You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Nightmares And Sightings

Real Ghost Stories

Nightmares And Sightings

 

My story ranges in ages. I was rather young when it started. My family always chalked it up to me being a scaredy cat (I guess it depends on who you ask; a lot of family members understand), but I've always felt like I was watched. Maybe I am a scaredy cat and/or a little paranoid, but I know I've experienced a few things.

I guess when things really got crazy was when I was about 14. I started having nightmares, a couple of which I still remember.

In one dream I was walking down the long driveway of my grandparents' house (my family was living with them at the time). I was going to check the mail. I never liked doing that. My grandma had me convinced since they lived in a very rural area, that a snake or a mountain lion was going to grace me with its presence. I was even fearful of this while dreaming. As I was walking down the long dirt driveway, I heard leaves rustling from the old oak tree. "Great. A mountain lion," I thought. But then a giant, rabid, demonic looking wolf came out. I started running, and I ran and locked myself in my grandpa's chicken coop area. But guess what! There was a hole in the fence. I quickly opened the gate and started running up the hill/driveway to the house, but I kept running in place. The wolf ripped off my legs and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't scream. Then my grandma came out and told me dinner was ready and walked back into the house. I guess I realized I was alone in this. My legs suddenly were back and I was able to run to the house.

I woke up in a cold sweat. And I know what you're thinking. Just a bad dream. I thought so too. Then I mentioned it to my mom and she got weird and said something along the lines of, "I didn't think you remembered." She then proceeded to tell me when I was very young (about 3 or 4) I told her there was a big mean wolf behind the couch and it was going to eat me. I don't remember that, but I wasn't a child who lied about things. In fact, I was always too honest. She said I was really scared and about in tears.

I kind of tripped out over that. See, at the time of the dream I was going through a tough time. I was extremely depressed and angry. Things only got worse from there.

I started hearing bags rustling in my room when the window was shut and there was no fan on. I'd also hear whispers, I think they were Latin but I couldn't understand it. This was all when I'd go to bed and the lights were out.

I didn't tell my mom about it because I thought she'd think I was crazy. Which was stupid, because my mom used to see odd shoes standing outside the bathroom, reflections that weren't her own, and a white cat she didn't own in the house when she was a teenager.

I then had another dream that my reflection in the window stared at me when I looked away, and looked away when I stared back and then gross, sickly, demon like arms were grabbing me from under my bed. And when I went to tell my mom (in the dream) she said "Oh, you're just having spiritual problems." And went back to watching TV. Then I woke up.

I guess the next time I has a dream, I kept that in mind. I dreamt a wolf came after me again. This time I shouted at it, "In the name of Jesus, go away!" It melted. It came back. I shouted again and it melted into the ground. I ran into the house and woke up.

One of these nights I woke up to a cloaked figure with its arms outstretched above me. I turned towards the wall and started praying and somehow fell asleep.

Not long after, I found out my family had be praying over the house because my aunt said there was a "spirit of death" on the house. My grandpa said later that he saw a little shadow run and cowering the corner by our TV in the living room when he had turned on the light one night. He told it that it had no power to be there and prayed it out in the name of Jesus, and it went away. The house actually burnt down weeks after all of this in a large brush fire. We barely got out in time. I do believe there was something there harassing me.

I've still had random nightmares (and I've noticed it's when something isn't right in the place I'm in).

Things calmed down for the most part in my life until recently. A few off things happened.

My husband and I have been staying with my cousins. Suddenly things didn't feel right. She asked me one night if I had gone out to the garage one morning (it's almost like a barn, really). I said no, and the issue was dropped. I guess the lights kept getting turned on in there when no one was in there. I had a weird feeling.

A couple nights later I walked outside and saw a shadow figure between 6 and 7 feet tall standing under an oak tree. I ran inside. This was all after my cousin's husband lost his temper a ridiculous amount in the garage one night. He was fine and laughing, then went up there and got so unimaginably angry it was nuts! My little cousin had said the air was hard to breath at the house, and my husband had said some odd things.

We were arguing one night and I said, "I miss the old you." He then told me, "The old J isn't coming back. He's dead." "He's, not dead." I replied. "Yes he is. I killed him." I was weirded out. "Why?" His response..."Because it was fun," with an odd amusement in his voice. At first I thought it was drunken rambling, but then I added it all together.

I told my cousin about all of this and she prayed over the property and anointed it with oil. She said she saw white cobweb like mists floating out of the garage when she did this.

There's been no problems since then, but I think it's something following my husband. When I prayed and anointed our car, he got angry. More angry than he should have. The problem here, is him and I don't have the same beliefs and he thinks it's all in anyone's head who thinks demons are real. And he says if they are real, if you don't acknowledge them, they won't bother you.

I know praying is what I need to be doing, and I have power over it, so I'm not looking for ways to get rid of it all, but it's nice to get this off my chest. Comments and opinions are welcome, though.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FireBreathingDamsel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
Right, Rooks Cleansing method. It's on his profile. This is just like myfriend who has a history of going ape sh#t crazy for no reason that anyone can see. It's good to check out any physical or psychological issues first, and then if that is ruled out, see about the spiritual ones. Guys is there a cleansing for individual people. It works to burn some sage and sweetgrass and pray just a very short and sweet prayer for the whole property be covered in beauty and clean from all evil.
FireBreathingDamsel (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
Thank you all for reading, and I plan to respond to each of you once I'm on my computer. Right now I am on my phone, and as I realized while writing my story on my phone, it's not the easiest to write anything longer than a paragraph. I Just wanted you all to know, I am not ignoring you, and I will give full responses soon!
Fromjupiter (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
It makes sense that everytime there's problems in the family, the activity boils up. Negative spirits (or if you want to call them demons) - feed off negative energy. It's their lifesource.

I think you need to explain to your husband that it's important to you to get help. That might be the only way to convince him.
Since your husband may have something affecting him, this could explain his anger towards religouos acts.
What I would recommend is getting your house blessed.
Since your from USA there are plenty of people who are willing to do this. Search online.
If this doesn't help your husband needs to get cleansed. (I'm not a fan of the term excorcism) - but call it what you want.

I hope this helps.
And if there isn't anything in your house/husband, it will help you get some peace of mind.
Hope your doing well:)
Vonboeckmann (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
Hi just read your account through for the second time and yes concerned. Prayer is good. You have not talked about history of the place. This might give you some idea what you are dealing with. I am a practical creature - if you know the basics you can then gather the right tools for the task. ROOK has a excellent cleansing method. It is on this site. Take advice from other wise members. They know what they are about. A consult with a health care professional may be of advantage just to rule out other factors. I know that you said you want to debrief but it seems you need clarity and direction. Regards J.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
I'm confused... In your story, your husband (or, the demon in him) tells you he killed your husband (or, his personality) correct? So... That means you are currently dealing with a demon-possessed husband on a regular basis...like, this morning, you sat down with a demon and ate cereal for breakfast together. So... If you believe your husband is possessed, um, why aren't you looking for ways to solve this again? If my husband suddenly started talking about himself in the third person, I would have him in the car, on the way to the hospital/nearest mental health institution, STAT. You mention nothing about the history of the house, property or history of the local area in which this all happened... Does it concern you, that your cousins are living there? I understand you just wanted to tell your story, but I am having a hard time with this one. Please don't feel bad about that though - you are not the first, and you will not be the last that I am skeptical about!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-20)
okay this is scary stuff! Try and find someone who can cleanse the house, you and your husband. Keep the prayers going. Because it seems something has latched itself onto you. And now its disturbing your husband. Google self cleansing and house blessings. You should find a lot of do it yourself tactics amd also someone who may beable to help. Good luck and stay protected.
2bornt2b (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-19)
woah. Dude...srsly...O___o i'm legit shaking right now. Srsly

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: