You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Fingerprints on the Shower Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Fingerprints on the Shower Mirror

 

Even though I grew up in an old house, I haven't had any ghostly experiences of my own until a few months ago. I have lived alone at my Madison apartment for almost a year, and this is where my first ghostly experience occurred.

One day in March, I was taking a shower before I had to go to one of my lab classes. While I was in the shower I heard a squeaking sound, like somebody wiping off the mirror. Since it was very early and I was half asleep, I thought nothing of it until I got out of the shower and noticed fingerprints on the mirror. It was just like somebody had just come in to wipe their fingers on the mirror. The bathroom door was shut tight the entire time, and I would have heard the bathroom door open if somebody happened to come in. Both of the doors to my apartment were locked and had the chains on. I have a cat, but cats don't have fingers, and they can't open doors.

I asked my neighbors if the guy I subleased the apartment had mentioned anything weird going on in the apartment, and they told me that he hadn't. They also assured me that he hadn't done anything evil in the apartment. When I got to school I told a couple of my classmates about it, and they didn't give me any answers either. I don't think they believed me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hellosailor87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
I have a similar story about my grandfather.

I think I might post it lol.

Thanks very much for the story!

god bless
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
well that was wierd how old are you now and what's your name look maybe it was not an apartment before maybe its haunted land have a look on the internet on the erea 😁 😊 😲
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
if indeed this is paranormal in nature, it may not have anything to do with the last tenant.

check again when you hear unexplainable noises, maybe that will provide you with some clarity.

also, remember that even though the neighbors state the last tenant did not mention anything, that doesn't necessarily mean that nothing happened. He may have had experiences and not shared them, some people are afraid to or feel they won't believed so they keep close mouthed. I was one of those people for a long, long time.
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
I agree with Shane. Clean the mirror. And, maybe sprinkle some baby powder around the mirror area. Who's to know? You may just find some footprints the next time you hear that squeaky sound.
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
But Shane, hellosailor also said he heard someone wiping off the mirror, he didn't just see it!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Not that I don't believe you, but could the finger prints have already been upon the mirror and the steam from the shower have caused them to suddenly appear? I always try and rule out the possible before I say it is paranormal. I would clean the mirror really well and see if it happens again. If the incident is repeated then you know you have something extrodinary going on.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: