You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Daughter's Playmate

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter's Playmate

 

This took place in Oklahoma City. My daughter was 3 almost 4 years old at the time. We lived in an apartment complex that consisted of town homes and duplexes. We lived in a duplex without any neighbors for 6 months after we moved in.

One evening around 8:30, my husband 3 boys and I all sat in the living room watching a program on TV. My daughter had fallen asleep on my lap. As usual, she was the first to fall asleep. She and my oldest son shared a room because they weren't too fond of sleeping by themselves. (That will be explained in other publishings.) I carefully pick her up and take her to the bed and head back for the living room.

No more than 10 minutes later she comes running out full speed, all the while looking behind her as though someone is chasing her, her face pale as a ghost. She runs to me and jumps on my lap. Now me, knowing this look, I asked her what was wrong. She tells me a girl was in the room and she wanted to play. I ask her what did she do? She says to me, "Momma, she started jumping on the bed and woke me up and she said she wanted to play. I told her 'No I'm tired." So I carefully asked her what did she look like. She responds she was white and had short red curly hair and had a white dress on. This spooked me and my husband and our boys.

So I get up and walk into the room, expecting to see a ghost girl standing there. I turn the light on and nothing, just a chill in the room. I ask her to come here and look. She says, "Momma, she was right there." I said, "I know."

After this she started to sleep with me and talking in her sleep. She refused to play alone in any of the rooms without one of her brothers with her. This is just one experience we had in this duplex.

Other hauntings by taurus83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taurus83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-22)
[at] jesselynn, thanks so much, being an empath, is awesome and draining at the same time. I can feel others emotions, and presence before they enter into a room etc. Its great when it comes to helping others open up, about a lot of their issues. I'm great at advice. Sorry it took so long to respond, just now catching up on older storiez etc.
jesselynn1027 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-30)
spiritwaiting, I'm glad to hear that, and happy that you are in control. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me privately. I have never met a empath, and never really did any research or heard any stories about them. Again, any questions, just ask, I'm always here to help.

Have a wonderful day ❤ JesseLynn
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-30)
[at] lilady4, I believe that as well. As a child I've had so many experiences with different spirits, some good and some that liked to terrify me. My children except one have all had numerous experiences. And they didn't understand what was going on until I explained everything I know about spirits and paranormal. At first they were terrified, but that changed the more the spirits made themselves known. Now they just tell me what theyve seen and heard in our current home.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-30)
[at] momachong, I have submitted another story about the complex, just waiting for its approval and posting. I believe when you read this you will like it. Thanks so much for reading and comments.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-30)
[at] angela_maria97,oh I definitly agree, I don't believe she wanted to hurt my daughter either. I believe she came to my daughter possibly for friendship. [at] momachong, I've explained to my children (because of their experiencez with spirits), how to go about protecting themselves when coming in contact. My kids are now like me addicted to paranormal everything. And now their a little older their not scared. [at] freakedoutfreddy, it was the first occurence, there was only a couple more experiences after. I ended up asking my mom for an Indian protection prayer and some activity stopped but it made other stuff worse.
angela_maria97 (14 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-29)
this may not be what you want to hear... I don't think the so called ghost little girl wanted to harm your daughter I think she really just wanted to play you have to take into consideration if a little girl dies very young she still going to want to have a normal life and I honestly think that is what is going on here...
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-29)
Interesting story here, taurus83. I am inclined to believe that it was a ghost child, spooky!. Children are more perceptive towards Spirit/s as they (children) often have open minds, whilst us Adults tend to have more closed minds. And, a child wouldn't run away from an imaginary friend!
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
I wouldn't like to have a ghost for a friend, specially one jumping on my bed.
I hope she stopped visiting your daugther.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
RedWolf: I agree many children can see ghosts. But reading the account provided by Taurus, I don't believe her daughter's experience is paranormal.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
taurus83,
I would like to hear your other stories regarding this complex.

I agree with Redwolf. I have a son that has real friends and imaginary friends. He tells me their imaginary, draws the imaginary friends. He also knows about ghosts, knows the difference between the two. My son has never run away from a imaginary friend.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
To Narella & Maryanne
It is true that many children have imaginary friends, but a lot of these ''imaginary'' friends are ghosts. Children can see ghosts but as they grow up they are taught by nonbelieving adults that there is no such thing.

To jesselynn,
I am also a psychic medium. I can read people and spirits and if I get a bad vibe off of a spirit I tell them they must leave me and my family alone and say a prayer for protection. If I get a bad vibe from a person I avoid them. BUT not all ghost children are demons sometimes they are just children who have died and are just looking for someone to play with.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
Just based on what you've told us, this doesn't sound like a ghost at all. As MaryAnne pointed out, it is very common for children that age to have imaginary friends. It's also common for children that age to be fearful of a room or something in a room. It's possible she's picking up your fears. I'm sorry, but based on the info you've shared with us, I don't see anything paranormal at all.
MaryAnneTHEdoll (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
Little kids are known to have imaginary friend, maybe your daughter have one. I suggest that you bless your house and bless all old things in your house maybe the spirit got attracted to it.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
jesselynn 1027, thanks for the advice, I do that now when we move into a new house. And I pray in every room. Wow i've never met a medium, or psychic. Thats an awesome gift. I'm an empath, and I'm still learning to turn the volume down on others emotions, Kinda of like being in some sort of self training. I've awlays been. It really explains a lot about my childhood.
jesselynn1027 (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-25)
Taurus,

I am a psychic medium. Sounds to me that your daughter was very frightened. Try to get more information from her, demonic entities can disguise themselves to look like children. Be very careful, and keep a close eye on your kids, they are very vulnerable to demonic entities and can be easily possessed. Try cleansing your house with burning sage in every corner of your rooms and chant something like "nothing negative may enter this room, only positive can be here".

❤ JesseLynn
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
shlain, lol I was terrified as a kid watching chuckie. Great movies by the way. And yes I asked her a couple days later about what happened just to check her memory. She said the girl was a little bigger than (meaning height). But we've since moved from there. To this day she brings it up to me. She actually likes talking to me about it. And thanks for reading my story. Oh and I know my username is now spiritwaiting, but I had to change accounts etc. It was taurus 83.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
Taurus,

Please don't kill me, but while reading that I had Chucky (that demonic doll) in my head and seeing it jumping on your girl's bed.

Yeah, this isn't a good one. The spirit may be innocent, but bringing fear to a child could do a lot more damage than allowing the spirit to hang around. Gently try and get more info out of your daughter about this spirit. Then get rid of it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: