You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Sister, My Best Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister, My Best Friend

 

My name is Paula. Six and a half years ago I lost my best friend, my sister Misty. She was 29, she had a massive heart attack. I'm 4 years older and my parents always made sure I watched out for her. Misty was mentally handicapped. She might have been slow but she made up for it with a heart of gold.

The morning she died, I was up and waiting for her to come over. We lived 3 houses apart. Instead of her, it was my mom falling through my door screaming my sister was dead. It was the most horrific time of my life. The person that I had taken care of was gone forever...

The days and months passed. I didn't think I would make it. I wanted to be dead also. Three months after she died, my kids and I were home, it was about 10:00 at night. I was having a really bad night, I kept saying I couldn't live without her.

The house was dark. I went into my kitchen and was crying when I felt something tug my ponytail. She's the only one who done that. I turned around and she was standing right in front of me. Not see-through, just ordinary. I thought I was seeing things. I said, "Are you really there?" She smiled and said, "Yes" and she loved me and she was alright.

She came to me when I thought I couldn't go on anymore. I still feel her and hear her. God made it possible for me to see her when I needed her. I'm so grateful for that and for getting to be her sister.

My family has had similar experiences since she's been gone. She could always make you feel better either with a smile or laugh. She knew I couldn't take her being gone so she came and told me she was ok, just like she did in life.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pscddc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RevenantSyndicate (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
I agree with the other comments. This was a beautiful yet tragic story. I can't imagine ever losing one of my sisters and I'm terribly sorry for your loss. However, it does appear that your sister is still there for you. As you said, she was there when you needed her most and, after all, that's what sisters are for, right?

So, she isn't really gone. She'll always be with you.

Regards,

-Amzi
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
My dear pscddc, I am sorry for your loss. I am touched by the love and affection you are your sister had, I am sorry, have even after her passing away. I have experienced love and affection from beyond the realms of life and death. You said she had a heart of gold even though she was mentally handicapped. That heart of gold is now with you always and I don't think death has separated you and instead, I think she is with you all the time. I was moved by your narration and I am reminded of my dad's experience when my mother passed on and I narrated it in one of my stories.

Great experience. Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
Your experience put a definite smile on my face. Thank you for sharing. It just goes to show when you need the people you love they'll always be there. Thats what my late uncle and grandpa does for me. I'm deeply sorry for your loss, just know shes doing great with the Good Lord. ❤
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
Very touching story. Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing. Do you please mind me asking whether she seemed mentally handicapped still? Thanks!

~ (Charly) ~
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
What a sad and beautiful story! I'm sorry for your loss, but at the same time I think it was wonderful from your sister to come to let you know that she is OK and will love you forever.

Thanks for sharing such a touching experience.
Gargoyle (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
pscddc,
I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine. My older brother is autistic and although he has bad mood swings and quite a temper, I love him and would be gutted if anything were to happen to him. I am blind myself and this can make our relationship difficult at times.
I have sometimes wondered though if a mental or physical disability goes with you into the afterlife, (if there really is one), or if it goes away?
I really hope you don't mind me asking but did you get any feeling about this when you saw your sister?
I have read differing opinions on this and maybe it all depends on what the person in question wants you to see or feel? Familiarity etc?
Anyway, take care and best wishes.

Gargoyle
iFear (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
That's beautiful and it made me tear up.: (I don't know what I would do without my sister, or the rest of my family.
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
I agree with valkricry and would like to add that you can contact her easily through meditation or astral projection, if that helps.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+5
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
This is very touching and sad. I'm sorry about your sister's passing, but you know you really haven't 'lost' her. She's right there with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: