You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Turning Locks And Opening Doors

Real Ghost Stories

Turning Locks And Opening Doors

 

In my house there seems to be something obsessed with doors and locks. It all started on the back porch. The porch is enclosed and there are two doors that both lead outside. The first door (that we don't use) always seemed to open when it was definitely shut. I'll explain how everything would happen. We would walk past and the door would be shut. When we would go out sometime later, the door would be opened a little. It got to the point that my dad became so annoyed about it that he screwed it shut.

Now this event happened one night during summer 2012. My brother and I were the only ones up and he asked me if I would lock the front door. There are two locks, the one on the doorknob and a dead bolt. I locked the door and went back into my room to use my computer. A couple hours had passed and my brother came up to my door and said that he thought I locked the door. I said I did. But he got annoyed because the door wasn't locked. I got up to look and both locks were unlocked. I thought he had done it for some weird reason only he could understand. When I looked at him, though, he looked really annoyed that the doors weren't locked. I just thought whatever, maybe it was me and I had thought I locked them when I really didn't.

Later in the year, though, my dad was doing something outside and got locked out. Also, if your sitting in the living room you can hear someone playing with the locks. Of course, you go look and no one is there.

I have always thought there was something on both porches and outside in the yard (that's another story). I'm kind of afraid that whatever is playing with the locks and doors might be trying to let something in.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, and thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kris0912, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-11)
I second kiego. Let's hear it for the mods! I was out of touch for one day and came back to a ton of new stories.

Kris, it's relatively common for ghosts to play with door locks, so I wouldn't stress about it too much. At the same time, though, I'm a big believer in trusting your instincts. If you really feel there's something dangerous trying to come in, by all means take steps to protect your home.

One of the members here, Rook, has a cleansing ritual that a lot of people highly recommend. I'd try that. Even if there's nothing out there, if it makes you feel better then it's accomplished something.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-10)
Kris0912, I don't believe its trying to let anything in. I believe it could simply be fond of playing tricks. It may just get a good laugh from it all. 😊
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-09)
These events remind me of what my family used to go through at my grandmas old trailer. Ill save that story for when the Mods are done editing what they already have right now. BTW, let's here it for the MODS because if anyone is paying as close attention to it as I am they're pushing these stories out pretty quick.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: