You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The First And Last Time Sean Saw Frank

Real Ghost Stories

The First And Last Time Sean Saw Frank

 

Friends and relatives say that my mum has a strong life force, although my mum isn't a person that wants to communicate with spirits. She has seen, sensed and heard them from a very young age, right until now. The spirits she sees/sensed or heard are never evil or threatening. But peaceful and calm. Myself recently has encountered something very strange to. But today I am just going to start off on the first story, Sean's encounter with frank.

Just to start off with, I will be going through the family. To not confuse you along the way. My Grandma and Granddad have four children. My mum (Jo), another daughter called Linda, and two sons called Steve and Chris. My mum is the youngest in the family, so she is about ten years younger then the rest of her siblings. (Also my Grandma has two brothers called Alan and Frank and one sister called Doreen.)

Linda got pregnant, months later she had two baby boys called Andrew and Sean. When they were around the age of four my mum looked after them a bit more. She'd babysit them most nights whilst Linda went out with her friends. This particular night scared my mum.

It was late at night and my mum was watching TV downstairs. She couldn't go to sleep because she had a sinking feeling like something bad had happened. Next thing, she heard a slight laughing coming from Sean's bedroom. As she climbed the stairs, the laugh got increasingly louder. When she opened the door my mum saw Sean in his cot, jumping and staring at the opposite side of the room, right next to where she was standing in the doorway.

"Sean, what are you giggling at?" my mum asked. "He's funny!" he replied. My mum started trembling because she didn't know who "he" was, because it was only supposed to be my mum in the house babysitting her sister's sons. She had no knowledge that a man was in Sean's room.

"What does this man look like Sean?" "Black big hair. He's holding a rainbow!" Then my mum realised who this sounded like. Frank. Frank is my mum's uncle (My Granma's brother), but Sean has never seen Frank, let alone ever heard of him. "He says he got to go now." She said she can't exactly remember what happened next, except that Sean started giggling and waving "bye" to a wall.

The next thing that happened is weird, but I suppose everything fell into place. Linda frantically rushed through the door and said that Frank had passed away. He had cancer for a long time and that he had lost the battle. Mother thought she was drunk at first, but then realised the pain in her eyes, and remembered earlier the Sean seeing a man with black, big hair. That was his way of saying goodbye. Sean had seen Frank for the first and last time.

My older brother has also seen my great Granddad, but my mother got the phone call first, and then heard my brother singing a song. He always used to sing to him to calm him. I have never seen my great Granddad. He passed before I was born, which is a shame because people described him as the nicest person you'll ever meet. My mother would sit with him for hours, talking about gardening and life.

Sorry about the length, I really don't like to leave things out. I have many more stories to tell you. There's one story that I really like, it's touching and spine chilling.

Also, my Granddad is a Vicar (on my dad's side of the family) and occasionally they would sit and have conversations about life, death, God and other stuff. My mother has told my Granddad about her encounters and he does believe that she sees them, hears them, and senses them.

Other hauntings by CheekyLizzy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CheekyLizzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CheekyLizzy (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-15)
Lady-glow,
My mother got a phone call late at night from the hospital. She sat up on her bed sobbing, then a few minutes later she heard Matthew (my brother) singing. When she was in his room she did feel peaceful, not scared. She asked what he was singing at but he didn't reply, just kept looking at a chair and singing. She also noticed that the song he was singing was Great Granddad's favourite song 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-15)
That was a lot of fun. Sweet uncle to visit like that. A really well told story, I can't wait to read your next. Thankyou.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Hi CheekyLizzy: This is an interesting story, but there is something that confuses me. When you say:

My older brother has also seen my great Granddad, but my mother got the phone call first, and then heard my brother singing a song. He always used to sing to him to calm him.

Do you mean your mother heard your brother singing on the phone? Or was he singing from a different room?
What happened to your great granddad when your brother saw him?
It is so sweet that your brother would sing to calm grandpa!

Thanks for sharing.
CheekyLizzy (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Thank you for all your comments:) It seems that there is something out there:)
AH (8 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
thats so sweet I cried while reading it because I never had a chance to see him he died before I was born 😭 😭 😭
Marine (6 stories) (42 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
I love experiences like this. I still kick myself for not being around when mom passed away in the cold hospital ICU. What comforts me though is the thought that love transcends time and space. While I have not seen an apparition of mom bidding her last adieu, I have felt her protective presence.

Thank you for sharing
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Nice story Lizzy. Some people are lucky enough to say a last goodbye.
I have had relatives who have died come back to say good bye. Some of them visit when they feel like it. My mother in-law recently complained that my father in-law never visits her. She really does't believe in such things but was quite annoyed that he doesn't visit. I told her she has to look for signs. The next day she told me she can't find her casino cards. I told her it was a sign that he doesn't want her to go to Atlantic City anymore. We laughed for awhile because this is something he would do.
Divine9999 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-13)
It was definitely Frank as you've mentioned... He came to bid his last adieu to Sean... May his soul Rest in Peace. Nice share Lizzy! A quiet similar experience happened to my mom when my grandfather (paternal) expired. He was like my mom's second father. After my dad's only sister expired my grandpa considered my mumma as her own daughter. He visited my mom on the 4th day after he died, at night. I was just 2yrs old at that time...
Nice story Liz
Regards,
Divine

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: