You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Sounds And Opening Doors

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Sounds And Opening Doors

 

June 8, 2013 - I apologize in advance for how disjointed this is.

I'm not wasting any time before I post this. I've been reading many stories on this site and I've been trying to be as rational as possible but this just can't be explained.

It may sound silly but it was enough to send me running downstairs to my parents' room, where I was hiding out while writing this (I'm 21 and this feels ridiculous).

Could someone offer an explanation as to how my bedroom door (a HEAVY wooden double door) would just open inwards on its own?

I heard strange noises. Like men arguing or shouting as I approached the door but I dismissed it thinking it could be sounds from the street or something.

Just a few weeks ago I saw the scary face of an old woman a few seconds before a male voice spoke into my right ear something along the lines of "let me introduce myself". I was wide awake, sitting in bed. This, of course, terrified me and I haven't slept in there since. I've been sleeping on the floor or couch or guest room or anywhere else I can.

So after hiding for a while I gathered enough courage to go upstairs again, asking my little sister to go in with me. I figured I'd rather face whatever was up there before the sun went down.

We found that the balcony door was also open. If this had been wind, a strong, very strong gust of wind (in the summer, 41 degree Celsius weather!) it might explain why the balcony door was blown open. But how on earth does it explain why my bedroom door opened!? The wind would need to be blowing on the other side, so if anything it would shut the door, not open it! - a fact my sister pointed out.

My sister had also been telling me she hears strange noises coming from my room. My brother, who sleeps in the room directly beneath it, said the same thing. He claims he hears weird bangs (at times when I'm fast asleep or not in the room), while my sister says she hears sounds of a strong wind moving around my room.

I did get chilly in there, back when I actually used to sleep in there. One strange occurrence that kept taking place was that I'd place a glass or bottle of warm water next to my bed and when I woke up it would be really cold like I'd just taken it out of the fridge. Maybe there's a normal explanation for this?

Thank you all for taking time to read this.

Other hauntings by Meneiny

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Meneiny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-03)
Meneieny try to get the lanlord or owner to divulge some information about that house it's probably got a history of misfortunes. But all those stories about you hearing people arguing and doors creaking open is creepy.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-18)
Sounds to me like you may be quite sensitive or in tune with the spirit world Meneiny as well as other members of your family. A lot of people consider it a gift and are able to take control of it. I know in Egypt these gifts are not widely accepted and even considered "evil" but I don't agree with that. (I've been married to an Egyptian for 25 years last Tuesday and have a somewhat limited knowledge about your beliefs over there) I don't think you're "almost out of options" but think that if you could find some type of guidance to help you get a handle on this you'll have a clear picture of what you can and can't do. And this is the perfect place to find that guidance. There are some fabulous people here that I'm sure would be more than happy to help you. I wish I could help but I just don't have the abilities or gift that some of the fine folks here have and am not qualified. Sorry.
Meneiny (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-11)
Hi Kiego,

We've lived in this house for around 3 years. The strange noises and eerie feeling have been there since day one. The doors opening on their own is more recent though (as is the voice that spoke to me). Actually, more strange occurrences have been taking place since my siblings moved out that are a bit disturbing.
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-09)
Well it definitely sounds like something that would creep anyone out. I have a couple questions for you Meneiny, how long have you lived in this particular house? And how long has this been going on? Is it something that's been happening since you've lived there or is it something that recently started up. Something may have triggered the happenings if its recent.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: