You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Also Happened To Me

Real Ghost Stories

It Also Happened To Me

 

I have been reading stories on this site and I read a recent one that explained how (she or he I can't remember) would see a big shadow and then it would disappear leaving the smell of cigarettes or smoke. Well something similar happened to me, my cousin and my boyfriend (they smelled the cigarettes and I saw the shadow). So this is the story.

I was sleeping over at my cousin's house and in the past she always told me stories that when she lived in her other house, she would always smell a strong scent of cigarettes (also nobody in her family smokes) so she said that she thought it was the owner that used to live there. He had passed away about 9 or 10 years ago. This guy used to smoke a lot, she knew this because her dad knew him. So we all thought that it was the ex-owner of their house until about 1 year ago they moved out and in their new house and she would always smell the same smell. My cousin and I thought that the spirit maybe followed them into their new house but I didn't understand why he would follow them.

So one night I slept over with my boyfriend and I was in their kitchen and we decided to play Uno (it was me, my cousin Roby, her brother Fede and my boyfriend Peppe), and since everybody's lazy, I got up to get the cards. On my way to Roby's room in the hallway I felt weird (now with all the stuff that has happened to me I now know that when I feel weird, that means I'm not alone) so I turned on the light but I still felt weird walking down that hallway so I just went fast.

I went into her room, got the cards and went back into the hallway (her room is right beside her brother's, so to get to the kitchen I have to pass his room). While passing his room it was like something made me look into his room and I saw a tall black figure with a hat and I could feel that it was a man. So I just rushed back to the kitchen and gave my boyfriend that look like, "Shiat, I saw something." He just gave me a look back saying, "What happened?" so with my finger I indicated to him "I'll tell you later."

That night my boyfriend slept in Roby's room and Roby and I slept on the floor in the living room. Since we had to wake up at 5am because we were going jogging, I set my alarm. As soon as it rang I opened my eyes and just laid there on my side facing my cousin and I couldn't move because for some reason I was so scared. I woke up my cousin and waited for her to turn the light on because I couldn't turn around. I had this strong feeling as if there was someone or something behind me just standing there and staring at me as I slept and the only thing I could think of was, "I already saw that shadow and it wasn't pleasant, there is no way I'm turning around just in case I see something nasty and I really don't want to see that."

When Roby and I were awake, I went to wake up Peppe and he told me that all night he felt as if someone was watching him and smelt that nasty smell of cigarettes (for some reason I don't smell it and never have smelled it while staying there).

One month later my brother came to Italy from Canada and I told him about my story and he said, "Cool you saw a shadow person." I'm like "What?" He said, "A shadow person!" A few months ago I was searching the net and I came onto this site that explained what shadow people are so I went on it and read all about them and I guess I saw a shadow person and the thing that freaked me out was that the site had a few pictures and I found a picture of what I saw. So I thought... Well I actually didn't know what to think. So now that I read the story that other people have seen these shadow people and have smelled cigarettes after it's gone, I finally have the truth of what is following my cousin.

It is, and always has been, a shadow person but the good thing is that it's never hurt her or her family but at times it bother's her by making noises and I've noticed that when she sleeps over at my house, she can sleep anywhere but in my room. (Oh yeah, I have I think 2 or 3 spirits in my room but they never bother me. I know though that they don't like my cousin Roby but they didn't say why, I guess I know why now.)

Other hauntings by mimissa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Italy

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mimissa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lostghostgal (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
I have same Problem not the shadow people but cigarette Smoke I was in my room use computer and I smell something my mom don't smoke and step dad smoke but only outside anyway in my room I smell it then relax I know who it was and it was my daddy came to visiting in spirit which he died in april 2nd 1990 so never seen a shadow people before but heard all the time about them. I hope you and your family is save.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
Actually rotten eggs smell like sulphur, cigarettes don't really. In all the things I've read over the years, the smell of sulphur is rarely mentioned.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
Hey there! According to me, what you call the smell of cigarettes is actually the smell of sulphur, I can't be sure though. I have heard that supernatural entities leave traces of sulphur wherever they go, not always, but they do. Plus, the smell of sulphur resembles a lot to the smell of cigarette smoke too. So just wondering if that could be the case. About your cousin, she should definitely get her house cleansed instead of waiting for something bad to happen. Hope to know from you soon, thanks.
-Shady
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-11)
It's interesting that a lot of different people would smell cigarette smoke with shadow people but that it's not universal -- you don't smell it yourself, for one. Also, the "hatman" people talk about, is it the general consensus that he is also a shadow person?

I'm going to have to think about this some more. Let me ask you a question: does the smell of cigarettes have any special connotation for those who smell it? Something going back before they encountered the shadow people? Maybe they knew someone violent who smoked or lost a loved one to cancer?
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-10)
mimissa, please do more research on shadow people. My mom as a child had horrible experiences with "Shadow people" and up until recently still. All the research I have done on my moms behalf hasnt given me any postive results. Meaning they arent good. They can suck life out of you slowly, make you ill, cause electrical malfunctions etc. If you go back please have the house cleansed and blessed for your and others safety. Good luck. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: