You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Friend Carly

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend Carly

 

I was about 5 years old when I had my first experience. I lived in a two story house with my mom, dad and older sister. (We lived in southwest Ohio.) One night I could not sleep so I sneaked downstairs and turned on the tv. I made sure the volume was turned down. (Did not want to get busted. Lol) I laid on the floor in front of the tv and watched whatever was on.

The next thing I remember, I awoke to the sound of static. (At this time, the tv stations only aired until certain times. When they went off air the tv screen would go black with white and gray swiggles and sounded like static). It only took me a few moments to fall back to sleep. Next I felt someone pick me up. I opened my eyes slightly and noticed I was being carried upstairs to my room. Closing my eyes again I drifted back into sleep. The last thing I remember was being placed in my bed and being covered up with my blankets.

Being so young I was curious who had carried me to bed. I asked my parents and they said they had no clue I had even sneaked out of bed. My mother slept all night and my dad said I was in bed when he got home from work. This confused me. I did not see who had carried me. My parents chalked it up to me sleep walking.

A few nights later I could not sleep again. This time when I woke to the sound of the tv I saw a fuzzy figure, before I fell back to sleep. When I awoke to being lifted off the ground, I opened my eyes and saw a girl. She looked in her early teens. I did not know who she was but I felt safe. I told my parents but they really did not say anything. I think they still figured that I had either sleep walked or dreamed it.

This girl started appearing to me more often and played games or Barbies with me. She remained with me until I was around 10. I named her Carly and I believe at some point my parents had seen her or felt her presence because when I talked of her sometimes my parents believed me. We only stayed in that house for about a year. She followed me to our new house, where she kept me company until one day she was gone.

Other hauntings by sassygrl84

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sassygrl84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Oddthings23 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
Maybe Carly was a spirate that saw you in a troubling time, or felt emptyness and knew you wouldn't be afraid and finally fulfilled that emptyness an crossed over or she knew that you were getting older and would start to be frightend
Boo_ (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
That's sweet =) But I can't help thinking that she might be a relative who died...
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
I think your Carly may have been a spirit who for some reason had not crossed over and found a friend or a younger sister in you. Did she ever speak to you or try to communicate in anyway other than just playing with you? She may have moved on to another human or crossed over.

Zeta.
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
Awe this is a sweet story. I find it cool that some spirits have the strength to physically lift a human up and carry them. As to what the others are saying, I agree that it could be any of those scenarios.
phsycowritergirl (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
maybe relative, or she had a little sister before she died, and you reminded her of her
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
Perhaps a sibling who died before you were born? Ask your parents again.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
Sounds nice. Could have been a relative mabie? Have you looked at any pictures of relatives to see if you could identify her?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: