You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of The Woods

 

Growing up as a child in Western Massachusetts, I have always been interested in nature. Most of my afternoons are comprised of feeding the squirrels and birds on our property, occasionally taking wildlife photographs, and spending hours at a time alone observing the activity in my backyard woods. I have never exactly held an opinion on paranormal phenomena.

A couple of days ago on May 31 I had my first personal experience with what I refer to as a ghost or a spirit. After leaving some peanut butter crackers that I had made underneath one of the trees in our backyard, I sat down on the grass and began to observe my surroundings, becoming completely oblivious to time itself. That particular day had been very breezy, and the tree tops in the woods were in full movement. A few minutes had passed by when something that I cannot explain happened caught my eye.

A translucent figure had emerged from behind one of the tall pine trees in the woods. It did not have any facial features, but was simply the outline of a human being. Its body somewhat absorbed sunlight, giving it a shimmering effect. One of its arms was visible as it took a few steps before disappearing into thin air. I was completely in awe for several minutes until my mind had accepted into reality what I had just saw.

I am not sure if these things only appear to those who have great respect for nature and pay attention to it, but it felt as if it wanted to show itself to me. Throughout the short duration of my experience, I never once felt frightened. I do consider myself special to have witnessed something like this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brendon1997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-30)
Very nice story. Thank you for sharing. And with all seriousness, thanks for being so kind to nature! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜Š
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
Brendon1997, Ok this reminds me so much of Elves! No, no! Not Tolkien's elves but those that are found in Gaelic, Scandinavian and Germanic mythologies. Although I'm sure Tolkien found inspiration in these myths. Especially since you're so good with nature. Anyway, I like this story! Thanks for sharing.
Fearless (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
Well I think that might b a mere hallucination as the mind and eyes have these devilish ways of tricking us into seeing things that are not dere or perhaps you must have awaken an event which might have taken place at that spot ๐Ÿ˜•
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
thanks miracles... I got the point... & can I just say another big thank you to all my fans all over the world... I will be performing a free concert soon in your town...
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
I'm sure there's a moderator out there somewhere. I agry with H2. I remember reading about wood spitits. My son and I see something similar once in a while, usualy in the woods.
unsure32 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
he/she was coming at you? I'm glad you had no fear! I consider you very lucky to have witnessed that. Maybe he was someone from the past who was coming out of the woods to journey home with a meal? Maybe you two had a connection on an emotional level and that is why he appeared to you. All in all You are lucky to have seen him with out fear.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
bizzjoe - and the people who submit stories that are made up don't mean any harm either. Do they? ๐Ÿค”

There really is no difference in what you did and what they do. That was my point. This is a ghost site for true ghost stories. What you did was something you have bashed other members for. Many times since you have joined this site, you are the one who has been less than kind in your judgement of other people's advice or stories. And yet you make up something and offer it as the truth.

Hold onto your fan club, bizzjoe, if it makes you feel better.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-22)
thanks to every one who is on my side here... I really don't mean any harm, & I think the scoles experiment on youtube is important to anyone who is interested in the paranormal... Plus... Please check out "huff paranormal" on youtube, he has over 60 videos, & all of them are pretty awesome... Please leave me some feed back on this... God bless...
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Sounds like the nature spirit of that locale was acknowledging your respectful mindfulness and reverence for creation and the animal people thereabouts. You caught a glimpse of the spiritual reality behind the material actuality? The significance of the peanut butter crackers is that it was a gift and a friendly enticement for the local fauna to come closer and interact.
Mysmarple (1 stories) (13 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
OOPS! Never mind bizzjoe. I just looked it up. Keep coming up with your ghostly humor. It adds interest for me at this site. ๐Ÿ˜†
Mysmarple (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
LOL! Bizzjoe you are right. I think "ghostly" humor is fun on a site like this. But, I am pretty new here. Could you explain to me what you mean about looking up the scoles experiment on YouTube? What exactly is it? ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Brendon1997 - I owe you an apology. I read bizzjoe the riot act for his "made up" comment before even reading your story. I'm ashamed of myself. You shared a wonderful experience with us and I didn't even bother reading it until now.

I believe there are so many things "out there" that are unexplainable and if we just believe and are fortunate enough to be in the right place, at the right time, sometimes we receive a gift. I think you were in the right place, at the right time and maybe were considered honorable enough to show him/herself to. I would feel blessed to have experienced that.

I want to thank you for sharing this with us.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Yes, I agree. This was a very special sighting and sounds like it was beautiful. We all have different beliefs and theories of what happens to us when we die. I believe that some will "cross over", if you will, and others kind of hang around for awhile. If for some reason I get "stuck here", I hope it can be in a place so beautiful!

Zeta.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Hi Brendon1997, I feel that it is a random paranormal sighting you had. But ghosts and spirits are everywhere. I do not agree with your statement that they show up to those who are interested in nature. They are visible to people, who have sensitivity. Some people have the sensitivity to feel, hear and see paranormal. But still, as ladyglow suggested try to find out the history of the land. It could give you some clue. Ask others in your house or your neighbours if they have seen anything like what you have. Kindly keep us informed of any developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Brendon1997
Great story. I believe you saw a spirit. I also do think it wanted you to see it. As per my own experiences, I do really believe they have full control over who they choose to show themselves to, most of the time.

Bizzjoe
I had a good giggle at your first comment, especially considering these used to be people, flesh and bone people. I have learned, through my own experiences, that spirits can have emotional outbursts with each other, so even though you made it up, it does ring true. I base this on the fact that both people who have seen the spirit of my gran in my house, as well as my guardian, Charlie, have all admitted that my gran is a force to be reckoned with, no matter on which plain she exists.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
I read bizzjoe comment on how spirits exist and so forth, all that I can say is that I have seen and heard evidence that spirits can be social or anti-social. The majority tend to hang around together and they communicate as well as a whole. They are aware of our presence as well and I base my opinion on my experience, people's experience as well as audio and visual evidence that I have encounter. Maybe if one of us were to sit down with a spirit and talk maybe than we could all unite. Its all a mystery.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
well miracles... Of course I made it up, or did you think the spirits gave me that information?... Or maybe I hit the nail on the head, who knows? Nobody knows... But a bit of humour now & again is no harm... But don't forget to check out the scoles experiment on youtube... If you dare.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
Do you know the history of the land?
Perhaps what you saw was a mix of light, movement and mist.

I do not know for sure, but your story is very well written and made me feel like if I had been seating in the forest beside you ๐Ÿ˜œ.

Thanks for sharing
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
Wow, bizzjoe - any credibility you may have had just went out the window. You don't make crap up and expect people to believe you from here on out. I have to give you credit, though, for admitting you made it up. But that's all the credit I'm giving you. And yes, I'm sure there are many people on this site make stuff up all the time and get by with.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
ok I just made that up... But if you look up the scoles experiment on youtube... Its pretty amazing, & anyone interested in the "paranormal" should look this up right now...
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
Thanks, Val! I never thought of that. I was wondering if peanut butter crackers were some kind of spook
bait I'd never heard of. ๐Ÿ˜

Could the thing in the woods have been fae?
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
elfstone, squirrels adore peanut butter. Brendon had evidently set out the peanut butter crackers as a treat for them.

Bizzjoe, I'm with Miracles on your comment. I've never heard that before either. But it does make a type of sense. Where did you learn that from?

Oh,Brendon, I believe you did see something very special. Exactly what, I'm not sure. ๐Ÿ˜Š
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
Interesting experience. Not sure what to make of it. One thing I'm confused about. What was the significance of the peanut butter crackers?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
bizzjoe - I've never heard this before. Where did you find this out?
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
spirits are everywhere... They exist in a very overcrowded space, & sometimes some of them just "fall out"... Or sometimes they have arguments with each other & when the pressure gets too much, they just say... "im outta here man"... & storm off again to this earthly dwelling for a little bit until they calm down... Seriously...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: