You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Spirit Girl In The Tree

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit Girl In The Tree

 

This happened when I was twelve years old and I lived in a big three-story house (A typical two story house, but with an underground area where the bedrooms were). I lived near a big park that me and my friends used to visit every week. We would play with the equipment every time we went there, not going really anywhere else as we were not allowed by our parents.

We didn't really complain. We were playing there as normal, with a new friend we had made. He was a bit of a rebel, often breaking rules. That day he suggested we walk down to the huge, tall trees that we often took no notice of. We refused. I mean, who wants to look at trees? He attempted to persuade us, but we still weren't interested. Then one of my friends, Tyler, suggested we could climb the trees. We were excited at this, because we never really got a chance to climb any trees. So we ran off.

Once we got there, we were surprised, because in each tree, there was a path winding through the middle. We explored each small path, even though each only went for a meter or less, and we started to climb the thick branches. We eventually got to the last tree, and to our surprise, there was a pale little girl sitting in that tree. She had short, curly brown hair, and wore a small hat. She seemed five or six. Knowing she shouldn't be here without her parents, my friend slowly walked closer to her. She didn't seem to take any notice. He asked her where her parents were, but she simply jumped right out of the tree.

The weird thing about this is when we went down to see if she was okay, she wasn't there. We went up there everyday we came, she was always there. But she never did anything, and if we talked she would fling herself off. We came to believe she was a ghost because of this, and we told our parents. Our parents were naturally mad we had disobeyed them. They didn't believe us, but eventually came to check. We walked in the tree, and she was still there. But they couldn't see her. No matter who we brought up there, they couldn't see her.

I am confused to this day, and I found this site today, and I'm hoping someone can help me. Did she specifically want to show herself to just us, or what?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, French_Fields, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

French_Fields (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-15)
Elfstone: I tried to find somethings, from articles about it to newspaper clippngs but all I found was a few things about it being built and how it turned out!
I didn't really ask them, I just assumed at the tme that we could all see her. Her clothes seemed old fashioned, I don't remember what they looked like but they didn't seem normal.
And it went on for about 2-3 months and stopped when our parents checked it out, and I went back a few times and saw nothing,
chaCie (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Kids at that age may see spirits... Try to go to that area again and check if she is still there. Or if you could see her...
glas_enaid (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Awesome story and i'm also with teneki, sounds about right. However I wonder if it is a residual haunt that jumps out regardless of if you talked to her or not, did she ever do such a thing? And if you still see her there now days I would suggest maybe climbing up there to her to see what happens but be careful for sure heh you don't want to fall and join her 😜
Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
...that is a good one... Hmmm I guess that the little girl is a ghost who likes kids only and she is scard to be seen that is why only you and your friends could see her...;)
gymnasticslover12399 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
here is what I think that maybe the little girl fell out of the tree and died that's just what I think ❤
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
You may have the ability to see ghosts like the little girl you described. Only certain people have this ability. It doesn't matter that much if the girl wanted you to see her. Human beings can't make themselves invisible at will, right? We see them whether we want to or not. If the girl decides to talk, and she seems evil, just say "In the name of Jesus Christ, I rebuke thee." Negative entities are terrified when they hear the Lord's name. I hope this helps!
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
This is interesting. I think Teneki's got it, and i'd share why only that will be a story later.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
I wonder if this could be connected to whatever inspired the legend of the dryad.

It does sort of sound like it, and according to that legend, every tree has a spirit.
angela_maria97 (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
did you ever try and talk to her and also if she is jumping out of trees and not getting hurt then that means their is something wrong with her or yes like you said she is dead
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
What a cool story! I don't want to start making wild guesses, though, so let me ask you a couple of questions.

Have you done any research of the area to see if anything ever happened there involving a little girl?

Could all of you children see her?

Do you remember if her clothes looked out of date?

How long did this go on and do you ever go back as an adult?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: