You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit Noises Trashing My Garage

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Noises Trashing My Garage

 

This experience occurred in Del City, Oklahoma in a two-story house on Chetwood Street. In the Hartsdale edition. I was eleven years old when this took place and since have moved on and away.

One evening I was away with my half-sister and her father attending a church get together when I returned home around nine in the evening. I walked through the garage door to find my stepdad waiting for me. He told me he had to meet the paramedics at the hospital my mom had been admitted to. I had no time to ask questions as he had already run out and left. So I walked around and locked all the doors and turned the TV on to try and settle my nerves from worry about my mother.

The next morning my stepdad informs me she had been admitted to a psych ward due to a mental break down over grieving over my uncle's passing the year before. She had told my dad she was in her room and she saw an evil face hovering in the corner of her room and she shot at it. Resulting in my stepdad calling 911.

While I'm sitting there I feel and hear this loud rumble against the wall which connects the living room and garage. Then the noises started. It literally sounded like tools, glasses, pots and pans, boxes being thrown around and against the cement floor. I could hear our deep freezer's door being slammed shut as well.

I mustered up enough courage to turn the lights on and hid behind the TV stand. I was terrified because I was alone and it was dark outside so I couldn't see through the windows of the house.

The noises went on for about 20 minutes or more then just as suddenly as it started it stopped, leaving the house in almost complete silence. I stood up and walked towards the fireplace and picked out a poker with the pointed tip and slowly made my way to the garage door that leads into the house. I quickly turned the handle, swung open the door and turned the lights on. And to my astonishment nothing had been touched or disturbed. It was exactly how my stepdad had left it.

I was so surprised and relieved at that time I couldn't go to sleep so I waited up until he returned home. I told him what had happened and of course he didn't believe me.

Other hauntings by taurus83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taurus83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-30)
[at] freakedoutfreddy,Redwolf,and Raftingirl, thank you for reading. Redwolf, I would have never thought of a psychic breakdown. That very well be what she was experiencing. The fireplace poker was the only thing that I could think of, that had a potential of defense. And that house was absolutely creepy at all times. It always felt like someone was right behind us, or runnimg towrds us, well that's what I felt and saw in my mind. Crazy right? Movimg from that house made me ecstatic!
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
I would have left my house right away!
That was a very spooky experience girl, I'm glad you are fine1 ❤
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
Spiritwaiting
You were a very brave 11 year old. To have gone invstigating with an iron poker was an excellent idea. You say that your mother had felt slaps on her butt, candles lighting themselves,etc. Maybe rather than having a nervous breakdown seeing the evil face pushed her into a psychic breakdown which doctors would diagnose it as.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-27)
Taurus83,

That sounds truly scary.

There are a number of reasons your mom would have seen something, and not because she was insane. I've been camping and heard things that made me think a bear or a cougar or a moose was about to maul the tent. In one instance, it was a stupid mouse that got caught in the bear cache. Made enough noise to make me sure I was about to die.

Also - in the dark, the imagination can lead you astray if you've already had an idea of what you will see.

I'm not saying for one second, that she didn't see what she saw, just offering some other thoughts. I've been totally embarrassed on occasion, but thankfully never committed. At least you don't live there anymore:)

PS - the firepoker was a good idea. Way better than golf clubs - way to go!

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
[at] Benny_Lundon, Back then I was much braver than the average 11 year old. Because that wasn't my first experience with spirits. I 've dealt with them since I was much younger than that. They've always been around me. And thanks so much for reading my story,

Spiritwaiting 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
[at] swimsinfire, well back then we didn't know anything about cleansng of the home. We have moved from the house. Now I know all about those sorts of things. Becoming obsessed is really an understatement. I check out books, and find everything on the web etc. Becaue well of my experiences.
Benny_Lundon (2 stories) (33 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-25)
Hi Spirit, how truly terrifying for a girl of only 11.
I know at that age I would have most likely wet myself and ran off shrieking. Great story, thanks for posting.

Regards; Benny.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-24)
Spirit, that is so intense! I would be obsessed with the paranormal also. Have you guys done a cleansing? Hope all is well.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-24)
[at] pjod, yes I'm postive I was alone. I watched him pull off frantic. I had to close the garage door myself because he ran out so fast. He was gone the rest of that night until early the next morning. I was the only child that lived in the home, along with him and my mother. And thank you for reading
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-24)
[at] shlain, and yes over the years i've done a lot of research etc, i'm actually almost obsessed over the paranormal. And have begun to believe she may have attracted this spirit, or maybe even poltergeist to her due to her anxiety and depression over my uncles death around that time. But also thinking further back, she has always had some sort of paranormal going on around heras well as myself since I can remember. So I'm torn between not knowing if its something attached to her or it was that house and its invisible inhabitants.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-24)
[at] lady-glow, your def right, my stepdad wouldn't have believed me. He was the type of guy whom never believed in the paranormal until recently. And I will most def post that in later stories under this name spiritwaiting. We would always tell him about the strange and scary occurences, but he would always say "you two are hearing things, or seeing things" or the oh so cliche " its all your imagination".
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-24)
[at] aussiechick95, in the home, my mother experienced candles lighting themselves, her rear was slapped by an invisible hand near the top of our stairway. Even as she was cooking one evening (using the oven) she had turned to wash some dishes in the sink, she turned to check on the meat in the oven and it had vanished, the only thing left on the baking sheet were a couple outlines of were the fish she had placed on the sheet had been. I've heard my name being called in a low menacing tone, knocks on the doors of the rooms I'm in when alone in the house. This was all in my childhood home.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
Aussie,valkricry,lady-glow,shlain,&psychicmama, sorry about the responding with a diff user name. Google account was hacked and I had to change everything. Now my username is spiritwaiting. Thanks for asking about my mom. After a month of being in the psych ward she was released. She and I had experiences before in other homes so her and I sat down and talked about what she saw etc. She was adament about her experience. But since she was still kind of fragile, I didn't tell her about my experience until months later. She def believed me and no my stepdad wasn't home blowing off steam. Because I had locked all doors entrances and exits, I learned early because my stepdad was a police officer he taught me well. Of course I told my stepdad as soon as he walked through the door, I was frantic. He checked the garage and he saw nothing out of place. And of course him being an officer of the law, he thought I was making it up. He had never experienced anything, that I know of. If he did he never mentioned it to my mother or myself. And thanks to all of you for reading my experience
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
Taurus, I'm pretty sure given the circumstances, I would have called 911 or someone to come save me from a fetal position! And I'm pretty sure I would NOT go investigating on my own, not at age 11. Although it may have sent me sprinting to the nearest neighbor.
I'm curious as to whether you were ever able to talk to your Mom about it, and if she believed you?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
Are you certain your stepfather wasn't having his own "breakdown" in the garage, letting off some steam over the situation with your mom? Just a thought.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
You poor thing! How awful that must have been for a girl alone at home.

Maybe due to your mother's agony she drew something negative towards her during that time. Negative entities do that. Its what they feed off. What you heard in the garage could have been this entity reacting to her being taken away from it.

How's your mother doing now and how did she cope after being released from the psych ward?

Thanks for sharing
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-22)
So now I'm wondering if your mom was not really needing to be in the psych ward? She probably heard that stuff and also saw the face? If so, I feel sorry for her!

Very good story, thanks so much!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-22)
taurus: you were a very brave eleven year old girl!

I'm sure that if anything would had been out of place when your stepfather got home he wouldn't have believed you didn't do it.

Good story, thanks for sharing!
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-22)
taurus83, Thanks for sharing its a great story. Maybe whatever your Mum saw is what you heard. Trying to get to you, It may have made the noises hoping that you would go in to investigate. Has anything happened since? Had your Mum experienced anything like this?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: