You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girl At My Window

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl At My Window

 

This all started around six months ago. It happened on the outskirts of Chicago, Illinois. It happened at night like it always does, and I was alone, like I always am when this happens.

I was sitting here in my living room simply watching TV as I usually do, when all of a sudden I hear a little girl's voice coming from my backyard. I didn't pay much attention to it, though; I didn't feel intimidated or anything. I thought it was my newly moved in neighbor's daughter. That's what I thought at the time. It kept me from getting scared. Then I thought, what would a little girl be doing at midnight, alone in the yard? What I realized later on is that my neighbors don't have a daughter.

Weeks passed by and I kept hearing her voice. Her voice sounds really high pitched. Sometimes I can't make out what she's saying and all it seems like is her say "Ahhh." Other times I hear her say, "Mom" or "Mommy." This happens as I sit on this couch in front of my TV. Or the right of me is a window that leads to my backyard. That's where her voices come from. I never hear this in another room. And I've never heard this before.

I dealt with this and it was fine. I didn't feel intimidated. But a few days ago, as I was coming back into this room from the kitchen, I heard her calling out. This time it wasn't an "ahhh" or a "mommy" call out. This time it was like she was saying something, but it was so highly pitched I couldn't make any of it out. Her calling just sounded in different pitches. Like I said, I was coming back from the kitchen so I was facing the window this time. As she was calling out I was looking at the window, which I'll add is heavily covered in blinds. I then looked down at my couch because I was placing something on it, and when I did that, she started screaming. I mean, screaming. It was the kind of scream that represented terror.

I don't know what's going on. If anyone have experienced this, or knows what this could mean, please let me know. Thank you for reading.

- Cupquake.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissQuake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LochKalten (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-11)
I respectfully agree with lady-glow & SDS. Research and curiosity for the truth are key aspects to finding out the true nature of things. In this case it could be caused by animals outside, Living in Australia the first time you hear a cranky kola you think the gates of Hades has opened and a demonic entity has come to take you back with it. But I digress. If it is a restless spirit the scream most probably was a call for a "Here I am! Please notice me." In my past experiences those sorts of things are in fact that. Not malicious at all. The best thing to remember is there is no need to be afraid as they were once humans to, with loved ones, toys, hobbies and jobs. Always respect and treat them as you would any other. I might recommend sitting down with a recording device and to try and talk with the entity and see if you can get some responses and keep a journal. Please keep us all posted with any revelations.
Cheers Muchly
Loch
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
I'm with the other posters and girlie... I wonder if it's a cat or the neighbors had a daughter.
Hoping you find an answer soon.

Blessed Be
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
Sorry lady glow it just everyone thinks that I am nuts or something I just joined I beem reading stuff here since 2011 as I said before it was automatic toilets I do not remember every time I tell my dad or somebody they say its in my head I'm very tired of it I just want to know if I am crazy and sorry as I said I just joined on the 7th and could not publish it first I just want people to believe me I do not lie wjen it comes to these things.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-09)
[at] darkassassin92:
I encourage you to read the guidelines to post comments and better share your experiences with us instead of commenting the same over and over again on different stories. 😐

I'm sure we will enjoy reading all the details about the scare you got with that flushing toilet and the other things you mention on all of your comments.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-06-08)
Oh and I think I forgot to mention south eugene is haunted people have claimed they got pencils throw at them and brick falling when they sat in the seat I never saw the ghost just heard stories from others. Even my dad said he saw something in the school but he thinks it be imagination.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
First thanks for sharing your experience. Truly terrifying if I may add. But I agree with girlie check the past out on the house and property. Go to the library in the town records etc. Hopefully you will shed some light on it. 😊
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
I live in oregon and it was in july of 2004 I was using the restroom at south eugene I was 12 years old I heard the toilet flush all by itself my dad says they are automatic toilets but I do not think so I check and I was the only one in there do you think I heard a ghost from what I remember I think the toilets have handles why it scared me.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
Mayb check out the history of both the house and the land as well if the noise turns out not to be a cat. If so... Mayb see if your neighbors once did hav a little girl. That might explain why you only now started to hear this sound.
GIRLIE ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
Hello MissQuake, I agree with lady-glow and BadJuuJuu in this regard. Please rule out the possibility that lady-glow suggested and I hope it would be the animal. But what is the history of the house. Have you investigated anything about it? How long have you been in this house and have you asked others in the house if they had any experiences in the room you mentioned. Please try to keep a journal if you rule out the possibility of cats.

If it still persists, then it is better to speak out loud, in a pleasant manner, that you need your privacy and not to be disturbed and you do not mean any offence. You can also, if after one or two times of your saying so, over a period of two or three days, that the spirit has already passed on and you can also state that it is better to go to the light and to make it realise that it had passed on from this world.

I do not feel that it means anything harm.

Please keep us posted of developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
I'm thinking along the same lines as lady-glow. One of my cats actually sounds like a small child saying "mama." My husband has called from work before, heard her in the background, and wanted to know who's kids were over. And the sounds of cats in heat, fighting, or mating, omg it's horrible. Definitely try ruling out neighborhood cats.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+7
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
MissQuake:

Are there any cats in your neighborhood?
As cute as cats are, they can make really horrid noises and their calls during heat sound like babies crying at the top of their lungs.
You say that your new neighbors do not have a daughter, but it seems that you began hearing this noises about the time they moved to the area, -do they own a cat?

I have three cats and sometimes I can not distinguish the difference between the sound of my kids voice and the cat saying "maamaa" 😆

Hopefully the girl you hear is just an animal and not a poor little lost soul that needs to go to the light 😢

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: