You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Bed Bugs

Real Ghost Stories

Bed Bugs

 

When I was in 1st grade (1990/1991?) I remember this one night I had fallen asleep. I woke back up sometime late that night. I wasn't scared or anything. Then, I felt like something might have touched my arm or my side under the blanket. I think it didn't worry me because nothing was there. The room was somewhat lit because my bed was next to a decent sized window and even with blinds the street light shined through some.

So I get under the sheets to sleep. I'm almost asleep and then I open my eyes and see (what I'd describe as) large crickets crawling on me. It's almost like I could feel them crawling on me too, that was the scary part! By large, I mean roughly 6 inches in length per cricket/insect. All over me, even my face.

I ripped the sheet off and jumped out of bed. I threw some toys at the bed. I yelled for my mom. She came out very pissed because I woke her up. Either I had turned the lights on or she had. When those lights came on I EXPECTED to see something there. I was convinced something was crawling on me. But I went and looked myself and there was nothing there or under the bed.

I even remember to this day how vividly real I thought the bugs were. I'm pretty sure they were crickets or something resembling such an insect but much larger than they normally would be. This happened in Phoenix, AZ. We never had a bug infestation and I haven't had a phobia of insects, so I don't know what really happened.

With as many as there were and their size I really honestly thought I would see them when the light came on, even when my mom came in I thought I would be able to prove what I saw but alas, nothing was there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, steven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-21)
Possibly a bad dream. Hope everything's ok now. All the best to you.
SheWolf (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
I get that every other month, sometimes even more vivid than what you described, except their roaches 😠. It is very realistic and disgusting, but its nothing paranormal, It is just the brain. Sometimes I even get "bitten" by the roaches and jump, and then their all gone, Its really nasty, even thou nothing is there.

~She Wolf~
soundofwhite (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-04)
it was night terrors:)
I get them to.
Sometimes its rats, sometimes its spiders or cockroaches.
I used to get them every few weeks but lately I havnt had one in a while.
I usually "wake" up and feel something on me and I can see all these spiders/rats etc crawling all over my bed.
I duno why I don't react worse though because I HATE spiders lol.
But usually for some reason my brain thinks just lay still and they won't know your awake. Sometimes I quickly jump out of bed and turn the light on. But nothings ever there.
myst3ri0usn0is3 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-22)
I live in the same area and often get that feeling but not quite as severe. I can even feel my hair being pulled. It's actually kind of funny that there's nothing there.
milmo99 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
thats weird my mum told me something like this, she said one morning that the night before she felt like brushing and crawling on her face witch creeped me a little because I was 10, but anyway keep remindidng youreself its not real there probably is something there but pretend its not it helps! 😊
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
God, the same thing happened to me when I was little! I was around three or four... It was late at night. And all of a sudden I'm wide awake and there's this huge trantula climbing on the wall! I stared at it, but didn't scream. I kept watching it until it disapeared into the wall. Isn't that scary? I started screaming and my mom got real mad and told me to go back to sleep. A few minutes later, I start crying again. My dad came this time. I was about to tell him the trantula incident, but then I stared at the fleas on his shirt! There were hundreds of them proably. I pointed at his shirt and started screaming, but he claimed that he didn't see anything. I know it sounds so much like a dream, but it felt so extremely real.

So what do you think? Our stories are kind of similar, huh?
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I enjoyed reading it. I would say at night time you go through strange things like spirits/ghosts they can contact you in your dreams because your mind is open. At night time it just the same strange things can happen. Like I have something breathing on me, something touching my hair, something flying past me, something poking and all that. I can feel that as well like bugs are crawling on me such as spiders I always have to wake up and look. Every night before I go bed I have to look to see if there is anything before I go bed and to sleep. I look at my walls, under my pillows in my bed every night before I get in to bed and turn the light off. I feel like things are crawling on me but there nothing there I think it called getting paranoid You can say that again. 😐 😊
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear steven,

I know about shadow type animals, and it is possible that there could be shadow insects. One certainly hears about such episodes when one is trying to withdraw from addictions like alcohol and drugs. I think they are related to the dark side or lower end and road of life. It may also have been as Shane stated in his comment, a lucid dream. Many times, we are dreaming something that seems so 3D physical real, but it is but a dream... Or is it? Ha,Ha!--Abby
Buck1984 (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-02)
i can't say I disagree with you guys. I just remember it feeling so real. Just thought I'd share. Thanks for the input
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-02)
i agree with shane when I was younger I had a dream about spiders that lived in my cubboard and they flowed out and crawled all over me. I ran to my parents room because it seemed so real.
Good luck-Harry 😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Thank you for sharing your story with us Steven. Can't say I have ever heard of ghost bugs before. I am inclined to believe you had a lucid dream and felt that you were still awake.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: