You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Soft Cry of a Chicken

Real Ghost Stories

Soft Cry of a Chicken

 

It was the dead of winter when me and my friends, Adam Harris, Josh Craig, Ryan Wells, and Cagle decided we would go up to the old Pig Silos located on the top of York Mountain. The Silos have been closed for well over fifty years, but that doesn't mean anything has stopped up there, as we all found out that night...

We parked the car a good ways away, and crept through the night towards the fence we were going to hop over. We climbed the fence and entered the building where they used to slaughter pigs. I don't know why, but the smell of rotted meat was noticeable. We got bored up there because nothing was going on, say for a single knock from inside a cupboard, which I'm saying was most likely a mouse or something.

We headed down to the old chicken houses. And we heard a door slam. We were a little scared, because we thought someone was there, then we saw the double doors, rusted completely hanging on the hinges, one of the doors swung open as we walked close. Suddenly from inside the chicken houses, we heard the soft cry of a chicken... We couldn't explain it, because there hadn't been any chickens in the building for over 50 years. And as we walked away, as if wanting us to leave, the big rusted door slammed shut as we left.

Other hauntings by Kevan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kevan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Thanks for sharing your story. I would be scared or confused about the that door closing. At the time, did you record the chicken's voice?
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Hey Kevan, Thanks for sharing your story with us. Sounds like there is still something definitely there, and that they didn't want you to be there. 😕
jenferocious77 (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
the name of this story made me laugh, but it sounds pretty spooky. Thanks for sharing. 😊
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-02)
Hey Kim. Well, we really hadn't heard anything about the place, but it looked creepy so we decided to check it out. But one thing that made us head near there was my friend Josh telling us about this big white dog that ran in front of his car. HE felt the hit and stopped, but when he got out there was no dog, and no dent in his car or anything.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-01)
just goes to show, animal entities can be around to. Don't know if I would want to be in anything that old that had that much killing ever. Whew. That would be scary. Besides, do you know if any people had epxperiences there or what kind of people worked there? May not just be animals, huh?
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-01)
To Bellissima- Yeah, we had heard stories of glowing lights in the building where they slaughtered the pigs. But yeah, I guess he was pissed about that losing head. Lol

To Shane- No problem.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Hi Kevan. I'm curious as to why you wanted to go to some old pig silo, it sounds pretty gross. Had you heard some stories about the place? I have never heard of a chicken spirit. Maybe he was pissed about having his head chopped off? 😉 Okay, the door opening and slamming sounds like a spine tingler, especially in that setting! That's definitely spooky.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Thank you for sharing your story with us Kevan.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: