😜. Well to begin with, you were really brave to stand your ground until the thing was completely gone. You're also fortunate that you had Diesel with you, blue heeler is indeed a clever breed. However, your dog growling at the ground first has grabbed my attention. Perhaps the thing dwells under the surface and comes out at regular intervals? Possibly a demon or maybe someone was buried there! But since that thing was on his four, I think demon is the right answer since I have never heard a spirit appear in such a way unless it has possessed someone but still, can't be 100% sure. Anyways, your story was amazing like I said above. Thank you for such a wonderful story. Be blessed.
-Shady
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
Thanks for commenting, I tried looking into the history of the station but didn't find anything that could explain this. No I haven't seen it since (been too scared of looking towards that house ha-ha) , and I did speak to them and they said that it could have been something related to the nearby aboriginal community, and if it was then I wouldn't be able to find out as they don't like talking about deaths and bad pasts. Thanks for saying I'm Brave, I truly believe it was because of Diesel, I really feel safe with him:)
Groovieghoulie (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Interesting story. Have you looked into the history of the station? I'm wondering if perhaps what you saw was a demon of a sort? Dogs are smart, and they see things that we cannot. I wonder if Diesel, saw this thing coming up out of the ground and then startled it up on the roof? Course if it looked like you say, I wouldn't think it would be afraid of anything human or doggie... Have you seen it again? Questioned your Aunt and Uncle about the background to the land and or buildings? By the way you are a lot braver than I would have been... I would have grabbed Diesel and hauled tail outta there...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: