You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Doppleganger?

Real Ghost Stories

Doppleganger?

 

As I have stated before I do not believe in ghosts, but I do have a couple of stories I admit I can't explain. I don't know what it was about our house but my sister and I always had bad dreams there.

One night we were sleeping in the same room and I don't know why, but I looked toward the doorframe and there was a shadow leaning against it. The feet were crossed, elbow leaning up against the door. It had on a long coat with a hat that looked like detectives wore (this was in the late 50's or early 60's). I remember thinking I have heard that if people are just seeing things, if they close their eyes the thing you see will go away. It was still there when I reopened my eyes so I just closed them again and somehow went to sleep. I never saw it again.

Another time when my cousin and I were at her house, she was on the bed looking for something and told me to keep an eye out for her sister. Her sister was a VERY neat freak and if there was even a small dent in the bedspread, she would get very angry. So, I said "There she is"! We waited and waited and she never came in. Then it just dawned on me that it could have not been her because whatever it was, was coming from the left side of the porch which was like 7 feet off the ground. It LOOKED like her only she was all white and had a weird smile on her face and seemed to be floating--there had been no sound.

Another time, we had been playing at night, "ain't no boogers out tonight" and my clean freak cousin said she had to go to the bathroom. I waited and waited and then I thought I saw her and went out to play again. I didn't see her anywhere. Then it dawned on me that again, I had seen this white person that looked like my cousin, had again come floating from the left with that smile. I went to the bathroom and there she was!

All 3 of these experiences I just attributed to a small child's imagination and never saw my cousin like that again and just forgot about it. Any comments?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mysmarple, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mysmarple (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-26)
Actually, jerryhend1 it's quite the opposite. My point here is that the mind can play a lot of tricks on you and make imaginations go wild. As a child, all this seemed real to me, but as an adult, I do not believe these things happen--only imaginations happen. 😊
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
You must believe in something or maybe drought what believe in or you would not be here to wright about it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: