You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Abraham Lincoln

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Abraham Lincoln

 

I will always remember this night for the rest of my life. I must of been around 7 years old. This night I woke up hearing footsteps in the kitchen.

The kitchen was the next room to my bedroom. We had a huge kitchen. It was a square and on one side of the kitchen was my brother's room as well. Across from my brother's doorway, still in the kitchen, was a hallway that lead to the living room. From there was my sis's room and my parents' room, same square set up as the kitchen! Our apartment was huge it used to be the apartment building's basement. The huge wall in the middle separated our huge kitchen from our huge living room. Our bathroom was across the doorway of my parents room. It was a pretty nice and roomy apartment for the 5 of us.

I kept hearing footsteps that sounded patient, gentleman's attire shoes. It made that distinct tapping sound. At first I thought my dad was up just walking around. I began to rationalize this and decided it must of not been him. First of all, he doesn't own shoes that make that sound on the kitchen floor and why would he be pacing in the middle of the night? He is not the type to try to wake us up if we were asleep!

The footsteps were normal steps, no rush, just back and forth. Continual back and forth pacing from one side of our kitchen table, where my brother's room was, to the other side of the kitchen table where my bedroom door was. I always slept with door wide open in that apartment. The only time I had it closed was during the day when I wanted privacy.

So once I realized it wasn't my dad, or anyone else in my family, I realized it must of been someone else... Then I started to get scared So, as I was listening to the pacing, I was getting more and more scared. My heart was racing, I was very curious as to who it was! I could not go back to sleep but I thought the best thing to do was turn towards the wall and try to go back to sleep.

I did end up falling asleep. I must of woke up 5 or so minutes later because it was still the same darkness of night. I rolled over and faced my bedroom doorway. I opened my eyes and there in front of my doorway was a real man. I say real man because he didn't look like a spirit, or a ghost. He looked real as you and I. He was just standing there looking at me. He was relaxed and not scared of me. I sensed from him like he thought he had the right to witness me, like he wanted to wake me up by pacing on the floor, like he wanted me to see him. He wore a top hat, a suit and looked like a very highly intelligent, most respected man of the 19th century. He looked just like Abraham Lincoln!

Why was he standing there just staring at me? I was so scared I hurried up and pulled my blankets over my head. I remember breathing really heavy and sweating and so scared! I wanted the morning to hurry and be there at that very second. I finally got the nerve to pull the covers down. I just couldn't breath any more! He was gone. Till this day I will always remember that night!

I have also seen another "person" in a different apartment that my family lived in before I saw Abraham Lincoln. In the same town.

I woke up in the late hours of the night, unusual for me, to find this tall, pale, dark haired man looking out our bedroom's window. We lived on the fifth floor. You could see into the main road from the direction he was looking. He was looking down as if looking into my neighbor's home.

I did the same thing, pulled the covers over my head. But this time I seemed to have more courage, even though this was my first experience. When I did take the covers off, I noticed he was staring at my sister! This second glimpse of him scared me even more because he was staring at her neck. He was looking down on her and her neck was exposed. I was so angry at him for staring at her. He did look like a vampire as well... He was wearing the whole Hollywood attire. Sounds strange, you probably think I'm a nut, but he wore a cape! He had the dark black hair, handsome looks, thin build and he seemed nice, not malicious or angry. I was mad at him for being there and invading my space. I wanted to protect my sister so I ran into her bed and pulled her covers over the both of us. She slept right through the whole thing. I didn't want to wake her either. She would of felt the same anxiety and fear I was feeling. I did end up pulling the covers down. I really don't remember the time frame. And he was gone.

I told my mother about it that morning. She insists that she saw the same man walking toward our front door on his way out! She says she sat right up in bed and mentally told him to get the fn' out, excuse my french, but he apparently made her very angry with him for being there as well!

That was also the same apartment where I woke up in the night and was stretching from sleeping and my ears were in the stretch mode over my head, with my head hanging off the side of the bed, and at that moment of my waking I heard my name being called. Just once. I immediately opened my eyes, and there was no one. A man's voice called my name! I wanted to know who it was, and what he wanted.

My brother also has told me of his encounters with nightly happenings as well. He has had more than I. He woke up in this same apartment at night with a man coming out of the floor boards right in front of his bed with glowing eyes...creepy! I think I would of had a heart attack right then and there!

My sister is the lucky one in the family who never witnessed anything unusual, and she is the baby in the family, so maybe that's a good thing!

Thank you for reading. I just wanted this out because I really think there are people who we can't see on this earth. And if anyone has had some experience closer to mine, I hope reading my experiences makes you feel better, and no, you are not crazy!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unsure32, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ozzi12 (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-07)
yo I feel that you are a person who was given this gift of seeing this kind of stuff. I'm pretty sure you and your family won't get harmed
ParkAvenue2 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-25)
I have seen the same Abraham Lincoln-looking ghost. He was just standing in my doorway staring at me.
unsure32 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-13)
I'll read your story, sorry didn't realize you had posted it! I'll give you some feedback!
unsure32 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-13)
😲 A traveling ghost, ummm, interresting! Did you feel scared when you saw him? Do you have a story about him in the website? I want to understand if our feelings mesh or not when you saw the caped man:)
Skeptic_not_Sceptic (19 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
Sorry, but the repeated grammatical errors really detracted from the story. It's not "must of" or "would of", it's "must have" and "would have". I can overlook one or two errors, and more if English is not the writer's primary language, but this error was repeated six times in this story. Other than that, it was a nice story.
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
My story has finally been published! Check it out, it's The Man In The Tailcoat. My man was exactly like this story described so maybe it's a travelling ghost that was just passing through because those are very common.
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-09)
Not really unsure32 but thanks. Would you like to email me at charlyford1407 [at] gmail.com? This site is getting full and won't publish my story but I'll email it to you if you want. Thanks! -Charly.
MyLiliMarlene (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-09)
You are very welcome! Its a great story no matter! If he was a vampire or not! 😁
unsure32 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-09)
CharyWiththePoltergist, please tell me your abraham lincoln story, I would love to hear, I did recently read a book that said that abraham lincoln was a new world order helper... Does that mean anything to you?
unsure32 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-09)
Ya, the whole cape thing threw me off, I had no idea that men actually wore those things! Amazing insight to my story. My sister is not a blooodsucker's victim. I hope, anyways thanks for letting me know that that is fashion of the opera Mylilimarlene...
MyLiliMarlene (9 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-08)
I could see how you thought it was a vampire. However, men in the 19th Century wore capes when they were wearing formal attire. They wore capes to go to the opera and so forth. Perhaps since you saw the cape and he was looking at your sister, you assumed it was her neck he was looking at? Anyway, amazing experience!
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
Omg! My ghost was exactly like you described the Abraham Lincon ghost! I have tried to post a story about it but it hasn't come through yet! Thanks for sharing!
unsure32 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
i didn't hear the footsteps every night, just that one night, I believe my brother heared the footsteps too, but he didn't see the ghost. Both apartments that I lived in where pretty much built for apartments. The apartment that I heared the footsteps in was a victorian style type of apartment, had an inside stairway that was probably renavated in the 60's.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
Hey there! That was an amazing story but I do have sone questions:
1. Were you the only one to hear footsteps every night?
2. Did you see Abe's look alike after that incident? (I say look alike because I believe he was a fan of Abraham Lincoln or maybe had a dressing style like him)
3. Did you try digging out some information about your apartment?
That is about it, hoping a reply soon 😊 Amazing story again, thank you.
-Shady
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
unsure32: The sound of foot steps can freak you out the first time you hear it 😆. That's a lot of activity. Can you describe the buildings? Were they always apartments? I know back East they have this horrible habit of breaking up those beautiful old Victorians into smaller apartments. If that's the case then the spirits' clothing style makes a lot of sense. At the time ol' Abe was alive, he wasn't the only one who dressed in such a manner, and capes were very common also.

Interesting read! Thank you for posting 😊
unsure32 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
they are pretty old apartment buildings, We don't live there anymore, so i'm unsure the age of construction. I'm pretty lucky that none of the ghosts we saw tried to hurt us! I'm glad you liked reading my story swimsinfire.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
That was a fun read. Definitly a fave. What's the history of the building? It sounds like it's spirits wholike encountering people, rather than the other way around! Keep posting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: