You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Mother's Voice

Real Ghost Stories

A Mother's Voice

 

Our family travelled to Hardanger fjord in Norway in the holiday several years ago. I was about 11 years when the incident happened and my younger brother was 7. I am 15 now.

We stayed at an old house by the fjord. A house that in the past was a shop. The house contained many christian objects like paintings of Jesus, crosses, etc. The owners of the place were a very old couple.

My mother and father were taking a boat to fish out on the fjord, while I and my brother were playing at our room. In the room a window stood open, and the garden was just under there. Suddenly we both heard mom calling for us outside of the garden. We both looked up at each other and shouted back "Yes, we are coming now."

I thought to myself, "What a short fishing trip." It was as we came running out of the house, but no one was there, not mom not dad.

I walked towards the entrance of the house again, and looked at the fjord, and there in the little boat both mom and dad sat fishing. They were too far away to call us, it was impossible to hear them from that far.

Then my mom suddenly called me, asking me why we just stood there in the garden. Me and my brother were both confused as we both had heard her calling for us from the garden. As my parents came back, my mom told me she had worried for us that we were all alone there, and just as she thought that we both came running out of the house.

Have anyone had any similar experiences?, I really want to know if this has happened before. Me and my brother still clearly remember, and it was a very weird experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SunivaTaesun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SunivaTaesun (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
thank you for great explanetions, I think myself that its like a mother to child "bond", thanks for interesting comments.
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
I think it's more likely to be a doppleganger - a spirit that mimics people. People are known to hear a person's voice - like your mother
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-11)
Experiments have proven that ESP works best between people who are close, such as spouses or parents and children.

I think, just to be on the safe side, you and your brother should never try to get anything past your mom. She'll know! 😆
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-10)
I agree with Swimsinfire. Makes for a very reasonable explanation.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-10)
I don't know whether it's from a ghost or not, but i've heared of a lot of families who have either been aware of he situations family members have been in, or actually heared a voice calling them to go this place or that. Actually, I think people were meant to do that all the time, but now we have phones so that ability has atrophied some.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: