You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Camping On The North Shore

Real Ghost Stories

Camping On The North Shore

 

I am livinit2's daughter. My story happened while camping on the North Shore of Lake Superior with my Girl Scout troop last year. The camp we were staying at wasn't a bad camp, it was actually very nice. I don't remember the name of it though. There were three camp grounds in the camp, the one the farthest back being the largest. Since we had a big troop, that was the one we were staying at. At dinner, the troop was split into two groups, I being the leader of one. So, it was my job to get a fire going. I sent two of the girls to go get firewood while I cleaned up the fire place and looked for the matches. When I looked over to see if the girls had gotten any firewood, I saw four hikers walking towards camp, then vanish. Knowing that it was probably just my imagination, I shook it off.

It was getting dark and one of the girls had to go to the bathroom so my friend and I went with her. The porta-potty thing was where you first drove into the camp so we had to walk about five minutes to get there. She went in, and we waited outside for her to get done. Ten minutes later she was still in there and we just heard something making noises in the woods so we were about to tell her to hurry up when the bathroom door burst open and her face was pale white. We asked her what was wrong and she said that there was a green light in the bottom of the toilet. We told her this wasn't the time to be messing around but she looked so scared that we decided to take a look. Sure enough, there was a strange green light in the bottom of the toilet. We ran back to the camp and explained what happened but hardly anyone believed us. But little did we know they soon would believe what we saw.

Just when we were getting ready for bed a girl outside our tent said, "Oh my God come quick!". We came out and looked at her to see what was going on and everyone was pointing at something in a tree. We looked up and what I saw startled me. In that tree, was the strangest thing I ever saw. A cloaked figure about two and a half feet tall was sitting in the tree. We all ran elsewhere not caring where we went just away from what our eyes saw. We came back twenty minutes later and went to bed. I will never forget that trip.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, livinit2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

livinit2 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
allesgute154: Thanks for the help! I didn't know that that bodies of water were the best places to find spirits.

Shady4u: Thanks for the super nice comment. It was a very thrilling experience and at the time my heart was in my throat. 😆
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
Hey there! I believe those can be the the spirits of the hikers who must've died there since they couldn't find a way out or by animals or whatever reason as such. I assure the four ghost hikers you saw didn't mean any harm to you, can't tell about the one on the tree. Your story was amazing to read, must've been an thrilling and awesome experience 😁. Be blessed. Thank you.
-Shady
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
I think water bodies are the best places for spirits and entities to lurk about. I agree with ghosthunter9876's opinion too. Stay safe and avoid going to such places after dusk.
livinit2 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
Ghosthunter9876: thanks for the advice! I appreciate a lot!
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
Those hikers could be ghosts of some people who may have died at that lake at some point of time earlier and that cloaked figure can't be the grim reaper because he is believed to be around 10 feet tall and carrying a scythe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: