You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Am I Going Crazy? I Need Help

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Going Crazy? I Need Help

 

A couple years ago my dad lived in a normal house. At first it was nice and nothing really happened. Months passed and strange things happened like lights going off and on but I didn't really think anything of it.

One day my Aunt and I were cooking in the kitchen suddenly a door handle started to jiggle it. It was a locked outside door with a window looking outside. That would be normal and all if someone was out there.

After that I heard people calling my name when no one was home and whispers in my ears. He moved out later on, but ever since then I see things. Sometimes shadow people, sometimes transparent people. I feel like I'm crazy hearing voices or footsteps. I feel like something always watches me.

I have been at a friend's and she has woken up to me up and my eyes red. One time I became violent. I feel things touching my feet when I lay down and sometimes something is sitting with me.

I feel like it is something bad and I can't get away. Sometimes I am very depressed for no reason whatsoever. On some hot nights I'm chilly.

I have gotten pictures with figures that aren't even there. At night I see shadow figures and eyes. This has been happening for 6-7 years. Am I going crazy or is something there? Does anyone know what going on? Please, someone tell me.

Before living at my dad's, I didn't believe in ghosts. After everything, I feel stupid for even thinking there was nothing there. Now I'm scared to be in places by myself, thinking something is watching me and I know they're there. I feel them. It is a very weird and creepy feeling.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rachseesghost99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DocRoss (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-13)
Rach, this is something that every person must face if they have a strong draw on the supernatural. As a child I was tortured and had night terrors of the similar kind you write about. In MI I help people that find me in life, I have decided I should start reading about others, I can give you more info on how to stop what your going through if you want but know your not alone and you have to find your way.
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
Hi Rach you need to be stronger... If you are being distressed by spirits. One thing you need to remember that they feed off your fear,stress,depression.The more you are stressed the more they will affect you.
Develop some hobby or get into sports. Also spend more time with your friends. This way you would be channelizing your energy in positive direction. And whenever you feel something just remember one thing you are human being God has blessed you with a powerful mind. No entity can touch you until the time you let them. You have more power on them. Be strong. Also never show any hatred or anger towards them. Just ignore because you do not have time to entertain these entities. You have a life girl... 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-18)
Hello rachseesghost99, like Val suggested I think we have to rule out the medical possibilities.

After that if you still feel that you are being watched and that you feel that this entity is negative, then use the following cleansing method devised by one of the experienced posters, Rook. It would ward off negative energies and entities. But you have to continuously do it. It helps and I suggested to several persons in this site as well as to friends of mine. They have all seen improvements. Please try to cleanse and later, please post us the developments. Give all the credits to Rook.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
MariaKBL (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
I agree with lady-glow. Well, sometimes when people are upset and lost of hope in this world, their own personalities might split/crack or if they are always negative in thinking. People tend to think of someone touching them or seeing spirit. For this reason, this person will need medical help. But if you are a happy person and when you see all this, it will also bring you to a certain extend thinking you are crazy.
I am a happy type of person and I see spirit since I was very very young, and that make me crazy? No, never. I know what I have see and heard.

May I know do you have unknown bruise around your body? Check and ask yourself this question too: if you feel there is unknown bruise or physically hurting mark on your body, you have to get rid of it, try your local priest/church to do the cleaning if your cleaning does not work. But if the spirit does not hurt you, you might consdier ignore him/her completely. He/she might be your long lost grandparent that come to protect you:)

Almost forget, after cleaning your home, you should use stone salt (Pink in color) to wash yourself (from head to toe). 1 tablespoon or 2 tablespoon of stone salt to put into a bucket of water.

Hope this will help.:) Cheer!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
Rachsees: Thanks for answering.
I strongly suggest for you to look for medical help.

Look, I do not know how well you know this site, perhaps you are aware that sometimes people post fake stories that can not stand the scrutiny of the members of YGS; we will ask questions and debunk these stories when the answers are inconsistent.
There is something that I still do not understand:
How can you explain that you seeing your dog could be your mind playing games if previously you stated that you actually took his picture and even your mother saw it?
I can not offer any help on the paranormal aspect, but my advice would be for you to make and extra effort before posting any comment and be sure they do not contradict what you previously said, that would help a lot.
rachseesghost99 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
To everyone sorry I'm really confusing

Maria no I haven't tried cleansing that might help and thank ypu

Nikki I'm glad there someone else that have had the same experiences so they understand

StephRayOflight that could be true

Lady-glow sorry to confuse I was trying to use it as an example and I explained it weird but I was saying that me being upset and seeing his figure could be my mind playing games

And Amihet sorry I'm not really good at explaining things pretty much the same thing I said to lady-glow and thank you for all the advice andilI'll try to stay strong 😁
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
Hi Rach- I am still confused with the time line and you clearly stated that you gotten pictures of figures that weren't there than in your reply you said that you had one picture of deceased dog. So yes, I am still confused but in any case you are clearly in distress and I can only suggest that you need support and help. Wether your experiences is paranormal or not and it is causing you distress or depression please see a therapist and rally the support of family and close friends. I will leave the paranormal part to my friends at YGS because some of them have more knowledge and understanding of the phenomenon than myself. Good Luck and stay Strong.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
Rachsees: I too got confused trying to understand the time frame of the events in your story.
I am under the impression that you took more than one picture of "figures that are not even there" but later you say that you "don't have the picture any more" - was it just one picture?
Furthermore you talk about your dog's death (I'm sorry for your loss) and say: "that could be why I was seeing it" I DO NOT GET IT! 😕
Could you please explain it to me?
StephRayOfLight (4 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
I believe this is your wake-up call. Yes it can go on for that long, until you accept it. Until you accept what you are seeing, your sensibility and comprehension of it all.
We have been told that there is such a thing as sanity or insanity, and we accept this, becoming afraid of who or what we are and what shows up every once in a while. Neither of these concepts are real or make justice to what really is out there, the diversity in the human mind. Why, do you think, people become instantly 'weird' as if by an act of magic when they begin discovering themselves and enter paths such as: vegetarianism; philosophy; meditation...? It is because the mind begins to unfold and leave a box that has been created for it, to make us see ourselves as crazy, unfit, dangerous/in danger and wrong when we enter paths that are not usually walked, or at least we think so.
The reactions you see in movies of people screaming when they see a spirit, are very far off from what should be, you can talk to these spirits, these entities, you don't just jump or run automatically when you see a dead girl floating in your room. You wonder why she's there, what you can get out of it, what she may be trying to teach you. Because more than likely 'she' is a memory and you're looking into that memory maybe to learn or to see another part of existence, which means you.
Stop resisting these things, because something mostly no one will tell you, and it's the truest of all truths, is the fact that the biggest power of all, is within you, you make things what they are... ❤
Nikki12 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
Thank you for sharing your story. I was almost in the same predicament as you were before... My parents went their seperate ways and I was an only child so I was very vulnerable and alone. At those dark times, I guess I became more sensitive to spirits. It has been many, many years now and being brave is what got me through it and always think that you're not alone and other people are going through the same thing. Be strong:)
I wish you the best of luck!
MariaKBL (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
Have you try spiritual cleaning for your house? If you have not, do so. Be strong when you are doing it yourself or with someone. Make sure to tell the spirit to go away with your strong voice and leave you in peace. Most spirit are afraid and fearful of human especially human are stronger than them. Before you comment him/her to leave, remember to burn the Sage to perform this cleansing. I hope this help you.

My best method of getting rid of most of them is to pretend I never see/hear/feel them even if they are around you or touching you. This method is slightly slower and they will stop it until they realize that nothing can effect your emotion.

I hope this will try you to go through your tough time. Let me know if you still feel anything, we can help each other.
😊 😊
rachseesghost99 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
The shadows are human like not fully human shaped most of the time.
rachseesghost99 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Hi, yes [at] valkricry I am under 18 I have had check ups to make sure I am fine and my dad and my mom are divorced I haven't lived there since he moved and I understand what you mean by the stress things since he moved to Florida shortly after. Sorry to confuse you. Thank you for the advice.

And [at] Amihet he lived there about 6-7 years ago when he moved out and that's when the activity really started. I do remember what house, the shadow figures look usually look like humans that aren't even there and usually they might say my name but sometimes its not that clear. And I don't have the picture anymore it was on my old phone but I can describe it pretty well. I am pretty sure it was my dead dog it was a couple of days after he died and I know its weird but I was very close to him so I was pretty upset (that could be why I was seeing it) but I was taking pictures of my room and suddenly in one of the pictures there was a figure of a dog. Clear as day right where he used to lay I even showed it to my mom and she even said it looked like him. If there is anything else like experiences that I've had just let me know there's tons and thank you.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Hi Rachseesghoat99- You mentioned in the beginning that your father lived in that normal house a couple of years ago and you experienced strange going on. Than in the end of the story you say that you have been experiencing the supernatural for about 6 to 7 years. So I am a bit confused by it. When did you actually started to experience this and do you remember at what house. Can you make out what the voices are saying and what do these shadows look like? You mentioned that you have pictures of figures that weren't even there - can you please post them so we can have a better understanding. Thanks for sharing your experience and hope to hear from you soon.
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Ok Rach... First things first. Have you had a thorough check-up? Because some of those feelings/actions could have medical explanations. Rule number one is to rule out all the plausible causes before leaping to the paranormal.
I see you're a teenager, under 18 right? Could be a dash of poltergeist activity. In which case it will go away of its own accord.
You say your dad moved out, but you remained there? May I ask why? I know that can be very personal, but I feel that you were not happy about that. Emotional stress can trigger a lot of things. Sometimes, when a parent leaves, no matter the reason, we feel abandoned by them. We might even understand the why and logically know better, but the heart is a funny thing that way.
Are you crazy? Probably not. You might try smudging the house with sage. There's several methods for that, and I'd be happy to tell you how to if you don't know. You could also try Rook's cleansing method. You'll find that on his profile page. I've heard from several that it works.
Be strong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: