You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Nice Ouija Board Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Nice Ouija Board Experience

 

Despite pretty much everyone I know telling me NOT to use Ouija boards, I just can't stop. It's like an adrenaline rush. But anyway, I have used an Ouija board with friends multiple times trying to talk to any willing spirit. But only one time has it ever worked, and I will tell you about that. They were really nice spirits we talked to.

This happened at night time, when it was really dark. It happened last summer, at the beginning of July. (July 3rd which was after this experience, we had a seance and I will post my experience about that next, it's a little touching) But about my Ouija board experience: It was me and 3 friends, and we took my Ouija board to the graveyard by my friends house. Now keep in mind this is an older graveyard, with really old graves. But, there are still newer ones. (It is just full of graves from all kinds of time periods, I like it) and also keep in mind, this is a graveyard in a rural town in western PA. My friends house is the closest house to it and it is a small field distance away. So yeah, pretty creepy. Also, keep in mind this graveyard isn't that big.

Okay so, my three friends and I took my Ouija board to this graveyard. And we set it up in a spot we felt comfortable in, which was kind of near the edge, which is by a road with woods on the other side. We had 3 candles lit, to get a better chance at talking to some spirits.

So we have it all set up now and all our hands are on the planchette. We ask first, "Are any spirits here. If so would you like to talk to us?" Blah blah blah. And after a few short moments, we get an answer of "Yes". Then we asked how many spirits there were and they answered us with "2". So we asked them their names and they told us, but I can't remember what they were.: (But anyway, it was a man and a woman. They were married. We asked them how old they were when they died and how they died. (I know we were asking personal questions, and I hear your not supposed too, but I thought it was okay at the time, and anyway nothing bad happened.) They told us their ages which I can not remember either but I remember they were young. We asked them how they died and then we got the answer of "car".

Then we heard a noise down by the church which is with the graveyard. (That night my friends dad kept trying to scare us while we were going to the graveyard) So we asked the spirits if that was her dad, and they said "No". Then we heard a big noise in the woods and got real scared, so we asked our friendly spirit friends what this was now, and we got the answer "Deer". Haha:)

They were kind of getting slower at responding after a while, so we just asked our last question, which was "Can you please point us in the direction of your grave?" And then the planchette moved to the northeast corner of the board, so their grave was up by the grave keepers shed. So then I think we said thank you for talking to us, and then moved the planchette to "GOODBYE". So, we went up the next morning trying to find their graves but we couldn't sadly. I hope to try to find it again some day. If only I could remember their names.

Thanks for reading guys! I personally think these were nice spirits, and that just shows you can have some nice experiences with Ouija boards. I have had no problems ever since and neither have any of my friends. Please put your input about what you think of this experience.

Other hauntings by crf1997

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, crf1997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-03)
crf1997: Interesting account and I'm glad you you were fortunate enough to only experience these friendlier types whils playing with the ouija board.
We can preach and stress to you about the dangers etc but in the end most people need to experience it to believe it.
Remember though it is a tool and if you don't use tools properly you can harm yourself and others around you.
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-02)
I know, I really do need to stop using them. They are just so fun and very interesting during a night with friends.
And [at] tino, it's definitely not from when my mom used it because I have used it a couple times since she did.:) I found the paper this saturday.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-02)
Hey crf1997, out of my own experience, I am telling you friend, please do not use Ouija Boards. It is not a toy. You said adrenaline. But when it gets weird or goes bad, it is going to be really nasty. People have suffered for weeks and months and please do not use it in graveyards. When you cannot find out the graves of the spirits, who died in car, I feel it weird. It is not necessary that the spirits are going to tell you the truth because we don't know what is on the other side and if it is a good one or tricky.

Fearless, I think Val gave you the correct explanation of Ouija Board.

Elfstone810, I would like to tell you, even in our country, we use the Boards from a very long time. But we have been warned by our elders not to use it. Many of us, when we were very young, tried to use home-made boards, which also worked but on several occasions, ended up in nasty experiences. I feel that during older times, very few persons were taken to paranormal research, basically because of fear. At that point of time, except seance, Ouija was one of the major ways of contact spirits. So we cannot say that people have not ended up in difficult situations because of the use of Ouija Boards.

Later, many persons started taking interest in paranormal and with development, this field also developed and there came various ways, methods to contact spirits, feel them through technology etc.

Still, even after years of experience, I feel reluctant to use Ouija Boards and I would advise anyone using against it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
tinohoang (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-01)
I bet the piece of paper was from when your mom owned it. Since it was from when she was a little kid she probably doesn't remember. Who knows maybe one of her friends put it in there without her knowing, trying to scare her but guess she didn't find it and you did.
osnapitsDebra (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-30)
Wow I would be scared if that happened to me I get easily frightened I even scare myself 😨 I hope he admits it haha

-Debra ❤
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-30)
My dad likes to scare us that's why I think it was them and why I keep telling him to just admit he put the paper in there, but he won't. So I don't know. 😕
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-30)
Thanks for responding everyone!
I know it's crazy that we didn't write down the names, but we were so thrilled that it was even working that we didn't even think to write them down, or were able to remember them.: (
And also, I used a real board that my mom had since she was a kid. It's a Parker Game Ouija Board and it was made in Salem MA.
And yes Debra we went yesterday again, nothing happened, and we played it at my friends house yesterday on the porch and it was just slow nothing really happened at all.
But it got really weird yesterday when we played in her room. We got the Ouija Board out and everything and then we looked in the box to put it back since nothing was happening. When I was putting the planchette back in it's little spot there was a little crumpled up piece of paper in there. We got it out and it was a little piece of paper all burnt around the edges and had a burnt hole in it, and it said "He lies to you" in weird writing! Ugh I keep telling my parents it was them because we thought it was since they brought the board over for us. But they say it wasn't but I still kind of think it was them. But it was weird because my two friends and I were just saying how ghosts can pretend to be a loved one. So scary. 😭 😨
osnapitsDebra (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-30)
This is a unique experience they sounded really nice, almost guardian like. Are you planning to go to the graveyard again with your friends? Just be careful with the Ouija Board it could lead you to bad things:)

-Debra ❤
annamary3 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-29)
I think your experience sounds sweet in some way. Like there wasn't anything you needed to fear and the people were genuinely nice when they were living and in their past life. Did you buy a ouija board or make one? I've made a couple but only got results one time for one response but I've also used one that was bought that got responses right away which I think seemed kind of false. Which do you recommend?
biolizard987 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-28)
I think the ghosts were just acting. I would never go into a graveyard with a Ouija Board. I would never use one.
tinohoang (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-27)
I don't feel like reading any of the older comments so I am sorry if someone already told you this. As kids (teenagers, high school days) me and my buddies also loved to experience with the Ouija Board which was fun, thrilling and scary at the same time. Lets just say you don't really know who you are talking to on the other side of that Ouija Board. It could actually be the people who they say they are. BUT it could also be someone or something PRETENDING to be that person. But I am older now, I know messing with the Ouija Board wasn't the brightest thing to do. Yeah it seems fun and the Adrenalin rush pumps you up but whether you are playing the Ouija Board at cemetery, friends house or wherever. Just know whoever it is you contact or whoever they pretending to be can and WILL follow you home. Not trying to scare you but saying from experience. Wont go into detail but let's just say you don't want a bad spirit or demon following you home. Whenever you play the Ouija Board you are inviting ALL spirits. If you are playing it inside your home that too is an invite to all ghost to come inside your home. Who knows some of them might not leave.
Gizmo (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
Dear crf1997
What an interesting story. I personally am terrified when it comes to the Ouija Board, I've had many relatives and close friends share their past experiences with me and they don't usually end well. But it's nice to know you had not only a good experience but a humorous and memorable one. Thanks for sharing this experience, definitely keep us posted with any new experiences related to this (hopefully they are all good experiences). Gizmo
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
crf
I must warn you against EVER using the ouija board again. Especially in a grave yard. When I was in my late teens my mother got one. Probably trying to be the "cool mom". NOT a good idea when you know you have spirits in the house.
At any rate I would be the only one who touched the planchette and the questions were never said out loud.
One evening shortly after a friends mother died the woman's name was spelled out. I did not know the woman's name only her nick name which was not one used for her given name. I said let's close the session and my mother who read but never spoke any questions agreed. A big mouthed friend who was there told our mutual friend about it and I got an irate call. My friend who's mother died wanted me to bring the board over for a session, her mothers name did not come up. But there was message for another friend... He needed knee surgery. After he had the surgery he had a breakdown and he had to be in a mental ward for weeks. Upon his release he wanted to celebrate with his friend and my big mouth friend who suggested I join them. The poor guy told her to keep me away from him because I'm a witch. He was so agitated that he nearly had another breakdown.
Regards
Red
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
lady-glow, if you're anything like me, you can remember all the lyrics to all the songs from the 80s, but not what you walked into a room for! 😆
~Val
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
Four teenagers played the Ouija board and none of them remembers the name of the two spirits they contacted?!
It makes me feel better to know that forgetfulness is not a sign of old age! 😉

I'm glad to know your experience with the board didn't end badly, but take care and the due precautions in the future.

Thanks for sharing.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
Fearless, a Ouija board is the same as a spirit board.
Basically it's a board with the alphabet, yes, no, maybe, and goodbye printed on it. You use a planchette or sometimes a glass as a pointer, and the idea is for spirits to communicate by spelling out their answers to you. It's really nothing to be played with, as if used incorrectly you can invite some really nasty entities in. It needs to be opened and closed properly or you can get disastrous results.

Crf;
Interesting account, and I'm glad you haven't had any ill effects from it. However, a word of caution, sometimes the bad guys pretend to be good guys.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
You hear a lot of "evil Ouija board" stories these days but it seems to me it's a fairly recent trend. (Last two or three decades?) I've read a lot (a LOT) of books about ghosts and about the history of parapsychology. During the heyday of Spiritualism (ca. 1890's to 1940's) Ouija boards were widely used, along with planchettes and table tipping and you never heard the demon-possession, evil entity horror stories we get nowadays. I'd be interested if anyone has any ideas about why this change in perception has taken place.

And I'm smacking my head against the wall that you didn't write down the names! If you're going to try this again, for goodness sake, take notes! And do be careful. I'm not sure the boards are as perilous as people say they are, but I'm also not sure that they're not!
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
crf1997, I agree with PinkAngel. I personaly would never play with a Quija Board. I have watched my mom play one and have heard stories of other family members playing with one, nothing good ever came from it. Its a great thing you were intouch with nice spirits, instead of crazy ones. Great story!
PinkAngel (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
I have conflicting feelings about ouija boards. I'd never use one, but I love to read stories about them! You were lucky you had a pleasant experience. My brother used to spend hours with his friends at the board, until one day he came home and said he's NEVER doing it again, and didn't even want to say why or what happened. To this day, 20 years later, I still haven't found out. (I'll prod him next time we talk;)) I liked this story a lot. Thanks for sharing, and be careful!
Fearless (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
Hey crf I am new to this website so Firstly I guess you are really lucky to have met two really friendly spirits and Id like to congratulate you for that and secondly Id like to know what's an ouija board. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: