You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Devil Beside Me

Real Ghost Stories

Devil Beside Me

 

When I was still in elementary, we (my older sister, youngest sister, and parents) used to sleep in one room. My older sister and I used to sleep on the bed while my parents together with our youngest sister sleep on a pullout bed.

We used to have an electric lamp on the altar inside our room. The electric lamp was somewhat made of porcelain with the holy family carved to it. It served as our all-nighter light when we were sleeping.

One night, I suddenly woke up for no reason. My eyes wandered around the room to check who was still awake, but they were already all asleep when my eyes happened to wander to the wall beside me (the bed was adherent to the wall). I saw this projection of a huge shadow of a man with horns and on all fours. As if he was just on the bed on top of me. Staring at me. Grinning.

I whimpered... I called for my mom. Thank God she woke up! But even though my mom already woke up the shadow was still there. I asked her to clear up the clutters on the altar that might be the cause of that horrible projection. She did, but to no avail... IT WAS STILL THERE... Maybe because of extreme fear, I did not know, but I guess I fainted and slept.

Up to this day, when I asked my mother about that night, she always tell me that she can't remember anything... But I can see denial written all over her face. I know that I saw it and it was not just a dream, and I know that my mother saw it too.

But what is it? What does that thing want from me or us? How I wish I will not see that thing again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 999ATHAN666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

meinmein (6 stories) (9 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-02)
I had same experiences when I was younger.
Just like you, the best word that describes what I saw is the word "devil". I am just staring in the tall grasses. Then a thing just walk across out of nowhere in the tall grasses. It doesn't have a hair, it is color red from head to toe. I can remember it wearing a violet sando like jersey. It is really creepy and the image is still clear in my head. I wanted to find out what that was.
MysteriousGuy (10 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
Just pray for it you will not see it again Athan. Don't be scared of that thing because GOD is more greater and powerful than what you saw.:) GodBless and don't forget to pray always. 😉 😉
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
maybe that wasn't purely evil but just, maybe it was just a mythical creature such as kapre which you mistakenly thought as a devil. Or maybe just a bad spirit playing a prank on you, trying to scare you. Whatever it was i'm glad nothing bad happened to you. Don't forget to pray, I swear prayer is the most effective way of droving off spirits such as the one you saw. Pray to your guardians as well.

There are instances that one's abilities may disappear specially if you don't practice it or you don't give much attention to it. I know because I myself had one. I may not see or feel. I never in touched with those entities but what I can do was something else. Keep safe and God bless.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-02)
Dear 999ATHAN666, with only one incident of seeing that shadow, it is quite difficult to comment on it. But I doubt it is a devil except that you have seen the shadow of a man with horns and on all fours. Still I would like to tell you that sensitivity towards paranormal is not bad, of course, if you take interest in it. There is nothing to be scared of. From your comments, I could definitely realise how you must have felt when you saw there was none outside your room and there was no light. But be courageous.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
osnapitsDebra (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-30)
Yea creepy things can follow you, maybe you, your parents, or one of your siblings is attached to one of the spirits in the previous house. Maybe it could your sister that was 7 or 8 at the time when your father saw her in the window looking at the front gate saying that her "friends" was there. Thanks

-Debra ❤
Randcan (62 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-29)
Dear 999ATHAN666, good and evil spirits and a vast variety of entities are real. Some we create, and others are living beings as much as we are. A 'devil' like that is like all devils...pathetic. They employ cheap scare tactics (horns,red eyes, laughing etc.) and all that crap because they're trying to intimidate you, as if you're a scared little mouse. Inside you is the Creator of the Universe! Though it's hard to not be frightened, in time you can learn to be bold and send away something that appears to you. Next time, don't be scared, get angry! The way you shouldn't be afraid of a spider, you should say "Get out of here, don't you know who I am?" 999ATHAN666, You're BELOVED by The Creator. Speak with Authority. How dare something try to frighten you! Don't be tricked into believing that you're a helpless little rodent. You believe you're alive don't you? You believe entities are real. THEN OF COURSE BELIEVE... A powerful CREATOR CREATED YOU AND THOSE ENTITIES. And whose side is Creation on? YOURS! That's why scripture says: "Laugh at the devil, and he will flee from you." KNOW WHO YOU ARE. (and these days, don't advertise negativity, by having 666 in your username; even if it's not intentional, this is an occult forum in which that has a well-known negative connotation and seeing that, entites are curious beings just like you and will check you out. Why invite them in your direction?). As you think (and behave), so will you ATTRACT. Be innocent. "Be as wise as a serpent, and as INNOCENT as a dove." And... Kick some as*.
masha (9 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-29)
OH... After reading your story, I think that could be a really Bad Spirit... No need to be scared... It's better to face it...
999ATHAN666 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-29)
I have a question, is it possible that your ability might be lost due to some accident or head trauma? Like what I said in my comment earlier, I can sense and see things but it started to deteriorate when I fell down in our makeshift hammock with the back of my head banged on the concrete floor.
999ATHAN666 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-29)
Actually yes, there are couple of weird and creepy things that happened there. I can't post them because they are too short or I am too lazy to build up the story:P But some of these stories are...

There were nights (actually almost every night) that we hear someone or something preparing the table in the dining area; "they" were placing plates, glasses, and table utensils on the table. It doesn't sound weird, but hearing this during the wee hours of the night? I don't think so...

There was also this time where I slept in the middle room in that house (where our auntie, who is the owner and original occupant of the house, died). I was occupying that room because I wanted to be "independent" from my parents. I suddenly woke up for no reason. When I looked at the door, I saw a light on the slits of the door. I thought my parents were still outside their room and due to being already uneasy on that room, I decided to go outside my room and asked my parents if I could stay in their room just for the night. But when I opened the door, my parents weren't there. To make the situation worse, there was no light turned on. I almost wet myself that time. (T_T)

Fortunately, we already moved out of that house:) but the creepy things followed us on our new house (as what my youngest sister told us). To give a slight background, we are four siblings in the family, 3 girls and I'm the only boy. Our oldest sister can sense and slightly see these things. Followed by me, who can also sense and see things, then the 3rd sibling who luckily did not have the ability, and the youngest who can see, talk and play with these things.

She told us that her "friends" followed us in our new house. My father told us that he once woke up in the middle of the night seeing our youngest sister, who was 7 or 8 yo by that time, looking outside the window and staring at the front gate. He told us that our sister whispered to him to be quiet because "they" are at the gate. DAMN! I guess "they" were the ones responsible on our first night on that house which I will post a lil later...
osnapitsDebra (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-29)
Man that was scary! Maybe you should research about your house or maybe even your neighborhood. What about the people who lived there before you? Did you ever feel uneasy in your house? Hope you don't see that anymore 😨

-Debra ❤
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
999ATHAN666, It could be the same one showing itself to your family in spurts. I'm not exactly sure what to say though. Go to a local library and look up mythological creatures. It may give you some insight as to what it is and wants. Good Luck!
999ATHAN666 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
I was 7 years old when that happened, seeing these kinds of things runs in my father's side of the family. I used to see things when I was a kid but not as vivid as this one. Yes I'm sure that I'm not misinterpreting her expression, I know my mom very well to tell whether she is denying or not. Actually that incident scared the hell out of me that by just remembering it makes me sleep with the lights on (even now that I'm already 23).
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
999ATHAN666 - I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. Have you seen this thing again or was this a one time occurrence only? You said you were in elementary when this happened. How old were you when it happened?

I can't answer for your mom, but when my little boy asks me a question that I can't answer, I give him a look that he may misunderstand. Especially when he asks me repeatedly and I still am unable to give him the answer he is looking for, no matter how many times he asks the question and no matter how many different ways he presents it. Are you sure you are not misinterpreting your mom's expression?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: