You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Truly Something Under My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Truly Something Under My Bed

 

Alright so I vividly remember when I was about 10-12 years old, paranormal activity happening to me right before I would go to sleep at night. This did not happen just once but at least 3 or 4 times that I can remember between these ages.

It would all start out right after I had finished reading and had turned off my lamp on my end table. My family is very Christian and my Dad had me read the Bible before bed every night. Anyway, I remember just getting to rest my head on my pillow when I would feel something like a fist push up on the mattress beneath me. I was not sleeping and I was not just imagining it. I would physically sit up, turn my lamp on, and watch my bed move up and down on that spot. Like I said before, this did not happen to me just once but several times when I was young. My parents lived on the opposite side of the house and their was no one that could easily fit under my bed. I was always too scared to try and jump off and run or even just to look underneath and see what it was for fear that it would "Get me." After about 1 minute of it starting it would stop and not come back for at least a few nights. I never did tell my parents about it even though it would keep me up late some nights sleep deprived. I think it's just because it would happen so fast and when I woke up in the morning I wouldn't be thinking about until it was the next night already.

The years following this, I think I still have an irrational fear to sit on my bed with my feet on the ground and feel really uncomfortable when I do. I also still have not been able to explain why this happened to me during that age, but I definitely remember every bit of it truly happening.

Other hauntings by killer9755

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, killer9755, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dreamer676 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-09)
What I wanted to know is if it's possible you could tell me about it in mote detail, I experienced something very similar and I can't find answers anywhere. I also experienced this around the same age as you also. Although when it happened to me I experienced strange shadows running across my wall (shortly after screaming for my dad). I would really like to know more. It bothers me to this day still I can't have my feet on the ground, beds with spaces below, I even have a fear of wardrobes and the dark...
killer9755 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Hey everybody thanks for all the comments! I really wish I would have responded sooner. But to answer some of your questions I grew up in Beaver Dam and had never had anything else similar to this happen to me before. As to stuff under my bed that could have caused it I don't think I've ever kept much under my beds. I had a really nice closet at that house and my bed was decently close to the ground so I probably didn't keep to much under there. But yeah thanks again for commenting and if theirs anymore questions please feel free to ask.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
jennybear - if you read the story, this author grew up in a Christian based home so it stands to reason people would offer this type of advice.
jennybear772 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
I've said this once and I'll say it again. I don't understand why people always tell others to read the bible. Not EVERYONE worships the god in the bible. Some people don't believe in that AT ALL.
Pipo302 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-02)
I have a few questions where was this at? And this has happened to me to but I would just feel it once and have you've ever seen any ghost before that?
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
Haha I got the same feeling sometimes about the feet and sometimes I feel but I say in my self I DonT CARE and it's true about the bible that you was reading they goes angry when we read the bible lol no matter what age we are
Fearless (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
Killer eh? Sounds like a name of someone who can't be afraid to chek out what's up well it just sounds like it (joking) well anyway I had encounter similar to this me and my cousins were watching the ring at about 2 in the night when we were over with it we were half scared but I tried to show less fear as possible when suddenly we heard a disturbing groan from under the bed for about 5-6 minutes and during the sound we were frozen no one moved then I decided to be a hero and bla bla so I looked under the bed and I saw a toy helicopter whose wings were causing the sound So I guess it might be the similar case with you maybe...
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
I agree with Andreaa, like an entity that doesn't like people reading holy books. There are a lot of things out there than the eye can see.
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Something alike hapenned to me once. I was sitting on my bed with my cat, I think I was playing playstation when sudenly my cat started making a weird sound, like she was mad. She started hissing and freaking out but their was nothing and no one to be pissed at. Sudenly something felt like they punched my bed from underneath making me literally bounce! My cat left running! I just sat there for a few seconds not knowing what to do, shocked and just ran too!

I don't like under beds, their always going to be freaky to me! 😐

Lots of luck and love! 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
killer
You say that you were 10-12 years old when this happened. If you were 12 when this started I would say you had poltergeist activity. A poltergeist is not a ghostie or monster it is something a person in puberty experiences/manifests.
Regards
Red
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
Hi killer9755, welcome to YGS. Like Andreaa said, it is bizarre. Still I feel that you should have told your experiencs to your parents, atleast to your dad. Even now, it is not late, you can share these experiences to them. Perhaps they might tell you their encounters. It happens one night and won't come back for few other nights, sounds altogther different. Well, leave the nights, atleast did you try to look under your bed during daytime? That could have given you some clue if there was any logical explanation. But without further inputs, I find it difficult to comment further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-19)
I live in Wisconsin, so of course this caught my interest. Very few Wisconsin stories turn up here, although I keep hearing there are plenty of stories to tell.

I have no answers for you. My bed vibrated for a few seconds once. I hope there is a logical explanation.

Thanks for sharing.
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-19)
Wow that is bizarre! It almost seems it didn't like you reading that bible very much... And the fact that you were a child may have made you an easy target for this entity. I'm also glad your instincts kept you from looking under, who knows what you might have saw or encountered! There are truly some strange things out there. I'm glad it finally left you alone, and I'm sorry it left such an effect that your scared to put your feet on the floor sitting in bed! Yikes!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: