You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Lies Under The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

It Lies Under The Bed

 

I'm so excited I've found a website to share this story on! I was probably about 4 years old (I'm now 22) when I was sleeping over at my cousins' house, where I stayed quite often being an only child. It was great being able to play with kids my own age. Anyway, this was at a house where they don't live any more, don't quite remember exactly where it was either.

I lied down on the mattress in the middle of my cousins' shared room, and not too long after we all decided to go to sleep. I remember opening my eyes to see under my cousins' bed. And to my surprise and horror, I saw a pale white face, kind of resembling a mime, with his hands kind of straight across as if there was a table he was leaning on, and his head sort of tilted to the side, just staring at me. I don't have the greatest memory of it, but I won't ever forget that face.

I screamed and I screamed but no one heard me. I'm not sure what happened next but I remember waking up in my aunty and uncle's bed, and I just kind of assumed it was a dream or something.

Years later the memory of that face become distant, until when I was about 13, two of my cousins and I stayed up late one night telling ghost stories. They haven't lived in the house where I had that nightmare in years. This is the second house since that one. Anyway, I haven't told anyone the story of the white face, until one of my cousins told me the exact same story in the same room and place when she was sleeping over at that house.

Needless to say, we were too freaked out to tell any more ghost stories that night. Unfortunately, as we were too young to remember the exact location of the house, we can't do any research to see if there's been any deaths in the house. We only remember what area it was in. But,, it was so long ago, the house could be knocked down and rebuilt by now, so we're only left with the memory of the thing that lays under the bed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rachen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
This is creepier to me than some of the other stories i've read for some reason. Be interesting to hear the family members stories.
Cetic (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
It's scary how we are always assured that there is nothing under our beds by our parents, or us to our children, when there are instances like this that happen. I would DEFINATELY be scarred for life if I saw someone under my bed! 😨
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
We both have something in common is that we are only child. It's really creepy about under the bed things that why I have to run to jump in bed what a 40 year old doing that lol. 😆
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Hi Rachen, welcome to YGS. I wanted to suggest the same idea that lady-glow did already. You can ask your uncle or aunt and if the house is still there, then you can start your investigation or research. That could give you some clues or insight into what went on in that room.

Please post us any developments.

Thanks for sharing. Nice narration.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Creepy story! Mimes are creepy!

I agree with lady -glow. Ask your aunt and uncle. They might even have stories about the place you don't know. If there were scary things going on, they might well have kept it from you kids.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
Welcome to YGS.
Have you asked your uncle and aunt about the address of that old house? - You wouldn't have to say the reason why you want to know, but probably one of them remembers that information.

Anyway, I can imagine how freaky it was to see that face under the bed.

Great story, thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: