You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Old Lady

 

So basically this is my story. When my parents first got divorced and my dad met my stepmom, they all encouraged me to spend the weekend at her parents' house to get to know everyone. So I agreed, thinking it be very fun. In a way it was. In other ways, sort of wasn't. I always believed in ghosts, hoping maybe, just maybe I'd meet one some day.

Okay, so I had to sleep in the living room one night, and I couldn't sleep I felt like someone was there and I looked over and saw this old lady staring at me. And she stuck a finger to her lips and said, "shh," then she vanished.

The next morning I asked my stepmom and it turns out the family living there before had played with a Ouija board, and my stepmom has seen all kinds of people since. The next night I was standing in the bathroom fixing up my hair when a random paper clip falls to the ground. I tried to brush it off but I had a feeling someone was there.

Later that night when I was about to go to sleep I heard a man's voice in the living room where I was sleeping again. It couldn't be my dad or my step-grandfather because they were all asleep and the voice was close to my ear.

There hasn't been much else that has happened although I have seen the lady repeatedly throughout my stays. I have accepted knowing I will always be seeing her there.

If you would like a description of the lady, she was seen wearing a long red dress, and you couldn't make out her face that well. But I do know for sure it was not a dream, especially when you see her every time you visit.

Thank you for reading my story and I would love to read yours, and of course I will post lots more whenever I have another encounter.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gravyardzombiequeen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gravyardzombiequeen (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-29)
[at] Shady4u I apologize for not getting back to you sooner! Do you think it was maybe a blueish grey colour? That is a possibility, hope it helps!:)
RevenantSyndicate (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
Hello, there!

Thank you for sharing your story with us! You mentioned that the previous owners of the house used a Ouija board and that is why the ghosts are there. That theory is entirely possible as Ouija boards open doors that can't always be closed. That is what makes them so dangerous. However, from your story, the ghosts seem to be non-menacing and aren't causing any problems, so you should just leave them be. After all, it's their house too right?

I would love to hear of more of your experiences, and if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Feel free to send us an email at RevenantSyndicate [at] Live.com

We'd love to hear from you!

-Amzi
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
Hi gravyardzombiequeen, welcome to YGS. I feel it could be residual. But, I have a doubt. Your stepmom said that since the family that stayed there played Ouija, your stepmom started seeing things there. I want to ask if your stepmom's family let out the house or a portion of it. Because if they were staying prior to your stepmom, then how she would have known that they played Ouija. If they were living in a portion of the house, it could be a possibility. But did you describe the old lady to your stepmom? You said that she started seeing things in the house, what were they besides the old lady? It is also better to find out the background of it, history of the house. I still have my doubt if it could be related to Ouija. I could be wrong. I still feel it could be residual.

Please keep us informed if you had done any investigation.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
I live in oregon and I think it was in 2002 maybe 2003 I went to the heceta head lighthouse since I like paranormal stuff well we went to the tour and if I recall I think I opened one of the rooms and saw a blueshadow I read that the heceta head ghost is gray I do not know if I imagined it or not but what do you think I am very sure this was not a dream.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
Hey there! I would like to know if your Step-Mom has had any such paranormal experiences in that house before playing with Ouija. If yes, it is possibly a resident spirit like SmokenMirrors mentioned and if not, then the credit goes to Ouija. One thing I can say for sure is even though this spirit likes to hang around in the house, it doesn't want its presence to be felt for some reason I can't tell. You can even have a deep survey about the history of the house, it will be more helpful. This may sound silly, but I like your username LOL. Keep posting. Thanks.
-Shady
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
This is quite interesting. You must be brave because I would not be going back there if I saw an old lady ghost every time I went. Maybe the old lady used to live in the house and just wants to keep hanging around. I see you had mentioned the ouija board, but she seems like a resident spirit, like smokenmirrors said.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
Firstly welcome to YGS, and thank you for sharing.

Sounds to me like the women in the red dress is a resident spirit, and had no intention of frightening you hence the "Shh" motion.
Did your Step-Mom recognise the description of her?

I look forward to reading about any other encounters you might have.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: