You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa Visiting My Cubby House

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Visiting My Cubby House

 

Out of 11 grandchildren, my Mum always told me that my Grandpa always considered me to be his favourite. He died when I was only 6, but from birth until the time he passed away, I spent a lot of time with him. He was a carpenter and built my Cubby House for me. I absolutely loved it! My dad even installed a doorbell in there for me and a working sink! It was almost like a little cottage... Every little girl's dream!

Before my Grandpa died, he was in and out of hospital a lot with heart problems. One day after he had recovered from a heart attack, Dad picked him up from hospital as he was ready to come home. In the car on the way home, my Grandpa turned to my Dad and said, "I am going to die soon. My funeral is going to be held on an extremely hot day." Dad was shocked to hear this and told him not to be silly he was not going to die.

Within a few months, my Grandpa's health had deteriorated and he passed away from a heart attack in hospital. The day my Grandpa's funeral was held, was a scorching 45 degree C day - I guess he was right. I wonder if some people do know when their time has come to leave us...

After my Grandpa's passing, I spent a lot of time in my Cubby House as usual. Whenever, I played in there, the doorbell used to ring on its own after his death. Dad checked the wiring and everything seemed a-okay that nothing should be causing this to happen. But it continued for months. Mum said that when the doorbell rang, I used to speak to somebody, almost like an "imaginary friend". Being so young I don't remember this, but I do remember the doorbell ringing on its own frequently.

I think it was Grandpa coming to visit me in the Cubby he built for me and just keeping an eye on me.

I'd also like to point out that my Mum told me that as a child I had an "imaginary friend" called Jeremy. I don't remember him but from what I've heard, they say that sometimes imaginary friends are actually spirits communicating with children. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Other hauntings by Cat_Angel86

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cat_Angel86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-24)
Hello lavatater,

Thanks for reading. Yes, the Summers here in Australia can become quite of a heat wave!

Cheers,

Cat ❤
lavatater (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
45 degree C is about 113 degrees F. Yikes! Lovely account, by the way.
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
Hi valkricry,

Thanks for your response. I also asked Mum whether I may have picked up the name Jeremy from TV but you never know. From what my parents told me, the doorbell did used to ring on its own when my parents were gardening out in the backyard too... So he may have been visiting us all.

Cheers,

Cat ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
Cat,
I think most sense when their time is near. Maybe not the exact day, but they know.
I guess it's possible you picked up the name Jeremy from TV, but then I think your Mom would have known that. Perhaps he was a spirit child come to play.
I see no reason why it couldn't have been Grandpa playing with the doorbell to your cubby house either. Maybe he rang it so much trying to get your parents attention. Let them know he was checking up on things.
More probably he just wanted to spend a little more time with you. Sweet account.
Cat_Angel86 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
Swinsinfire - I haven't had anymore experiences from Grandpa since I was a child and we no longer have the Cubby House as we have renovated our backyard. My mother has told me that my Grandma (his wife) has had experiences from him. I will have to ask her about those! 😊

User1690 - The interesting thing about my "imaginary friend" is that his name was Jeremy. Mum was curious because she wondered where I would have come up with that name (if he was only imaginary) as I was only about 3 or 4 at the time when "Jeremy" was around and we know nobody of that name. So I believe it may have being a spirit - maybe the spirit of a child who wanted to play? 😊

Taurus83 - Thanks for reading one of my stories again! But I do believe you are right, I think when it is time for us to pass... We just know it's our turn somehow. My Aunty who passed away knew when her time was to leave, but I'll leave that story for another time. 😲

Jazzyq - Thanks for reading. Yes, I can't believe he knew that day we were to have his funeral was going to be so hot... EXTREMELY HOT!

Cheers to all,

Cat xo
jazzyq (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-19)
this is a sweet story, it makes sense your grandpa would visit you in your cubby house, he sure was right about his funeral being on a hot day 45 is a scorcher.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-18)
[at] cat_angel86, Great story. I do believe that some of us have the honor of knowing when we will leave this earth. I say that because we can say our goodbyes and ready ourselves. I believe your grandpa wanted to watch you play in the little cubby house he made just for you. Your story made me smile. Love it. ❤ 😊
User1690 (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-18)
Children, in my experience have stronger connections with spirits and their guardians/higher selves. So I completely believe that the imaginary friend you had was actually a spirit or perhaps a guardian of yours. Very interesting story and its not uncommon (in my opinion) for people to know when their time has come to depart. As the previous (or above, depending how its laid out) poster said, your grandfather built you a house, so I am certain this is quite real that he would come to visit you.:)
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-18)
Oh gosh yes. Like I say, these family visit stories are tear jerkers for me. Yes, some posters here have relatives like guardian angels who interact with them a lot. Your grandfather built you a house! Then of all the places he could go he goes there. That is the real deal there. Does he still visit? Have any other family members seen or heard from him? You're very fortunate to have family like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: