You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Locked In The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Locked In The Closet

 

It was Summer break and my mom had to go to work so my Aunt came over to watch my sister and I. I was around 8 years old and my cousin a year younger. My sister almost 4 years older than me. It was really hot out, so we decided to play inside. We settled on hide and seek. My sister said that she would seek first. Once she started counting we quietly sneaked upstairs.

We wanted to hide on a ledge/shelf on the left side of the closet. She wouldn't think to check there right away plus you wouldn't see us there just by opening the door. So we settled with hiding in the back behind the clothes and shoes. As we waited for her come upstairs, we heard something to the right of us. It was a little sound like something shifted but a little different. We ignored it because we heard the door to the upstairs open.

We heard a sound again but once again ignored it. We heard her enter the room and struggled not to laugh. Her shoes blocked the light coming from the creak under the door. She stood there for a moment then we heard her the lock the door. We jumped up and yelled for her to open the door. The knob would turn but the door would not budge. We kept telling her to let us out, and that we heard her lock the door. She said that she didn't lock it, and that it's not locked. She thought we were holding onto the knob not letting her open it.

Finally, we all realized the door was stuck. We were pushing and she was pulling. She turned the lock a couple of times to make sure it wasn't locked. She was about to go get my aunt and then all of a sudden the door opened. (At this point no one was touching the door.) We ran out of the closet. We all stood there scared and puzzled. All the doors on the inside of the house are easy to open. Especially the upstairs closet doors. Most the time they won't stay closed unless you locked them.

We never hid in the closet again.

Later that night we had my dad check the door. (He did all kinds of different work. If there was a problem with the door he'd be able to figure it out.) He couldn't find anything wrong with the door.

Other hauntings by sassygrl84

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sassygrl84, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
Hi sassygrl84, quite difficult to classify it as paranormal with only one encounter. It could be or it might not. I have a feeling that there must have been some catch to the door that you girls were finding it difficult to open. It might have given itself away owing to your efforts and when you just gave up and it would have opened. I am trying to suggest. It could be one of the rational reasons that could be given to the encounter. Still it would be quite difficult to assert it as paranormal with only one encounter.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
Not really sure. If this is the only thing that happened it could have been someone playing a trick on you... Someone of the living kind. Maybe even your aunt. But I am sure that was scary no matter who was behind it.

Zeta/
Wiccawitch (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
It was probably a spirit of a young child wanting to play around with you, join in on your game.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: