You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Former Doll Owners

Real Ghost Stories

Former Doll Owners

 

My friend Margaret, (She's in her late 80's), is experiencing some problems. She loves dolls. She just bought a ton of dolls at an auction. They were from around the early 1800's.

A couple nights ago, she had them all spread out on her dining room table, and she left them there when she went to bed. About 12:00 that morning, she heard a noise, and she woke up, and got out of bed to go see what it was. As she walked through the hall and into the dining room, she saw a little boy sitting at her table. She walked a little closer, and saw that the whole side of his face was burned, like maybe he had been caught in a fire? So she started shaking her cane at him and started yelling at him, saying things like, "Who are you? What are you doing in my house?" And so on. The little boy looked up at her, stood up, then disappeared.

This, of course, startled her, and she spun around to go back through the hall. Now her den is right next to her dining room. As she spun around, something caught her eye in the den. She looked in again, and saw a man staying above her coffee table looking at something. She started yelling again, and the man immediately disappeared.

Okay, that was a couple nights ago. Now last night, she was sleeping, and around 5:00am, she heard a noise, and woke up again. This time to see a young lady, in a pre civil war type skirt (full length and such). The lady had a small, fine paintbrush in her hand, and it looked like she was painting the mirror that Margaret has on her wall. Margaret started yelling at her, and she disappeared.

She eventually fell back asleep, when at 7:00am, she woke up and saw a young black girl, about 14 maybe, standing at the end of her bed. She was wearing the same type of dress. The girl looked like she was looking down at something near Margaret's feet. Again. Margaret yelled at her, adn the ghost disappeared.

She's pretty freaked out, and she can't figure out why this is happening. I think it has something to do with the dolls. That day after the sighting of the little boy and the man, she packed all the dolls up and put them away in a spare room. I think these ghosts might be the owners of these dolls, and their just looking for them. We have tried to convince her that she needs to try to talk to them, but she refuses.

Any advice, or help explaining any of this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

InspiredByHawthorn (6 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
Dolls were originally made to house the souls of spirits, ever wonder why dolls are hollow?
She probably brought possesed dolls into her house. Spirits will attatch themselves to dolls that most resembled them in life.
Unless something big happens she's probably in no real danger.
InspiredByHawthorn (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
Dolls were originally designed to hold spirits... They attach themselves to the dolls they looked like in life... You know, like the older glass or ceramic ones that break when you drop them? ❤
majikflute (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
I'm not trying to sound trite but Margaret should begin with a thorough medical evaluation. Ruling out any medical issues (sometimes medication can cause hallucinations or vivid dreams) she may call a local paranormal investigative team. But I really would start with the medical.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Brittany - I agree with you totally there. I have always heard and read about ghosts having a connection with a particular item (mostly one that they had owned during their life time) and I also agree that its possible their related in some way.

Now as far as my opinion on the story. I have always thought that older dolls have that creepy sense about them. Not sure why, just never felt comfortable being in the same room as them, and the ghosts may have something to do with them (previous owners, or had some sort of connection in another way) I would say to try and figure out if the ghosts have shown up to your friend at all since then and how those ones acted or if they were the same ones as before.

Peace
JustCurious
GML9 (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Wow she has seen a lot of ghosts,? Most people would struggle to see that many in a life time.
Tabby_Cat (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
The ghosts really don't seem like a threat. If she has never seen these ghosts before she took the dolls home, then they most likely belonged to those people. They probably want their dolls back. I'm not really a ghost hunter, but try some of the suggestions these people have made. If your friend is willing to give up the dolls, I would suggest giving them either back to the ghosts or sell them to whoever else will take them (I sure wouldn't). But if she truely wants to keep the dolls, she's going to have to talk to the ghosts. That's the only way to get rid of them. She needs to tell them that these are her dolls now and they don't belong to these people anymore. She is the rightful owner. She needs to tell them to go away.
blackrabbit (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
This is why I hate dolls and refuse to have any in my house EVER. Dolls freak me out. My sister has dolls and they freak me out. There was one doll from our childhood that really freaked us out, it even would bite your finger. It looked evil. Once the posting page is back up I'll post about that doll, it scared the bajesus out us when we were kids.

On the other side of the coin though I do have a teddy bear that was given to me by our landlady the day my mom brought me home from the hospital after I was born. I've had it ever since, almost 33 years now. Its pretty beat up. I plan to give it to my first grandchild when that day comes. I wonder though if after I'm gone I'll come back looking for it. 😊
lindamichelle1 (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
take the dolls out of the house for a night or 2 and see if she sees anything else.

thats a really freaky story
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-01)
There are times where objects can carry an energy of previous owners or care givers to the object. This may be what is occuring. The dolls may have been very special to one or more of the sntities and/or may have an attachment to them in some way.

I would agree with you, but instead of just talking to them, she should tell them to leave. Have her tell them she refuses to let them frighten her any longer, say a prayer and tell them to cross over, she is the owner and care taker of the dolls now.

God Bless!
pahaunted (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
Hi Solidwolf,
I have been posting on this site on behalf of the Penn State Paranormal Research Society. They are a large organization that helps people in need or paranormal intervention. They are an accomplished group that literally tours the country helping people. We actually did a case that involved a talking doll and the cases range anywhere from dealing with everyday paranormal activity to people who are visted by true evil. PRS will be visiting the Maine area in the next 2 weeks and we actually have someone there for the next 2 days visiting another family. If you are interested in any help or advice, please contact me asap at pahaunted [at] yahoo.com
We are here to help...

I look forward to hearing from you,

David
Brittany (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
the ghosts are probably people who have some connection with the dolls. My guess is all of them are all from the pre-civil war period. They are a family. My guess is the woman made the dolls and the man and child are her husband and son. The little black girl was probably one of their slaves. I don't feel that they would have been mean slave owners. I think that the woman made the dolls and sold them. The little black girl must have liked them too. I guess that there was a fire and the little boy went to get his moms dolls and when he made it back out, he was too burned up to survive. I am pretty sensitive/psychic and that story just popped in my head. I don't feel that they will be a threat to the elderly lady. I would tell her that she can co-exist with them. They mean her no harm. If they start to get violent I would seek out a ghost hunting expert, but until then tell her to tell them to quit waking her up at night. Sometimes this works.
Christian (guest)
-1
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
They are evil I tell ya! Burn them! Burn them! I especially don't like dolls like that!
Shailyn (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-08)
All dolls have a dark past. And realy old dools that have been owned before, probably have the sperit from their formor owners. The person that has the doll, is now part of the doll. I have a doll a victorian Doll named Emily, she was named after a executed vampire. She freaks me out a lot also. These things do happen.
matt (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
i'm not one to jump to conclusions, however, it could be the fact that she is old/ senile, but I'd stick to the dolls because she is not that old and it's just started.
whitney-dampier (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-22)
It does have to do with the dolls. I had a doll when I was very little. One night I had a very terrifying dream about her. SHe was chasing me and killed my family. I hated that doll ever since. I gave her to my school teacher And she had night mares about the doll to. SHe gave the doll back to me . I gave her to a friend of mine and she had night mares as well. I burried that doll. ANd now no one has dreams about her because she is very veyr gone. whitney~ email me if any questions winny_whit [at] yahoo.com
kevin (guest)
-2
17 years ago (2007-01-21)
I say give her a fire arm, a 9mm should do (i may still be in grade school but I know allot about guns)
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
I think those ghosts appearing and dissapearing in Margaret's home have to do with the dolls. I do think that they were the owners maybe coming back to look for them. Have you ever considered that maybe the dolls could be made to look like those ghosts, I know it sounds really naive and it sounds like I don't know what I'm saying, but I do you know? I was thinking that maybe if you ever get a second chance to look at the dolls again or have your friend describe the ghosts to you, while you study the dolls, to see if maybe that they could look anything like those ghosts, which I doubt, but I am trying to help you out or maybe the ghosts are somehow attached to the dolls somehow. Well I did try to help you even if I do sound kind of dumb. well bye and thanks for listening
Ratterrier68 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
OMG, those dolls are soo creepy, yah.. I agree with you I think the dolls are the root of the problem....all I can tell you is, try to reason with the ghosts and then if they don't go away, get rid of those CREEPY dolls!
i hate dolls (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
my grandma has dolls and she said that if i'm lucky I might get them. I told my grandma that they are creapy, but she likes to scare people. soome she made, but others are like 50 years old. Creapy things like that happen there too. the connection. their not ghosts dolls are just the scariest things alive.
deadcorpse94 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-16)
That would really suck. I have something like this happen to me before. I found a coin and then all this weird stuff happened. I suggest that she burns those dolls or something not put them in the storage. Those dolls must have an unique past. It's best if she discards them because bad stuff, worse then that, can happen.
solidwolf19 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-16)
She loves them. She has them lined all around her house, and yeah, it's really creepy. But witht he dolls she just bought, she just packed them all up and stuffed them in the spare room.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-01-16)
Those victorian dolls from the 1800's-early 1900's creep me out so much. Now I have a few more good reasons not to allow any at my place!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: