You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Hallway

 

This story takes place in victorville, Ca, at a house in The beautiful Spring Valley Lake (on cresta blance court). I had moved to Victorville in late October 2005, and I knew NO ONE. The first day I had started school a girl named Michelle approached me and ever since we've been best friends, also the first day of school, I saw this guy and fell in love automatically.

It was several weeks before he even said a word to me thanks to a friend of his who I shared a class with, he over heard me talking about him and told him and so the guy (Jordan) approached me. We ended up going out several times but it wasn't until New Years that I went to his house for the first time. The house had the darkest and most depressing living room I've ever been in, it could be the brightest day on earth and that living room remained dark so everyone usually sat in the bright and happy dining/kitchen area. The house was set up as such (entire the front door to your right are french doors leading into a study which was turned into a bedroom, to your left was the dining area from the dining area, you could enter the kitchen but also if you kept straight from the front door you could enter the kitchen to your left, and to your right the hallway continued but if you kept straight a few steps you would be in the living room).

If you walked through the living room and go through the doors you would enter the (boom boom room) which was like a den but people slept in there... If you went right down the hallway from where it turns into the kitchen or living room you would continue down the hallway until you hit the linen closet where you would have to go left to the master bedroom and one of the bathrooms or right to another bedroom and the laundry room.

The first time I spent the night jordan and I slept in his room. I fell asleep before he did and woke up in the middle of the night. I saw someone sitting up in the corner, the room was dark but I could tell that they were looking at me. I thought it was one of his brothers who had stayed in the room with us or maybe jordan had fallen asleep in the corner. I looked beside me in the bed and jordan wasn't there so I looked down on the floor beside the bed and there was jordan sleeping. I looked up to the corner again and whoever it was had gone. The bedroom door was locked. I didn't want to seem crazy so I didn't mention this because although I knew they said the house was haunted, they always said it was the hallway.

Later when I would visit, whenever the door was locked, it would start to rattle real hard like someone was trying to break in. Jordan told me that it was probably the wind. I wanted to believe him but none of the windows in the bedroom were open and I don't think any wind would shake the door that hard. I got used to the door rattling and the chills while walking through the hallways and doors slamming shut. I just accepted that the house was haunted. Thankfully I didn't have to live there!

One day jordan had told me he experienced something really scary. He said he woke up one night to go get some water out of the kitchen, he said when he opened up the door in the middle of the hallway he saw his 18 month or so old niece standing there. It was really late in the night and he thought maybe she woke up to go to his mom's room or something but he wasn't going to just walk past her, so he said he went to pick her up and she disappeared leaving him in the hallway alone. He got scared and didn't even bother to get the water. I was there that night so when he came back in the room, he woke me up and together we walked to jeremy and taya's room (his nieces parents), it was the first room when you entered the house, we tried to push them open but the door were locked. This meaning jamya could not have been in the hallway. WE RAN BACK INTO THE ROOM, locked the door and told his mom everything when morning came.

She told us that several days beforehand she had experienced the same thing except that she always wakes up at the same time in the middle of the night and walks around the house checking on things. She said that when she started down the hallway to the kitchen she heard a baby crying and then she saw jamya standing there, as she got closer and was talking to her trying to comfort her, she smiled and disappeared. Tammy doesn't really get scared of this things so was just surprised, she too checked jeremy and taya's room and once again it was locked.

Every one in the house sort creeped out by this but what really did it was when tammy was cooking, one night, and if you were at the stove, if you looked to your right, you were looking straight down the hallway, which was also dark unless you had it light. Well jamya liked to play in the hallway so she was there and everyone else was scattered around the house when tammy said "DINNERS READY" jordan me and a few other people came from the boom boom room and some more people from the back of the house, we all seemed to get to the hallways right in time to see jamya slammed against the wall by something. We all stopped and stared. She stared in front of her and then her eyes followed something heading towards the kitchen. After that she wouldn't play in the hallway. We didn't talk about that ever again after that.

One day everyone was in the boom boom room. At this point I was living there too because my dad was arrested and he had been evicted from the apartment we were living in and I had no way home (I had moved there from out of state). I had just came from the bathroom and started down the hallway. At the end of the hallway was a mirror and I was looking at myself through it the whole time thinking about how terrible I looked at the point in time. Well as I was walking down the hallway, almost toward the middle I saw a dark tall figure of a man walking behind me, but not following me, he had walked from the area of tammy's room towards jordan's room. This scared the shiat out of me. I knew NO ONE ELSE was in that area of the house besides me and on top of that, no one else in the house was a tall shadowy figure. I ran into the boom boom room and told jordan everyone went back there and there was NO ONE.

Then on one more occasion Taya and I were the only ones in the house besides jamya. We sat there in the kitchen eating dinner at the point jamya was older barely two years old, but she could talk so well. She said to us "That's girls here" and pointed to the hallway. Taya and I looked and saw nothing but then several moments later we both got chills and that's when jamya said "and that man's here too. He kill her he kill the girl" and started smirking and giggling. She then took her fork and started stabbing at herself, not had just gently, and started talking saying things like "he bad he a bad man he kill her mama he kill that girl" and would point to the hallway. We moved jamya's chair so she couldn't see into the hallway anymore but the it started again she started saying "she's scared because that man's going to get her and he in the hallway too..." We had no choice but to believe jamya was seeing things in the hallway and that possibly was being possessed into telling us what she saw, because how could she know what words to use to tell us or even show us with her fork? She was only two... Taya and I were SOOO SCARED!

From that point on jamya continued to talk about that little girl and the man and tammy, jordan, jamya and myself would start to see him more and more. I started feeling at times evil jordan and I would start to argue more as would tammy and her boyfriend and then one day (at this point I was pregnant), I just flipped, jordan's brother justin had came into the dining room and started talking about how I was making a mess with the papers and as he went to pick them up' he knocked over my water. I just flipped out, I took the scissors which we VERY VERY VERY SHARP and throw them at him with all my force and thankfully he dodged and they missed him at less than and inch and hit the wall. Then I stormed out of the dining room and hit the hallway, I felt like someone had pushed me back and I fell backwards and before hitting the ground, deshay (their mom's boyfriend) caught me.

After that I left the house to stay with my grandma who had moved to california but a couple of hours away and I never went back... Although jordan would still call me and tell me stories, until they decided after too much happenings to just move. Jamya was being pushed around and assaulted more, the ghost was starting to appear to more of them and the front door would just open and close.

But I guess what really did it was when tammy was entertaining one day and after everyone had left (besides the people who lived there), she was cleaning up in the living room when jamya came into the living room wanting to be picked up, so tammy picked her up and started to head back towards the kitchen, when she said she felt like something had pushed the side of her and was falling in like slow motion. When she realized that she was falling into the glass coffee table, she said she knew that there was no nothing she could do, they were going to fall into the table, when they hit the ground, in a split second, the table moved, but not just a little bit, it zoomed right into the wall! And shattered...

That was it, they started packing that night and were gone. I know it doesn't seem like a lot of this stuff is possible but I experienced it and so did nine other people and we honestly believe the house is haunted. We never did any research on the house but I do think it would be a good idea to. I don't know what is is but it seems like every house they move into is haunted from the stories tammy would tell me, to the experiences at both the houses I would be in...

I'm going to post more stories on here though about more experiences... I think that perhaps I have the ability to see ghosts, however ONLY through reflections... Do anyone else think this same thing?

Other hauntings by The_Sweetest_Thing

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Sweetest_Thing, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mydarkesthour24 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
hi latasha my name is tony, I also live in victorville I am actually with the high desert paranormal society and your story interested me perhaps we can help solidify these stories email me at mydarkesthour24 [at] yahoo.com
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear The_Sweetest_Thing,

I have been reading your series of stories backwards. I do agree with Lenalaney in regards to "like attracts like" and her following second comment of explanation to you in regards to that statement.

Your second story on this site, "Seeing Ghost Only Through Reflections" basically shows that these paranormal occurrences have been happening to you prior to this story. It is not just those that you have chosen to surround yourself with nor just the use of voodoo by another in your immediate group or vicinity. We do attract into our lives those things we are most focused upon. Many times we do not know we are doing it. This is where personal self empowerment, boundaries, self esteem, responsibility and self knowledge come into play, as well as full awareness of who we truly are warts and all.

As I said before you are aware of where you have been and you are now sharing your stories. I sense that what is said will not be accepted otherwise. Until you wish to choose to listen, there is nothing else to be said by anyone else, including myself, as nothing will suffice.--Abby
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-03)
WOW. That was a very good story. I goes into my favourites. Honestly I do believe in the Paranormal and have expierienced some wierd things but that would be too much for me 😁!I believe That praying to god can help.I'm sure that it will help. By the way, do you have wierd experiences now after all this?(Sorry for my english) I wish that I could be much more of a helper but I Hope that these things won't effect you in life. SEE YOU LATER
poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-02)
yea it is really scary how ghosts will follow you, my grandma still see's the little girl but is starting to get used to it.
poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-01)
I think this was the best huanted house story I've ever heard, I mean honestly I really do believe in paranormal things like that. Your story had so much detail, so much intensity, so much... Of everything that I had to go and turn on my bedroom light to actually finish the story. And I agree with Martin and that you should try to stay away from mirrors or reflective objects.
Lenalaney (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-01)
Not necessarily you alone, but the group as a whole. Voodooism in it's basic form is just another approach to divinity, not the hype seen on TV. The rhthymic cadence of their dances is just another way of reaching "nirvana" just as prayer/mantras/Oh's etc... Methods to still the conscious mind---the chatter that blocks out divinity. Why would one person habitually see "demons" when another sees "angels..." I'm not trying to be smart, but you prove my point perfectly... That like attracts like. You might try checking out Jung's universal archetypes that are shared memories we as a species are born with. "Evil" is personified by ghosts, goblins, demons, formless entities of dark colors, vampires and ghoulies of all kinds. It's part of the survival instinct that prepares us for the inevitable. Don't mean to talk over your head, but have spent years studying this type of thing. Sorry if you take offense, but I still say collectively or individually people are predisposed toward specific manifestations according to their belief system. The argument against Voodooism is a case in point.
The_Sweetest_Thing (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Thank you for commenting my story everybody but to ms. Lane Laney. I'm sure you you seriously believe that it was me causing these things to happen but I assure you its not. I only ever had one ghost or supernatural experience prior to meeting these people and all the stories and haunting they've experienced where always different I remember one story tammy telling me about this house in Pomona where she would see little two feet tall demons or something in all black running around and and so many other things. I think perhaps ghosts are just attracted to her because she told me she used to practice Voodoo when she was a young girl to her early twenties before her aunt who was teaching her died... But I don't know... Thank you for you comments though!
Lenalaney (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
AS I always say "Like attracts like" and I'm not saying the house was not haunted, but this has a very strong correlation to poltergeist activity, normally associated with a teenager. The fact that these "entities" follow the same people points away from an outside source. Sorry, folks, but the haunting is in the people, not the location. A list of deeds could easily be obtained to find out what happened to former owners/occupants and a check will show nothing. Excuse me for being a party pooper, but the indicated backgrounds alone would point to a living culprit! Your background alone speaks of a dark troubled past that you need to come to terms with and I mean that in a positive way. Your father in jail, you as a teenager in a strange land, strange house with troubled companions implies the answer to this haunting. Lenalaney
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Very interesting indeed. It sounds as if the home suffered from a mix of spirits. Those with not so good intentions and those watching over the family living there. Probably a good thing for all that they moved. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
meg (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
I know it is too late now, but did you ever think of getting the house blessed etc.? Or even getting a psychic in to evaluate the situation? There were far too many strange things that you and your family and friends saw for it to be false. Next time, do not let a horrible spirit get the better of you, you need to get the better of it.(with help of coarse)
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
That was a very interesting story, The_Sweetest_Thing, thanks for sharing it. It had good substance and that haunting seemed very very intense! 😲 stay away from reflective objects maybe? 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: