You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Can You Hear Me Now? Disembodied Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Can You Hear Me Now? Disembodied Voices

 

On several different occasions, I have heard voices. Sometimes I can identify who it is, and sometimes I can't. For instance in Of Wee Ghosties And A Haunted School, I told about hearing children's cries and an unknown child yelling 'No!' and shoving me out of harm's way when a ceiling collapsed. Growing up there was Jaimie (see Posession By Nightmare?) whom gave me comfort and encouragement. It's his voice I usually hear in times of urgency. These voices are not heard with my mind, but external.

Once I heard my mother's voice, shortly after her passing. I was looking in my bedroom mirror inspecting the latest damage inflicted by my now ex, and I heard her, clear as bell. She addressed me by my first and middle name, a sure sign that she was serious. "Why do you love someone who so obviously doesn't love you? I raised you better. You need to leave him before they end up carrying you out." I knew she was right.

Prior to her death, I had heard another voice. It was a regular week day, my 4 year old son was asleep on the sofa after a hard day of pre-school, and I decided to do a load of laundry. I was heading for the basement when I heard a voice say, "You better call Mom." I thought it was something off the TV and proceeded. I was loading the washer, when Jaimie spoke again. This time he sounded a bit peeved. "I said call Mom NOW! She's hurt and scared." This time he was so loud that I dropped the basket in surprise and tore back upstairs and snatching up the phone punched in my mom's number. I'm used to letting it ring 10/15 times for her to get to the phone, as her illness is taking it's toll. A man's voice answered in like 4 rings.

It took a minute for me to recognize it as my brother's friend. He informed me that he had come to sit with my mom as everyone had errands to do, and she had fallen on the way to the bathroom. The ambulance had just taken her to the hospital and he couldn't find the list of numbers to contact anyone. I knew my mom had to be terrified. She was of the generation (as she had told me many times before) who believed women only went to the hospital for two reasons, either to have a baby or to die. She certainly wasn't pregnant, and had been labeled terminal for quite some time now. I told my brother's friend to stay put in case someone came home, and then called my dad at work. I then called the hospital. They wouldn't let me talk to her so I asked them to tell her my dad was on his way. I learned she had had a heart attack, possibly brought on by her panic and pain from the dislocated hip. Later, she told me that she had heard me telling her my Dad was on his way, and everything would be alright, that she wasn't alone.

I know that, even though I was almost 25 miles away in my kitchen, I was thinking those thoughts very hard. I don't know how things would have been if not for that voice telling me to call.

Another significant time that I heard Jaimie speak is hard for me to talk about. A little more than 11 years later, and it still feels like a sucker punch. It was late fall, I don't recall the hour, but it was already dark out. My son was very despondent over a break up, only I hadn't realized just how bad things were. At the time, he had not yet been diagnosed as bi-polar. I had noticed he was cutting himself more often, and I was trying to get him into therapy. He'd been out with friends that evening, and I was sitting in the living room watching TV when he came home, and went out back. I didn't give it much thought. Suddenly Jaimie spoke, "You need to go to J now. Hurry! He's in the garage - hurry! Run!" Never had I heard Jaimie sound like that before - it was almost like he was panicking. I ran out the back door yelling my son's name.

I burst through the garage door just as he stepped off the work table, an extension cord tied around his neck. I rushed forwards and heard Jaimie yell again to get on the table and pull my boy back to it. As I did so, I swear by all that I hold Holy, the extension cord slipped from around his neck as if undone by unseen hands. I don't know... Maybe it wasn't knotted properly, all I know for certain is he crumpled onto me. The longest seconds of my life slipped past as I clutched him to me, and I distinctly heard the word, "Breath". My son sputtered and began crying. I thought it was the most beautiful sound in the world, because it meant he was still alive.

In the turbulent spiral that followed... The months before and after I lost my son, I would hear another voice that I could not identify and it spoke a strange phrase to me; "kia kaha". I didn't know what it meant at the time, but it made me feel a bit better. I felt as if it had purpose and held a message. I would hear it under times of great stress, or when I felt as if I just could not continue. Later I would learn that this phrase "kia kaha" was Maori (New Zealand tribe) for "be strong". Maybe that's all the voices really want us to hear, be strong for there are brighter tomorrows, but we need to live our todays.

Other hauntings by valkricry

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, valkricry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
5 years ago (2018-12-01)
MysticFrance,Wow! I see you have been busy reading my accounts๐Ÿ˜Š
Yes, once upon a time I had a twin, this was confirmed by my mother and an older sister. He was a late pregnancy loss, as a result he was never really talked about, just too painful for my Mom. If you read Possession By Nightmare? (https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=17613) I talk more about him.
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-01)
Did you really have a twin? Did you ask your mom about Jamie? Gosh, he's been watching over you and your family.

Again, another emotional story. I could feel a lump in my throat.

God bless you, Val! โค
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
ADCJ and Tominaga,
Thank you for reading and commenting. Sorry for the late reply. I just hadn't noticed comments had been added ๐Ÿ˜ณ.
Tominaga, yes, I do find it difficult to speak about. But, over the years I've learned that sometimes love simply isn't enough, and that's a message the survivors of suicide (those of us left behind) really need to hear. Often survivors of suicide blame ourselves, and in some cases, blame is thrust upon us. But, often no one is to blame. I will say that there is definitely life after death. Whether you believe in the 'here after' or not, YOU do learn to live again.
ADCJ:
Well, who' to say? Perhaps we knew each other in a past life. ๐Ÿ˜Š
ADCJ (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-20)
love all your stories val, they are very touching and very well written. Reading them, I feel as if I know you, that we are close somehow. This one in particular gave me goosebumps!
Tominaga_10 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
Val,

I can't help but read this one over and over. I don't hear helpful voices, and I don't have children, but I can definitely understand your emotions in this story. Near-death has touched multiple loved members of my life---You don't have to say anything because I know how hard it is to talk about--I can barely get through the story without choking. I just wanted you to know (Again) how much you've touched my heart, and that you're not alone. โค
spookspirits (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
You have faced a lot of trouble, grief and difficulties but you are lucky too...
The voices seems to be of noble helpful souls... ๐Ÿ˜‰
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Kia ora! Haere mai to YGS, RM! Thank you for reading and commenting. I'm just happy I found somewhere I can share my experiences without someone implying I'm daft. ๐Ÿ˜†
RM2024 (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Valkricry,
I'm a 'newbie' on this site & have recently subscribed.
Imagine my surprise, whilst reading your amazing post for the first time, that the words 'Kia Kaha' was mentioned, especially to someone who is from the other side of the world.
I'm from NZ & the words Kia Kaha is like a mantra for Kiwis to 'keep their heads up & stay strong'
๐Ÿ˜Š
Thank you Valkricry for sharing your heartfelt experiences โค
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
If I mark too much I can't vote anymore on that user sometimes people are nice as I said it does not really have to be helpful to me
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Dear J,
Sounds as if you speak from experience, and for that I am sorry. By the time I lost my son, I was no stranger to death. My mother, Aunt, and an older sister had already passed on. I had lost close friends, witnessed some terrible things. But nothing, NOTHING prepared me for loosing my child. I imagine, no matter their age, no matter the circumstances the pain is the same. I just thank God I was spared the added pain of blaming someone for his death. I've seen how twisted that can make a person, how it is like taking poison. At least, I was spared that.
Thank you for reading and commenting.
~Val
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Hi Val. I have just read your account and wish to Thankyou dearly for sharing your life experience. All I can say is for anyone to even consider suicide they are in great pain. The anguish of a loving parent witnessing their child in this terrible state is often minimized. Thank God for his angel Jamie. Words can not express. I just want to hold your hand look into your face and say "I know" kind regards J โค
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Probably, dark assassin. Unless you feel strongly about something that's been said.
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Maybe your right I rarely mark people if I do it is usually up rarely down I just usually let it be probaly the best thing right?
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
One of the users called me a moron that's its was not her as I said I'm not a rude person unless provoke its there oh and soryy for topic just letting people know
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
Bittersweet, and angela_maria97, thank you both for your kind words. Sorry, Angela, sometimes I forget to check and see if I have any new comments. I happen to see Bittersweet's in the comments over there >>>.But I DO appreciate you reading and taking the time to comment. Yes, I agree that Jaimie has been a blessing through out my life. He has literally saved me more than once, and has alerted me a number of times. Sometimes, I do wonder if he is a product of my imagination, but then how does he know things that I don't? Funny, I can just imagine him shaking his head at me and saying, "Just what's a ghost gotta do to prove they're real to you?" and laughing at me.
Again, thank you both for reading.
BitterSweet78801 (4 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
Valkricry,
Appreciate you sharing your story. I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy you've experienced in your life. My heart goes out to you. What amazed me about your story, is that Jamie was there for you, he is an amazing spirit.
angela_maria97 (14 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-28)
I am so glad you had the voice by your side at the times because there are people that lose great others because they are far away or just don't see that other things are happening right in front of there eyes so you are very lucky
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-27)
valkricry
He has come to sit on my lap once on his own. One of the boys also has a habit of taking things that he can pound, and then he plays "drums" in Adam's room. Tim told me he as a person couldn't make out what was going on, though he had the feeling it was supposed to be music, but Adam had the biggest grin on his face and was dancing along.

I have actually been thinking about getting some of the clutter cleared out of that room and having story time and so on there.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-27)
Triden, Morning! 1:15 AM here... I'm so happy for you! Although I'm still a bit in shock that we were both thinking the same name. Lol. I'm sure it will be a marvelous read! I had a thought... Have you ever invited him to sit in your lap? Or maybe read to him? It would be an easy matter for you and the twins to have a story time in his room, no? Just a tiny bit of inclusion can go a long way.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-27)
valkricry
Good Morning!
Well, I did it. I went into his room, got down on my knees, and asked him if his name is Adam. And I don't know if it was projection, but I immediately started smiling, and my heartrate increased. I had goosebumps head to toes. So, I believe it is confirmed, his name is Adam.

He is very shy yes, the first time Tim saw him, and communicated with him, the little guy kept turning his face away. Later on Tim told me that Adam loves the fact that I go into his room and talk to him. Because his mommy never did. And one night I referred to him as one of my boys, and the little guy got so flustered Tim said he didn't know what to do.

I know one of his main issues is the fact that he burned to death. He has shown Tim what he looked like, Tim says the little guy will never show me that because he doesn't want me to turn my face away, or flinch from him. He seems to have had a very lonely life, and he brightens up so much when one of the twins, either of them, plays in his room.

I'm going to publish this experience soon
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
Well, Triden - I can tell you this, size intimidates. Because I'm small not even 5ft, kids generally take to me right off. They just think I'm another kid, I guess. Kiddo is kind of shy - that's why he isn't telling his name, and I take it very young... Maybe 5 or 6? So getting on your knees or even sitting on the floor, isn't a bad idea. I agree with Tim, if Adam is his name you'll 'feel' it.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
Valkricry
I spoke to Tim this morning, he said that if I feel that the name has meaning, then I should address Kiddo with that name. I'll be able to feel how he responds when I do so. So, i'm going to talk to him and ask him if that is his name. I said to Tim I have the strongest feeling that I need to get down on my knees, be on his level, when I talk to him. So, it seems i'll have a new story to publish soon! I'm really excited about him having a name.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
triden, perhaps you should ask Tim to ask Kiddo if Adam is his name? Because, yeah - that's a bit odd that we would both think the same name.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
valkricry
This si amazing! Tim has been telling me for nearly a year that when Kiddo is ready he will tell me one way or another what his name is. And for the last few weeks I have been thinking of the name Adam, just randomly, for no particular reason. And you have been thinking the same name!
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
Your accounts are always awesome to read. So sorry to know about your beloved mom and son but I bet they are at a better place now. I hope you're really strong like the voices want you to be. God bless.
-Shady
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
triden,
It's my belief that everyone has 'someone' watching over them, whether they know it or not. For most, it seems like a covert mission. I mean, they're just unaware of the agents at work in their lives. Generally, I can see and/or hear them. Yet for others, they remain invisible. And there have been quite a few breathing mortals who have thought me quite balmy when I mentioned hearing voices, or seeing someone who they can't. Give Gran a hug for me and a hello to Kiddo (for some reason I keep wanting to say Adam) and Charlie.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
Darkness,
As for the Maori connection, I've no clue. I admit to being an American mutt. Between my parents, I have at least 10 nationalities coursing through my veins, but Maori is not one of them (not that we know of). So, I'm fairly sure it wasn't a relation. Since sometimes, I do hear 'unknowns' I think, perhaps it was a passing spirit, moved to give me comfort.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
valkricry
This story brought tears to my eyes. When I read your post as to how intervention had given you time with your son twice, it made me think of Charlie. He himself had struggled with depression, though I don't know if anyone had thought to check if he was suffering from bi-polarity. Charlie passed by suicide, his first attempt was thwarted by my mom and his dad. There I think Gran was a link, because my mom was panicky and jumpy that whole day and made Charlie's dad go with her (they were colleagues and still are very good friends) to see him. When they arrived at the house Charlie had tried to OD on medication, mom brought him back that day.

And now he is protecting us. Sometimes I can't help but be amazed, when you get past the haze of pain and loss, we, the lucky few, can find real gems.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
valkricry: Wow heart wrenching stuff, I'm so sorry for your hardship and the loss of your son, I'm sure he watching over you with love and light from a better place now. You have some amazing spirit guides and angels watching and protecting you valkicry. Your clairaudience is truly amazing! Any idea what the Maori influence is regarding yourself? Best of luck to you. Thanks for sharing.

Dan
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
It could of been the tv but I swear it sounded like his voice. I can not feel ghost presence my dad can

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: