You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Steve

Real Ghost Stories

Steve

 

It was around 1:00 am and I had this strange feeling, so I turned over in my bed and opened my eyes. There was this white figure, five feet away, it became clearer by the second and soon I was able to make out eyes, nose, friendly smile, and most of the figure. It smiled at me and left.

I told my friends about it and they said they thought it was a ghost. I named him Steve. I still see or hear him around today but nothing like the first encounter. I was staying in a hotel in Savannah, Georgia and I was standing in the parlor eating chocolate kisses and I was about to go downstairs to the room and I saw a shadow on the wall that didn't move with mine. I knew I was alone so I assumed it was Steve. I started walking down the stairs and I hear creaks that the stairs had never made before and booming sounds followed me. They sounded like feet. I think that Steve was traveling with me that trip.

Later I heard that all sorts of weird things were happening around there. Mysterious mist in the graveyards, voices with no one speaking and (my favorite) a little girl giggling and pulling on your skirt when your alone. The town was said to be haunted and I knew that about a month before I came to town, they dug skeletons out of the walls of the room I was staying in.

I love that place and the Hotel was called the Foley House Inn.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Delaney, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear Delaney,

I too will have to stop by Foley House Inn.

I have much enjoyed Georgia cities and their charm, especially Savannah, Atlanta and Augusta (golf anyone).

I am not one for keeping ghosts as friends, as I strongly believe they are meant to cross over. As I have said before, would you want yourself or your loved ones to be trapped in limbo land?

I do not think that was your ghost friend Steve you encountered either. That was the hotel's uninvited and unpaying guest who checked in and never checked out.--Abby
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-01)
sorry, but no thanks. Skeletons just dug out of the room? No idea how they came to be there? Huh, uhh. I couldn't do it. I admire the fact that you find this unsetteling. I will certainly keep that hotel name in mind and make sure if ever in savannah I locate a holiday inn.
The_Sweetest_Thing (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
So you KNEW the room you were staying had just been found out to have skeletons in the wall? I don't think I would ever go near that room the hotel or block! Good Story Though we all love friendly ghosts
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Ah sweet Savannah, next to New Orleans probably the second most haunted city in America. Thank you for the info on the hotel. If I am ever back down that way I will have to stop in a check it out.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: