You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Creepy Blue Room In My Grandparents Home

Real Ghost Stories

The Creepy Blue Room In My Grandparents Home

 

We used to rent my grandmother's house in Bothaville, South Africa. Before we rented the place I stayed at my grandparents home before my parents moved from Germiston (also in South Africa) to Bothaville. It was not really an old house, but creepy as hell! The floors of the house were wooden and not treated (it was raw wood).

If you came in the front door, there was a small parlor with two doors, one leading to the living room and the other to the hall. There was 3 bedrooms, one next to the parlor, the main bedroom right next to the first bedroom, then you would get the bathroom, the toilet and the third bedroom, across from the bathroom. It was in this room that I slept when I started living with my grandparents. If you walk down the hall you'd pass the living room, also with a door connecting the living room and hall directly, then into the dining room and kitchen.

As I said, when I started living with my grandparents I stayed in the bedroom across from the bathroom (we used to call it the Blue Room, because my grandmother, in a fit of stupidity, painted the whole room a dark blue). It was there that I had my first ghostly experience in that house (although not my first paranormal experience in my life). I used to sleep with tightly shut windows and bedroom-door at night, the bed was also quite high from the ground. I always felt creeped out in that room, but could not really explain why - until that night.

I was already in bed, lying on my left side, with my back to the door (which was closed) and saying my prayers - when suddenly I felt somebody blow in my neck. It was not the wind and that I am 100% sure of, since both the windows and door was closed and the breeze hitting my neck was pin-point - the same would happen if you would pucker your lips and blow on the back of your hand. It was as if, whoever blew in the back of my neck invited me to turn around. I was scared out of my head and decided that there was no way I was going to turn around and have a look. I never knew why, usually if something like this happened I would look, but not this time and not in that house. Soon after my parents finally moved and we moved into our own home. Two years later my grandfather died, my grandmother leased the house and moved in with us.

After a few years my parents had some financial trouble and we had to sell our own home and we leased my grandmother's house. She again moved with us, and she moved into the blue room. I flatly refused to sleep in that room. But the mystery breather was not the only problem in the house. Like I said, the house had raw wooden floors and wood stain when it gets wet. There used to be very thin carpets on the floor, "protecting" the wood, and most likely the reason the floors were never treated. There used to be a problem with water in the hall, just as you entered the dining room. There was always a pool of water on the ground, so much that it splashed when you stepped in the water. My father thought that a water-pipe ran just underneath the floor, and that the pipe was leaking, but he removed the carpets, and lifted the wooden boards, there were no pipes underneath the floor and even more weird, there was no waterstain on the wood, as there should have been, since the wood was not treated. After the carpet was removed the water problem also stopped.

There was also always banging in the walls, it was so hard and persistent that the walls vibrated. I always suspected that my mother's parents were involved in something shady or sinister, since the banging stopped after my grandmother passed away. My mother and father was very religious and they would read out of the bible every night and when one of the banging bouts were going on, the banging would only intensify when they read from the bible. There were also nights that I would wake up, knowing that somebody was staring at me, and when this presence knew I was fully awake, it would pin me down, trying to strangle me, leaving only when I was able to invoke the name of Jesus to get it to leave. My younger brother was also pinned down more than once on the bed.

We never knew what happened there, but like I said after my grandmother passed away, the banging and other supernatural events stopped. This was not the first time I experienced the supernatural, but in that house, it was the only times that I was too afraid to find out more about it.

I'll tell in other stories about my other visits.

Thank you for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Noenoe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Noenoe (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Hi Amihet. Thanks for your feedback. Yes, she could have surrounded herself with negative energy and attract something evil, but maybe she also made a pact with something, and that atracted the negative spirits/entities in the house. To tell the truth we were only glad to get rid of the house although the troubles stopped.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Hi Noenoe: What a freightning experience you had in that house and you might be right that you grandmother had something to with it. If she was a mean, negative person than she was surrounded with negative energy and it could attract negative entities or energy. Glad that it stopped after she died. Thanks for sharing your story and I look forward to reading some more.
Noenoe (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Thanks Elgin & Battlescars. No we don't live there anylonger, the house has been sold. I highly doubt that my grandmother's spirit protects my family, since she did not like any of us very much, and that included my mother (her daughter). She was a spiteful vindictive old woman. I thought that her spirit would stick around to haunt us, but that has not happened, maybe because she died in an old age home, so maybe she haunts them and not us. Like I said, I think the problems were caused by her, by something she had done, because all the problems in the house died out after her death. I've got some other experiences, which I will share in the future.
Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
Thanks for the story and if this ever happened to my house I would probably freaked out and had a handful of priests blessing the whole place. This is one the scariest stories I have read so far.

With the situation dying out, no pun intended, might be due to your grandmothers passing and now her spirit now protects your family and that could have caused the other spirits to leave. ^_^
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
It would be a good idea to get a local priest to do a blessing on the house.

Do you still live there?

BattleScars

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: