You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hotel Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Hotel Ghost

 

I visited a hotel in Ireland with my girlfriend. We were both 21. It was our 4th anniversary of our first date, so we decided to go on a short holiday. When we arrived at the hotel, it didn't seem very clean, especially on the outside. The walls were a faded brown colour and the windows were pretty dirty. But the staff and other people there were friendly, so we decided to stay anyway.

While I was checking in (my girlfriend was down the hall a bit sitting on a seat), the lady behind the desk said to me, "Ignore the first room on your floor with no number". So, naturally I agreed, but after telling my girlfriend, she decided not to. So that night, in bed, she told me she looked through the keyhole of the first room and saw a lady in white, in the corner, with her back facing the door. The room had also appeared to be empty, with no windows or furniture.

So the next day my girlfriend woke early and did the same thing; looked through the keyhole. This time, saw nothing but a red, large circle like shape. So she went down to reception and asked about it, and the lady said that years and years ago when the hotel originally opened, a husband murdered his wife in that room.

So while this was going on downstairs, I was upstairs sleeping, when suddenly, my girlfriend comes barging in shouting "Get up, we're leaving, now!". I asked why, and she told me, and I'll quote her exact words: "The lady at the front desk told me about the first room. The people living there wore white clothes, had white skin... But red eyes."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, goonerleemc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
Dark;
Echoing BJJ's comment from a few months ago, I believe this story has been debunked for a few years now and since they haven't posted anything in retaliation to the fake comments, we're going to go that this one is not real. Unfortunately these stories get through a few times but we usually figure it out.
dark-n-demented (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
dude that's a creepypasta story. Couldn't you do better than that for real?
DennisSt-V (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
I believed it... Up until the part that you said you stayed in a dirty hotel... 😳 😳 😳
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
Not much point in calling out a story this old though lol. It looks to have been pretty thoroughly outted when it was posted in 2013. πŸ˜‰
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
M1cr0b1al: when in need of a "thumb-down" just call for the BS blanket. πŸ˜†
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
I read this story on twitter 2 days ago... Good effort though... You can't pull the wool over our (red) eyes... Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
I have read the same story in different version on scaryforkids website...
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
At least be somewhat original with your lies. This horribly over-told "scary story" is everywhere.

Really, how difficult would it be to tell a fake story that is original?

If only we had the option to "Thumb-Down" or "Dislike" a story on this site.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
I'm going to echo that others here. On this site (pretty sure) or somewhere else, I read a similar story. I'm holding off on the BS blankie until the OP could explain himself.

Valkricry,
I had to laugh at what you mentioned about Amihet's comment.

Amihet,
I, also, understood what you meant but funny all the same.
Didos89 (5 stories) (17 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
To be honest, I do not believe this Story...
Because:
My sister told the same thing, when she read it somewhere online, but in german! Well, nearly the same thing...
The story is:
"A man is driving a lonely road... See's a girl Walking on the street and takes her to the next village. He stops, before he reaches the village, however. And the girl ran away from him into the forest.
The man decided, that he would follow her into the forest (what is a girl supposed to do there all alone?)
So he found a house there and saw, how the door was closed. So he went after it and looked through the keyhole. He saw a girl sitting in front of the wall, her back to him. He went around the house and found another door with a keyhole. He looked again inside it and saw only someting red on the other side of the keyhole... And he ran away... Only to find two women Walking that street up and asked them about the girl...
And they told him, that the girl had red eyes, when she was killed..."

Well, it was something like this...

Cheers
Didos
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Oh my gosh, Amihet, I am laughing so hard. If you stuck your head in a closet and shut the door - wouldn't that lop your head off? I knew what you meant though. I can just see you trying to explain your little experiment to hubby though. Too cute!
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
I agree with Val, a room without any windows would be pitch black and impossible to see anything through a key hole. Try sticking your head into a pitch black closet and shut the door or look through the key hole, you can't see a darn thing, I know because I just tried it and my husband caught me. He thought I was losing my mind but he had a good chuckle when I explained to him as to why I was doing it.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Hmmmm...I don't know. I've never been told to 'ignore a room' in any hotel. I've been asked to 'excuse the mess, we're remodeling', but it seems strange that unprompted a hotel clerk would say such a thing. Especially a room without a number assigned to it. Also it strikes me odd that one could see anything through a key hole into a room with no windows, or apparent source of light. Odder, that one would stoop to spying through the keyhole a second time.
Like I said, I don't know what to make of it.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Well at least no one can say we called it a load of rubbish. The best part about this site is the creative response everyone gives to loads of...er...creative stories.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
crf: No I live in Las Vegas, NV. I was making a reference to a hotel Miracles and I stayed in over the weekend πŸ˜†. Not a haunted place, that I know of. We went on a private investigation of Hill View Manor on 6/29th. Stories will follow, so I don't want to take away from this person's experience. 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Hi, the girl friend peeped into the keyhole and saw a white figure on the first day and on the second, saw a red shape. Then why should she leave the moment she heard anything from the receptionist. What was that was so scary that you have to vacate immediately. Hmmm. I am skeptical. Sounds like some kind of hearsay story. I don't mean offence.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
zzsgranny you live in New Castle? I live close to there. What hotel are you talking about?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Okay I have to admit, I was skeptical about this story too, especially the red eyes part, so I googled it before I edited it and put it on here. I couldn't find it anywhere else. Granted, I didn't spend a lot of time searching because I thought getting to the other stories queue were far more important πŸ˜† But I did look before publishing it.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
I've read this story somewhere else too. I guess on the same site or somewhere on the internet. πŸ˜• πŸ€”
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Hmmm...The description of this hotel seems eerily similar to one in New Castle, Pennsylvania. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Perhaps they suffered from anemia and eye infection? 😜
I do not understand the reason why the receptionist would bother to tell you to ignore the room with no number if, after all, it could had been a storage room or a 'staff only' area and there wouldn't be necessary to explain to the guests that they should keep away from it.

I'm glad no one poked at your girlfriend's eye from the other side of the door while spying through the keyhole.

Thanks for sharing.
BrandX (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
ummmmm I heard this story before its a urban legend πŸ˜•so yeah nice

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: