You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Beginning Of My Uncle's Knocking

Real Ghost Stories

The Beginning Of My Uncle's Knocking

 

This took place when I was 14 years old. It was around 3 years after my uncle had passed due to suicide. I hadn't mourned him yet so around this time is when I did.

One afternoon while I was alone in the house, this took place during summer break and when my parents used a lot of their time working. I was sitting in my room listening to music at my desk. I heard three knocks on my headboard. I stopped, turned around and looked at my bed. Of course, not seeing anything, I turned back around thinking it was just me hearing random noises. I turned the music down just in case I were to hear it again, then maybe I would hear it more clearly.

And again three knocks on the headboard. I finally say while my hearts beating through my chest, "Ok, Unc, knock it off. You're scaring me." And just like that it stopped.

Later on that night as I was getting ready for bed, I had been in the bathroom washing up. As I stepped through my door knocks in unison started on my headboard. I had been crying and talking out loud about my uncle. Going through the memories and realizing that I missed him. I said out loud, "Unc, if this is really you give me one knock." And it did just that.

From that night on this was the regular routine. He would start his knocks as I was getting ready for bed. Once I laid down he

Would knock in a rhythm. And when I would ask him to stop he would.

This continued every night even after I married my husband. I could always feel his presence around me and he would make it a regular occurrence to bug my husband. He stopped only after I was able to say goodbye and accept he was in a better place. Now he pulls his crazy jokes on my mom at her home.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
[at] curious_sami, yes I agree. I do believe the bond between family friends etc, stays with the individuals. [at] notjustme, I know I absolutley love these types of stories as well. Sorry for my delayed responses. My phone has been actin'up and I have had it fixed. So now have to catch up on the reading! Happy Halloween Everyone!:)
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
Ah I missed this one. Beautiful encounter Spirit. I'm a sucker for these ones 😆
curious_sami (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
your story is proof that the bond between humans continue even after were gone. Would love to hear about the pranks that your uncle pulls on your mom hehe 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: