You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Double Or Evil Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

My Double Or Evil Ghost?

 

Let me get straight to the story. I am 21 years old and stay with my parents. I have a two year old son but at the time when this occurred he was only a few months old.

Being a new mom you are, most of the time, very drained and all you want is sleep. Well, one night my mom offered to take the baby for the night so I could get my full night's rest. Being as sleep deprived as I was, I didn't hesitate one bit. Well, my son being only about 2 months old, woke up regularly for his feeds during the night. As my mom woke up at about 6am for his final feed, I had gotten up for college.

Now her bedroom is at the end of the house down a long passage. Also, the bathroom is right outside her bedroom door, so naturally when she heard my slippers coming down the hallway she called out to me to take the baby, dress him, feed him and bring him back to her before I left for college. She called out but I did not respond, so she leaned over in her bed that way she could see right down the passage and there she saw what she thought was me standing looking at her, pressed up against the wall looking at her. She said, "What are you doing?" before realizing the girl standing there was not me but looked exactly like me just with a different blank kind of look on its face. She turned over in her bed in fear and held my baby before noticing it was gone.

Later I got up, went to the bathroom as usual, feeling great after a full night's sleep and that was when she had told me what had happened.

When I first bought my baby home I always felt like someone, particularly an old man, was watching, standing over his crib and was sometimes to afraid to go into the room were he slept so I moved him in with me. Things have been a little better now. I don't feel a presence anymore since we had the house blessed.

What could this have been? Any help would be appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Micky1hay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
Hello micky,
A mimic spirit is an interesting theory. I agree with the others. Its chilling to the bone at the thought of a spirit being able to do so. I have never experienced that. Great story.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
Hi Micky, I agree with the majority that the old man could be a family member guarding your son. As far as the girl that looked like you and spiritis that can mimic, scares me because my parents experienced it 30 years ago. I will be posting this in the near future. Glad to hear that things are better and thank you for sharing your experience. Take Care.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
Hey, Micky. Valkricry's theory on the mimic spirit is quite an interesting one. I've never thought of it like that before but it is very possible. I'm just curious if this mimic is doing this in a considerate manner or if its trying to deceive for malicious purposes...

Thanks for sharing!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-07)
I have the same views as the others. The older man could have been a protector of some sort. The woman your mother saw, I'm not sure off but I'm glad your blessed the house. Just make sure to do it every once in awhile because like how the human body and other things on earth could be worn down, the blessings could also be worn down by human emotions and things of this world trying to get in (not trying to scare you but just saying). I suggest you and your family keep up with the blessing once in awhile.

My cousin and his wife have two sets of twins and an adopted niece that are all a year about (8, 7, and 6 years old) and I babysit them sometimes and they can be a real handful. I seriously don't know how my cousin and his wife do it (and they have a Great Dane, also).
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your story.
Perhaps the girl your mother saw was you having astral projection, but even your soul was tired for lack of sleep... 😜

I admire you for having the strength to be a new mother and staying in college, none of them is an easy task, but doing both things at the same time -Wow!

Take care.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Hi Micky, welcome to YGS! Since you don't feel a presence anymore after a house blessing, evidently the spirits you experienced have moved on.
The girl in the passage, may have been a mimic spirit. They tend to take on the form of people living in the house. (One theory for this is it allows them to interact/move about without causing as much of a commotion.)
Now the old man, he sounds harmless to me. Perhaps a passed on relative? Just checking out the new little one, or as Fergie suggested a guardian. The thing is, I'm not sure if you were scared because of vibes he gave off or if it was because you didn't understand what was going on.
No matter, it sounds like it is over and done with now. 😊
You have a 2 year old, and Fergie thinks you're getting more rest? Ha-Ha, good luck with that. 😉
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Hi Micky, welcome to YGS. Did you ever think that the old man that you saw, might have been your son's 'guardian'? It may have been scary to you; I fully understand a mother's instinct to protect her young, but he didn't sound threatening to me.

As for the girl in the passage - I have no clue, sorry.

Thank you for sharing, and I hope you get more sleep now. 😆
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
If you think the ghost/spirit/entity/etc is a demon or something, tell it to get out, especially if you mention God or Jesus. That's supposed to help a lot. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: