You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Fear

Real Ghost Stories

Fear

 

I haven't ever believed in ghosts... The devil or whatever. But a couple months ago, me and friends messed around at the graveyard just for fun and we pretend to see things. We did not actually.

Until we headed for the exit, me and another friend were actually walking next to each other but with a space of a meter or so, so we were NOT able to touch each other. It started off by both hearing footsteps behind us. I told him I heard something and he said, "my God I also heard it". So for fun I yelled "Come out Coward and do something!" I laughed.

A minute later I got touched in my back.

I told him he should stop pretending to be funny because he scared me.

He asked me what the hell I was talking about. So that's where we came to the point I ran out of the graveyard going home.

Every night since then I have been experiencing things when I go to sleep. I feel a cold breeze in my hair, though no windows were open. And every time it happens, I get a butterfly feeling.

My Ex-Girlfriend once gave me a cross necklace as a birthday present. But a week ago, the CROSS disappeared when I woke up. But the last night it was still there, I swear. And I have been looking everywhere to find it but I could not.

Yesterday I was laying in my bed pretending to see something. It was fun, until I slightly opened my eyes and actually seeing a Man's face. The man was wearing a Hat, and looked slightly aged. He smiled at me and I was filled with fear.

Please help me and tell me if I actually experienced something or if I'm imagining things.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tomyenzo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

K_marie82 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-12)
Sounds like maybe a spirit followed you home from the graveyard and became attatched to you.
AlunaShepard (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-15)
His smile meant nothing. More than likely it was sinister, especially if you felt scared. You and your friends likely upset or interested the spirits in the graveyard.
AH (8 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-08-13)
if the man smiled at you then you're good I also experienced lots of things like this the man smiled he just wants to be friends the ghost world is lonely there are lots of ghosts everywhere I would know because I died for like 6 minutes then went back to life I was 9 then I saw ghosts lots of them just try to be friends with the ghost man and talk to him 😁 😁 😁
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-10)
I had a similar experience in a place I later found out was an indigenous burial ground. Seems to me that stomping through a place begets no less of a negative response from the dead than it would get from the living. Sounds like you got a hitchhiker... I would apologise to the guardian spirit of that particular burial ground and do a white sage smudge of your self, your bed and your home x
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-05)
Tom
I agree with the other posters. You and your friends were disrespectful
By fooling around in a graveyard. You probably just psyched yourself out and just thought you were touched and followed home. Or you DID
Disturb a spirit and now it is having some fun with you. As other posters have said go to the area you were fooling around in the cemetery and sincerely apologize to the spirits for your foolishness.
Also if the grave or graves have litter on or around them do a good deed and clean the area up, go prepared to do so.
Regards
RedWolf
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-02)
Hi Val, yeah, a lot of navy people still do that with the first sip of any liquer. And just about any Floridians that hang out on the water a lot pour out a sip of rum first. Anyway, it's all in your intention. We put in the ghosts favorite movies that he turned on himself, before he left! They kind of know what you mean.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-01)
Not to answer for Puppeteer, but the belief in offering alcohol/wine to spirits is very old. I tend to think that it differs according to local. In Jamaica it is believed white rum sprinkled about the property of a home or graveyard will appease and ward off 'duppies' (i.e. Ghosts and other supernatural beings). In nautical circles, back when the tall ships sailed and pirates roamed the sea, it was not uncommon for a sailor to pour his last swallow of rum into the sea to appease any spirits that maybe on ship as well as Neptune himself, or encountered. I'm told that this is still done in fishing villages around Britain and America, as well as Tahiti, and other places. As far as I can tell, the practice is ancient and probably stems from a time when sacrifices were made to garner a gods' favor.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-01)
Hi Tom- first of all you kids had no business fooling around in a cemetery and pretending to see things can stir up your imagination. It is possible that you irritated a spirit and it followed you home. I agree that you should apologize and tell the spirit to move on. Hope you learned you lesson, don't play with things you don't understand.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-01)
Tomyenzo,

I have to say that messing around in a graveyard is very disrespectful if you are not their to pay respect to those who have died you do not belong there. The mind is a powerful thing though it sounds like you tricked your mind into seeing the old man but with my experiences with spirits you could have attracted the spirit of the old man to you because you opened yourself you to him. Spirits will follow you when you act like a jerk you might have disturbed the old mans grave or a family members of his and you must make amends with this spirit by apologize to the spirit, lay flowers on any grave that you may have disturbed so this spirit will leave you be. Also Never fool around with a graveyard! How would you feel if someone was messing with the grave of a family member of yours I am sure you would be angry at that person I know that I would.

Puppeteer13, I have never heard of using rum to appease a spirit, I have heard of using a plant that bears fruit but never alcohol 😁

Whitewolf,
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Ghost could possibly exist but I just don't know anymore if it was evil from what I read was the cross upside down?
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Wow, sounds pretty freaky! Maybe you're just seeing things? Or maybe you really are experiencing something paranormal
WildStallionDHSGahanna (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
Sounds kind of scary... You might have disturbed something in the graveyard. But, most likely, your imagination is getting the best of you. There is not enough evidence to come to the conclusion that you are being haunted.
Kyo-the-Phoenix-of-Shadows (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-26)
It would be wise to pay your respects to whatever grave you may have come into contact with, and apologize at the same time, quite like the posts below said. Oh and, don't defile the grave.
osnapitsDebra (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-24)
Wow Tomyenzo what a cool story I agree with SDS try to apologize. It could work, and next time don't offend other spirits in any other way next time or it could be worse 😉

-Debra ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
Hi Tomyenzo, I wanted to ask the same question Val asked. What about your friend, is he experiencing anything? I still hope that it could be your imagination or the feeling of that you were being touched when you were coming out of the graveyard. But still if you feel that you have offended the spirits in the graveyard and if you feel that you were being watched or something like that, next time, as Val said when you have the feeling of cold breeze in your air, try to apologize and try to tell that you do believe in the existence of spirits and that you be left with your privacy and space. Speak aloud but in a soft and respectful manner. I think the things should settle down.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Skeptic_not_Sceptic (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
I agree with BadJuuJuu; it seems like you are scaring yourself, kind of like how the dark seems nefarious after watching a scary movie or reading a scary story. Or like a self-fulfilling prophecy experienced in your overstimulated imagination.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
Tomy, why on earth are you guys running around pretending to see things? Especially in a graveyard? That's just plain disrespectful. I think perhaps you have a bit of a cross-over here. As BJJ said, first you've psyched yourself up to see something, so maybe you did and maybe you imagined it (the man's face). Just to play it safe, you should apologize. At least you haven't experienced anything harmful. I don't think you need to return to the graveyard to do this. The next time you get that 'butterfly' feeling, just speak out loud to it. Be sincere. You might ask for the return of your cross.
Question: is your friend experiencing anything?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
It sounds to me like you're psyching yourself up and falling prey to suggestion. Find a new hobby and quit pretending to see things.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
[at] Puppeteer: would the rum appease the spirit of a person who didn't drink alcohol while alive?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-20)
Yes, it sounds like the old boy is a charictor. I agree with just apologizing to the guy too. We all have feelings, right? He was a strong old man once, he still is. You were just kidding, he was just kidding. If he was on this side, you guys would go have a beer together by now. Good luck.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-20)
Sounds like your experianceing a bit of an entities answer to your little game, when you provoke spirits the sometimes follow you, what you need to do to end this huanting is retun to the grave yard and appease the spirits, return at night tell the you see and believe and appologize pour some rum around the cemetery it should appease the spirits you riled.

Good luck and gods bless and keep you,
Your friend, Papa Thorn Singing Bear, The Puppeteer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: